Kevin Prellop Guest

Default On my way in central Texas...

Howdy all! I'm in the process of obtaining my pro license now. I'm positive this site will be an invaluable learning tool for me now and in the future. Looking forward to learning all I can from all here.

~kevin

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Scott Murdock Guest

Default Re: On my way in central Texas...

Welcome and good luck!

Tim Hill Guest

Good luck, Hook Em

Welcome to the Board.

Your going to be a Pro? Great, how long have you been inspecting?

rick

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Welcome to the Board.

Your going to be a Pro? Great, how long have you been inspecting?

rick
    RH: 15 minutes.

Kevin Prellop Guest

I'm said I'm getting my pro License....I won't be a pro for years to come. Is there something wrong with getting all the education necessary to obtain a pro license at once? I figured I'd get chastized on here for going the schooling route vs. paying my dues through years of apprenticeship. But I have a great (and well-respected) sponsor who will take me under his wing and show me the ropes. I'm a smart guy, just making a career change....

A.D., you really know how to make a guy feel welcome.

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Prellop View Post
    I'm said I'm getting my pro License....I won't be a pro for years to come. Is there something wrong with getting all the education necessary to obtain a pro license at once? I figured I'd get chastized on here for going the schooling route vs. paying my dues through years of apprenticeship. But I have a great (and well-respected) sponsor who will take me under his wing and show me the ropes. I'm a smart guy, just making a career change....

A.D., you really know how to make a guy feel welcome.
    KP: I was only being brutally honest. Besides, if you really have what it takes to be successful in this profession, no amount of dissuasion on my part will have an effect.

Call me on 9/14/12, if you persist that long, and let me know how it is working out for you.

Kevin Prellop Guest

A.D.,

I totally understand your frustration with this apparent "license in a box" method TREC has...and I respect that. In no way do I think that by reading the required books and taking the tests, I will be a competent and successful inspector. I know I will need to prove myself in the field for years. I'm sure there are many incompetent inspectors out there that just "bought" their license...but that's not true with everyone. I need this education before I can get out there and do my REAL learning. I'm in no way going out on my own once my license is approved...I will be learning from the best (and hopefully from everyone on this site). Everyone has to start somewhere, and I'm excited about starting a career that interests me and that I will love. I'll call you in three years!

Richard Emerson Guest

Who is your sponsor?

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Prellop View Post
    A.D.,

I totally understand your frustration with this apparent "license in a box" method TREC has...and I respect that. In no way do I think that by reading the required books and taking the tests, I will be a competent and successful inspector. I know I will need to prove myself in the field for years. I'm sure there are many incompetent inspectors out there that just "bought" their license...but that's not true with everyone. I need this education before I can get out there and do my REAL learning. I'm in no way going out on my own once my license is approved...I will be learning from the best (and hopefully from everyone on this site). Everyone has to start somewhere, and I'm excited about starting a career that interests me and that I will love. I'll call you in three years!
    KP: Don't take it to heart. As I said, I was being brutally honest with you. This is something you will need to learn to do, because as an HI you will be doing it every day that you work with clients. Well, that is of course assuming that you want to be a real inspector and not one of the kiss-ass generation of TREC robo-inspectors that seem to dominate this market.