Default Another new guy from S. Texas

Hi,
    I am Richard, been inspecting in the Rio Grande Valley for the past 5 years and I am excited to learn from this forum.

Richard Flores

editing: I AM A LICENSED REAL ESTATE INSPECTOR FOR THE STATE OF TEXAS, UNLIKE SAID BELOW.. PLEASE CHECK LINK BELOW

TREC license search

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Richard Flores; 10-01-2009 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Correcting the haters !!!!
    OREP Insurance

Ron Bibler Guest

Default Re: Another new guy from S. Texas

Welcome aboard... Another new guy from Texas. What is happening over there.

Rick has got his work cut out for him

Best

Ron

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Flores View Post
    Hi,
    I am Richard, been inspecting in the Rio Grande Valley for the past 5 years and am excited to learn from this forum.

Richard Flores
    Premier Property Inspection & Consulting
    McAllen Home Inspector, Mission Home Inspection, Edinburg Inspector
    RF: Welcome.

A.D. Miller Guest

Hi,
    I am Richard, been inspecting in the Rio Grande Valley for the past 5 years and am excited to learn from this forum.

Richard Flores
    Premier Property Inspection & Consulting
    McAllen Home Inspector, Mission Home Inspection, Edinburg Inspector
    Richard: Someone, and I won't mention any names in order to protect the guilty, pointed out to me that you may or may not be a home inspector in South Texas. The problem lies in the fact that the TREC seems to think that your license is expired.

Now, either you know this and you are yanking our chains, or you do not know this and are practicing without a valid license. Either way, you appear to be in deep $hit.

What is the real story?

TREC Licensee Detail Page

Aaron,

I had a well known inspector in the Carrollton area call me last week asking about who I used for E&O.

He told he had a client file a complaint against him with TREC, and they found out he didn't insurance.

I asked him how did he renew his license without E&O and he said "I have not had my license now for years with TREC."

I asked him if he'd been doing inspections all that time and he said "Sure have!"

rick

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Aaron,

I had a well known inspector in the Carrollton area call me last week asking about who I used for E&O.

He told he had a client file a complaint against him with TREC, and they found out he didn't insurance.

I asked him how did he renew his license without E&O and he said "I have not had my license now for years with TREC."

I asked him if he'd been doing inspections all that time and he said "Sure have!"

rick
    RH: Now, I do not know how you reacted to that, but had it been me, the next call I would have made would have been to the TREC. In case you did not follow up in that fashion, please send me this guy's name and I'll handle it tomorrow once the schmucks get back in their offices.

If I have to play by the rules - by god - so does everyone else.

Ron Bibler Guest

Dam Guys gots some BALLS... So will the TREC Count each inspection as an act of fraud...

The TEXAS A.G. will be after this guy... If he has a complaint on file its only a matter of time...

The knocking stick will fall... FYI...Thats a Hammer...

bEST

rON

A.D. Miller Guest

RB: It has already fallen. He just hasn't felt it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Aaron,

rick
    Unfortunately that is the only way any of the licensing authorities will take action here, except the TSBPE (PE Board). The licensing authorities want "proof" that illegal activity is occurring and generally will not act just on advertising they are performing a service they are not licensed for. What are the chances that you would have this proof? Slim at best, so it comes down to some consumer being ripped off and pi$$ed off enough to file a complaint. By then it is to late and many others may have suffered. It is interesting that he is asking you about E&O because no carrier would touch him without a license anyhow!

We need to have a "Wall of Shame" on the BB where names of these people can be posted. If a consumer is doing any checks on the Inspector then his name should pop up in a basic search and be on the "Wall of Shame".

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!
    www.psinspection.com
    Texas License# 7593

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    Dam Guys gots some BALLS... So will the TREC Count each inspection as an act of fraud...

The TEXAS A.G. will be after this guy... If he has a complaint on file its only a matter of time...

bEST

rON
    It is a Class "C" felony here if they choose to pursue it. I doubt they will though.

We have a lot like that with huge gonads. But then it does not take much when the authorities controlling these things will not take action until a complaint is filed. Then they only do it to show that their office is still in operation.

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!
    www.psinspection.com
    Texas License# 7593

A.D. Miller Guest

We need to have a "Wall of Shame" on the BB where names of these people can be posted. If a consumer is doing any checks on the Inspector then his name should pop up in a basic search and be on the "Wall of Shame".
    ES: Good idea.

So then Brian (the Hann), how about a new category for these sorts of pond scum to be outed?

If you are in a licensed state and you discover a person performing inspections without a proper license, IMO it is your duty to notify the state license board about them.

Keep in mind that the RE agents are also breaking the law by allowing an unlicensed inspector to inspect a property that they are involved in. The agents have a fiduciary duty to make sure that everyone has a proper license. As it was noted, it is best to provide proof to support your complaint.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    If you are in a licensed state and you discover a person performing inspections without a proper license, IMO it is your duty to notify the state license board about them.

Keep in mind that the RE agents are also breaking the law by allowing an unlicensed inspector to inspect a property that they are involved in. The agents have a fiduciary duty to make sure that everyone has a proper license. As it was noted, it is best to provide proof to support your complaint.

You can try as hard as you want to think that is going to happen. The Realtors whether referring anyone or not keep out of it after they tell their client that they need an inspection. It is not the Realtors duty to play Kops and Robbers. They are not responcible for any Home inspector in anyway. That is why we need insurance to take the liability away from them. To think that the buyers agent is also the watchmen and police in making sure everyone is licensed from the home inspector or any contractor that comes to give a price for repair is insanity. That is not ever going to happen and I seriously doubt that that is ever checked into or followed up in any way shape or form by anyone. What you are saying is that the Realtors, no matter who hires who to come to a home are suppose to get names and whatever so they can take their time out of their day to check on every person and licensing body and keep some kind of log book,,,,,, well ......................... .......enough said.

As we have just recently become Provincially Licensed (BC, Canada), I find this quite interesting and have concerns over the enforcement (or lack of) to fine or go after un-licensed Inspectors.

I've had a couple of clients ask over-the-phone if I was licensed or not but am yet to have anyone ask to see my actual wallet card. Perhaps we should be advising all who call for HI quotes, to verify licensing from whomever they hire, either on the licensing website or actual wallet card at time of inspection.

Joe Klampfer RHI
    www.myinspection.ca
    Pacific Home Inspections

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Klampfer View Post
    As we have just recently become Provincially Licensed (BC, Canada), I find this quite interesting and have concerns over the enforcement (or lack of) to fine or go after un-licensed Inspectors.

I've had a couple of clients ask over-the-phone if I was licensed or not but am yet to have anyone ask to see my actual wallet card. Perhaps we should be advising all who call for HI quotes, to verify licensing from whomever they hire, either on the licensing website or actual wallet card at time of inspection.
    JK: Good idea. This is posted on my website:

WARNING!
    Many inspectors in Texas are operating either without licenses or with expired licenses. Though aware of this issue, The Texas Real Estate Commission appears not to take action against these crooks unless formal complaints are lodged by the clients of the crooks themselves. All other reports they receive from concerned citizens fall on deaf ears.
    So to make certain that your inspector is on the up and up go to:
    http://www.trec.state.tx.us/newsandpublic/licenseeLookup/search.aspx?licType=RBRealEstate&txtSearch=Lic+%23 +or+Lastname%2C+Firstname&SearchLicensees.x=56&Sea rchLicensees.y=4
    Type in your prospective inspector's name and or license number and let the games begin!

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post

WARNING!
    Many inspectors in Texas are operating either without licenses or with expired licenses. Though aware of this issue, The Texas Real Estate Commission appears not to take action against these crooks unless formal complaints are lodged by the clients of the crooks themselves. All other reports they receive from concerned citizens fall on deaf ears.
    http://www.trec.state.tx.us/newsandpublic/licenseeLookup/search.aspx?licType=RBRealEstate&txtSearch=Lic+%23 +or+Lastname%2C+Firstname&SearchLicensees.x=56&Sea rchLicensees.y=4
    Type in your prospective inspector's name and or license number and let the games begin!
    That's actually not a bad idea also, perhaps a tad wordy for me but I like it!

Joe Klampfer RHI
    www.myinspection.ca
    Pacific Home Inspections

Ted Menelly Guest

WARNING!

Ahhhh

Bloated hype and fluff for the website. I am sure that out of the thousands of home inspectors out there in Texas land there might be a couple that are operating illegally Maybe a slight fraction of a slight fraction of a slight fraction of one percent.

Oh yeahhhhhhhhh. Hype and fluff. I just love it

A.D. Miller Guest

Hype and fluff. I just love it
    TM: I never doubted it, not for one moment.

Talking Re: Another new guy from S. Texas

Richard: Someone, and I won't mention any names in order to protect the guilty, pointed out to me that you may or may not be a home inspector in South Texas. The problem lies in the fact that the TREC seems to think that your license is expired.

Now, either you know this and you are yanking our chains, or you do not know this and are practicing without a valid license. Either way, you appear to be in deep $hit.

What is the real story?

Please check the Licensee detail page again.. I think there was something wrong. I called enforcement division and they made an error.. For all the haters.. Always ask before jumping to conclusions.... So I expect apologies from you guys..

Ron Bibler Guest

Hi Richard... You are very welcome to this board. but be advised some of these guys are a bit rough around the edges Just don't pay any attention. some of the best inspectors in the country hang on this board. we all work to help each other.

Put on you iron skin and hard hat...

Its play time...

Best

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    Hi Richard... You are very welcome to this board. but be advised some of these guys are a bit rough around the edges Just don't pay any attention. some of the best inspectors in the country hang on this board. we all work to help each other.

Put on you iron skin and hard hat...

Its play time...

Best

Ron
    Ron,
    Thanks so much for the nice words... They are gratefully appreciated..

Richard Flores
    Professional Inspector TREC # 8139
    www.premier-rgv.com

A.D. Miller Guest

Please check the Licensee detail page again.. I think there was something wrong. I called enforcement division and they made an error.. For all the haters.. Always ask before jumping to conclusions.... So I expect apologies from you guys..
    RF: Do you mean this?

Well, well, it does indeed appear that you have been officially resurrected. Welcome back, Richard. How was it on the other side?

Now, as for an apology, you will need to seek that from the TREC, assuming that it was their mistake . . .

RF: Do you mean this?

Well, well, it does indeed appear that you have been officially resurrected. Welcome back, Richard. How was it on the other side?

Now, as for an apology, you will need to seek that from the TREC, assuming that it was their mistake . . .
    They were kind enough to apologize after sending a nasty email at first.. They said that they had pulled the wrong file and deactivated me (considering that there is no one with my name as an agent or an inspector) .. It was a living hell for a while... But now to work. I have 3 already lined up... Will keep you posted.

Richard Flores
    Professional Inspector TREC # 8139
    www.premier-rgv.com

A.D. Miller Guest

They were kind enough to apologize after sending a nasty email at first.. They said that they had pulled the wrong file and deactivated me (considering that there is no one with my name as an agent or an inspector) .. It was a living hell for a while... But now to work. I have 3 already lined up... Will keep you posted.
    RF: They are indeed a rag-tag group of irritants, in my experience. You are fortunate that they did not have you arrested and keel-hauled for allowing them to fu*k up your records for you . . .

Ron Bibler Guest

RF: They are indeed a rag-tag group of irritants, in my experience. You are fortunate that they did not have you arrested and keel-hauled for allowing them to fu*k up your records for you . . .
    Bagdad Bob you have a way with words my Fri-end ...

Best

Ron