Default Was like that when we bought the home!

Its been that way for 14 yrs. (furnace flue) and has not caused us any problems.

Can you believe the things that these people actually say sometimes?

rick

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Rick Hurst; 09-10-2009 at 05:34 PM.
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Was like that when we bought the home!

From the same house the lady says, "The disposal always been noisy, I don't use it."

Duh!

rick

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Some lost their marbles ... but that's okay, they are so light-headed they do not even realize it.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ryan Stouffer Guest

Nice!!!!

A.D. Miller Guest

RH: The people were also like that when they bought the home - clueless.

Three of the suspected neurological effects of long term chronic low level CO exposure are memory loss, difficulty in concentrating and impaired judgment .

Last edited by Michael Thomas; 09-11-2009 at 06:43 AM.
    Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Thomas View Post
    One of the suspected neurological effects of long term chronic low level CO exposure is difficulty concentrating and impaired judgment .
    MT: CO poisoning is often mistaken for another similar malady - Conservative Outlook, otherwise known as Republicansim.

Don Burbach Guest

Wink Re: Was like that when we bought the home!

You've hit my pet peeve!

When about to do an inspection, especially a relocation inspection.... the homeowner says, "I doubt if you'll find anything, we got it inspected when we bought it a few years ago'. Of course there is no mention about whether they even read the report..."

Quote Originally Posted by Don Burbach View Post
    You've hit my pet peeve!

When about to do an inspection, especially a relocation inspection.... the homeowner says, "I doubt if you'll find anything, we got it inspected when we bought it a few years ago'. Of course there is no mention about whether they even read the report..."
    That comment is like putting a huge curse on the home. Actually I pull out my nit-picky hat and get after it. Let the fun begin.

rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    That comment is like putting a huge curse on the home. Actually I pull out my nit-picky hat and get after it. Let the fun begin.

rick
    I agree Rick. Comments like that always transform me to a higher level of alert and it's time to "go to town". To paraphrase realtors who preface the inspection on the phone about home being in "mint condition" or flyers in the home that claim the house is "Move in Ready!" always ignite me.

How about a proud seller who wants to tail you and explain how and why everything was done the way it was? If they do, I'll question them to gain more information and disclosure. This can get them up to fess up about past leaks, issues or repairs that were not disclosed on paper.

Ron Bibler Guest

I think words like that or your not going to find anything wrong with this house

Thats the house that get the Neglected property statement on the front page of the report...

When you get that statement ( your not going to find anything ) in your gut your inner man says no don't say that...

Best

Ron

Do you think it’s a generic trait that the average home inspector goes into over-drive when the seller, agent or Uncle Buck tells him/her that the home is in pristine condition and inspecting it is a waste of both time and money?

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

"There just can't be anything wrong with my electrical panel, BECAUSE MY (husband, brother, father, grandfather) IS AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER."

I like it when I'm told that the sellers are the original homeowners. Like that is telling me that every thing has been perfectly maintained.

What is really means is these folks have lived in this home for ages and not ever spent a dime on any upgrades or replacement of the original mechanical equipment. The green shag is the first clue.

rick

This is one from Friday and they actually said that it is a new water heater installed by a plumber friend of theirs.

Michael Carson
    Inspect It Right Home Inspections L.L.C.
    www.inspectitrighthomeinspection.com