Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default There may still be hope and change in the future

OREP Insurance
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Mitchell Toelle Guest

Default Re: There may still be hope and change in the future

This does give one hope, doesn't it?

A.D. Miller Guest

Just more flag-waving, drum-beating, BS conservative blather from someone who is young enough to know better.

However, I did like the little inadvertently added touch of the smoke blowing in the background. All conservatives should have that when they speak.

Michael Larson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    Just more flag-waving, drum-beating, BS conservative blather from someone who is young enough to know better.

However, I did like the little inadvertently added touch of the smoke blowing in the background. All conservatives should have that when they speak.
    I'm glad to see it bother you that an eleven year old has more sense than some old inspector and can articulate her argument at 11 when you can't at ??

Maybe you can grow but at your age the brain cells may not accept change.

How come Americans pronounce Iraq as eye-raq, when it should be pronounced Ir-aq?

Mitchell Toelle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    How come Americans pronounce Iraq as eye-raq, when it should be pronounced Ir-aq?
    Actually Raymond, it's eee-rock. Can you try that? Still, most don't get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Toelle View Post
    Actually Raymond, it's eee-rock. Can you try that? Still, most don't get it right.

Neither is correct.

From various internet search sources:

George W. Bush, as we know, says "Rack." I was just thinking that people used to pronounce it differently before he became President. Sure enough, Bill Clinton said "Rock." Linguist Geoff Nunberg avers that "Rock" is slightly closer to the correct pronunciation (he says it's rawq).
    There are at least four common ways English speakers say the word “Iraq,” including “Ee-RACK,” “Ih-ROCK,” “Eye-ROCK,” and “Uh-RACK.” Which is correct? Technically, none. The Q at the end of the word is, in Arabic, a back-of-the-throat sound that doesn’t exist in English. Linguists call it a “voiceless plosive” (don’t worry, there won’t be a quiz on this later). The R is a little rougher as well, so a native Arabic-speaker would say something like “Ihhhr-RAHCH.” It doesn’t roll easily off an American tongue. The closest we can come is probably “Ih-ROCK.” But is that officially correct? “There isn’t any reason why there should be one single standard way of pronouncing it, because it isn’t obvious from the spelling whether there’s one way,” says Bruce Paulson, a sensible professor of linguistics at the University of Minnesota. And while there’s a strong argument for staying faithful to the original Arabic, there’s also a natural American tendency to alter foreign words to sound less, well, foreign.
    Anyway, however hard Americans try to approximate the pronunciations of Arabic names, what comes out of our mouths is going to be pretty remote from the real thing to Arab ears. If you were really going to get the name of the country right, you'd say something like "EE-rawq," with that gutteral 'q' that doesn't have any English equivalent. And you'd start it with an "ayn," an h-like sound that's pronounced even farther back in the throat. I've had two Arabic linguists try to give me tutelage in that sound, but I'm not to the point of being able to reproduce it on the radio.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ron Bibler Guest

Thats one smart little kid... I like to see little ones like that.

( Out of the mouths of babes ) Funny how GOD will use a little one to confound the so called wise among us...

Best

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    Thats one smart little kid... I like to see little ones like that.

( Out of the mouths of babes ) Funny how GOD will use a little one to confound the so called wise among us...

Best

Ron
    Sure seem a lot smarter than those who say god had any thing to do with it.

If god had any thing to do with smart people and dumb people, and if god were as some believe, there would be NO DUMB PEOPLE, but there are, which is proof that god is not all good, and therefore the god which some believe in does not exist as they believe THEIR god to exist.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Larson View Post
    I'm glad to see it bother you that an eleven year old has more sense than some old inspector and can articulate her argument at 11 when you can't at ??

Maybe you can grow but at your age the brain cells may not accept change.
    ML: "Ar-tic-u-late", huh? Congratulations for working your way up to four-syllable grunts. Keep at it. Who knows, someday you may be able to speak one whole sentence based upon cohesive thought.

Nah.

Michael Larson Guest

ML: "Ar-tic-u-late", huh? Congratulations for working your way up to four-syllable grunts. Keep at it. Who knows, someday you may be able to speak one whole sentence based upon cohesive thought.

Nah.
    OK. How about we just call you out for what you are:

agent provocateur

A.D. Miller Guest

OK. How about we just call you out for what you are:

agent provocateur
    ML: Moi?

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Sure seem a lot smarter than those who say god had any thing to do with it.

If god had any thing to do with smart people and dumb people, and if god were as some believe, there would be NO DUMB PEOPLE, but there are, which is proof that god is not all good, and therefore the god which some believe in does not exist as they believe THEIR god to exist.

Jerry I did not say that GOD made her smart or others dumb.

My words were (Thats one smart little kid)

Then I stated that: ( Out of the mouths of babes ) Funny how GOD will use a little one to confound the so called wise among us...

And you step in it... yuuuuk

How ever he did say ( I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion )

I other words some are created for destruction and other he will have mercy on and bless them.

Best

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    Jerry I did not say that GOD made her smart or others dumb.
    No, you just tried to imply that god made her smarter than some others, and I am simply pointing out that god had nothing to do with anything, and that IF YOU THINK HE DID, ... THEN WHY make some dumb if your god is so good?

Do you not even get the opposing ends of the same argument that your god is in some way good, without accepting the same reasoning that in the same sense your god is NOT really that good at all.

YOU are that one who brought YOUR god into this tread, all I did was point out the fallacy in believing in something supposedly good which does just as many bad things.

Your later part of your response ... were you implying that somehow those who are born dumb did something wrong and deserved being born dumb like that?

I hear your gears turning in mud trying to figure out how to respond that your god is good, for doing bad things, to good people, who have not done anything bad to anyone ...

YOU did start this with your mention of you god, so don't look to me to stop it, you need to be the one to stop it ... just like you started it.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Michael Larson Guest

Jerry's would have his god create all with equal abilities.

Sounds terribly boring and is in fact idolatry because he has made a god in an image as sees fit.

I hope God touches him before it is too late.

Sounds terribly boring and is in fact idolatry because he has made a god in an image as sees fit.
    So ... boring is good?

I hope to be so boring one day.

Michael,

After all these times you still do not comprehend what you read, do you? Or is it that you simply do not read?

You have no idea how I believe, or what I believe in, other than that I believe that if 10% of the earth's population believes the other 90% of the population of the earth are none believers and need to be converted ... that there is a 100% chance that that 10% of the earth's population is wrong and that the other 90% are correct.

Of course, though, we now have 10% saying this is right, another 10% saying this is the only way, 5% saying all who do not believe as they do will die, 20% saying that their way is the only way, and ... you get the idea ... either they are all: 1) ALL RIGHT; 2) ALL WRONG.

I'm thinking that they are ALL ...

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ron Bibler Guest

So ... boring is good?

I hope to be so boring one day.

Michael,

After all these times you still do not comprehend what you read, do you? Or is it that you simply do not read?

You have no idea how I believe, or what I believe in, other than that I believe that if 10% of the earth's population believes the other 90% of the population of the earth are none believers and need to be converted ... that there is a 100% chance that that 10% of the earth's population is wrong and that the other 90% are correct.

Of course, though, we now have 10% saying this is right, another 10% saying this is the only way, 5% saying all who do not believe as they do will die, 20% saying that their way is the only way, and ... you get the idea ... either they are all: 1) ALL RIGHT; 2) ALL WRONG.

I'm thinking that they are ALL ...

Jerry what you have gone and done is to make your self a god...

and then you judge GOD. As you have stated that GOD is not good.

But at the same time you forget what condition you are in.

1.have you ever told a lie ? if yes that makes you a lair

2.have you ever stolen anything ? if yes that makes you? thief

3.have you ever looked at someone with a lust full though ?
    if yes that makes you a adulterer in your heart.

4.have you ever used “GOD” or “Jesus Christ” as a curse word ?
    if yes that makes you a blasphemer.

So if one answers any of these yes then this is what one is.

a lair, a thief, an adulterer in the heart and a blasphemer.

Then you as a man in this condition judge GOD ? How odd...

Best

Ron

Last edited by Ron Bibler; 09-15-2009 at 07:51 AM.

Michael Larson Guest

No ones logic will save them no matter how clever they may find it.

Good luck with your plan Jerry.

Only adults have god and in as many flavors as their imaginations can invent. Children have awe, that magical land of the unexplained that gets driven out of them by their fundamentalist parents and older peers. Reason doesn't have all the answers, never had and probably never will. If you want to worship something then how about questions and a profound appreciation for the beauty of what you can perceive but never explain. No supernatural claptrap required.

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Zabarylo View Post
    Only adults have god and in as many flavors as their imaginations can invent. Children have awe, that magical land of the unexplained that gets driven out of them by their fundamentalist parents and older peers. Reason doesn't have all the answers, never had and probably never will. If you want to worship something then how about questions and a profound appreciation for the beauty of what you can perceive but never explain. No supernatural claptrap required.
    SZ: Agreed, in spades.

I second Aaron's agreed, in spades too.

The same thing applies to racism: Racism is not passed on through genes, it is passed on by ignorant older people confusing and convincing innocent children of the older persons wrong doing is some how right.

The same also applies to bigotry, skin heads, white supremacists, anti-Semitism, and all the other evils done by so-called "zealots" for their so called god(s).

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Michael Larson Guest

Newsweek Declares White Babies to Be Racist

Moonbattery
    Thursday, Sept 9th, 2009
    If you’re Caucasian, don’t think you’re ever clean of the moonbat answer to original sin. According to Newsreek, even babies are racist.

At the Children’s Research Lab at the University of Texas — located in liberal Austin, the Berkeley of the Southwest — Birgitte Vittrup attempted to measure how effective propaganda is at instilling multiculturalist ideology in small children. She found that despite parents’ progressive intentions and the homogenous political correctness of everything they see on TV, children 5 to 7 years old tended to consider blacks but not whites to be “mean.”

A.D. Miller Guest

If you’re Caucasian, don’t think you’re ever clean of the moonbat answer to original sin. According to Newsreek, even babies are racist.
    ML: Yes, that is "Newsreek" (your spelling, not mine - ask Freud why you wrote it), yet another Centrist pseudo news outlet reporting on something that may or may not have been written in Austin: 26 square miles surrounded by reality.

My, but your sources are authoritative!

Even if it were true - and I do not for one second believe it to be - I am not quite Caucasian enough to believe it. So then, please keep your white-bread propaganda to yourself - cracker boy.

children 5 to 7 years old tended to consider blacks but not whites to be “mean.”

Gosh ... when my two girls were that age ... way back then ... I never observed that with them or any of their friends, and, in fact, it was THE WHITE KIDS who where "mean", at their parents urging. "I'm WHITE, therefore I am ENTITLED to what you have." - coming from their parents.

Then, years later, with my wife's two girls, the same exact thing happened. It was the WHITE kids whose WHITE parents taught them to be that way.

Now, years later, with our granddaughter, it seems to be THE SAME THING all over again.

Why is it that WHITE parents think they are entitled to more just because they are WHITE?

That is the same feeling WHITE supremacists say.

And you are defending it, which makes you ... a white supremacist?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Michael Larson Guest

Jerry, none of my post above was written by me. Don't tell Aaron

You fail to see the irony of the Newsweek article after you posted that racism is not genetic.

Life is short Jerry. Learn to laugh, especially at yourself.

A.D. Miller Guest

Jerry, none of my post above was written by me. Don't tell Aaron

You fail to see the irony of the Newsweek article after you posted that racism is not genetic.

Life is short Jerry. Learn to laugh, especially at yourself.
    ML: There are, I believe, certain maladies, some adversely affecting the mental capacities of those beleaguered by them, which are in fact of genetic origin. You sir, certainly have first hand experience with this.

Michael Larson Guest

ML: There are, I believe, certain maladies, some adversely affecting the mental capacities of those beleaguered by them, which are in fact of genetic origin. You sir, certainly have first hand experience with this.
    Don't you just hate it when your wrong?

Michael

Have you ever considered being a minister YOU certainly have a knack for preaching. And of course we know you don't have any racist animosities because you are holier than thou!

Be careful of what you ask for...

If you don't know GOD, don't make stupid
    remarks!

A United States Marine was attending some college
    courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and
    Afghanistan .

One of the courses had a professor who was an avowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in he looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, 'God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes.'

The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, 'Here I am God.. I'm still waiting.'

It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him,
    knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold.

The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked, stunned, and sat there looking on in silence.

The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine
    and asked, 'What the heck is the matter with you? Why did you do that?'

The Marine calmly replied, 'God was too busy today protecting American
    soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid stuff and act like an
    idiot.

So, He sent me.'

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Stakely View Post
    Be careful of what you ask for...

. . . . .and asked, 'What the heck is the matter with you? Why did you do that?'

The Marine calmly replied, 'God was too busy today protecting American
    soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid stuff and act like an
    idiot.

So, He sent me.'
    WTF? Another fine example of a stunned moron imagining himself to be the righteous agent of some imaginary friend in the sky. That's how we get planes landing in tall buildings and moronic (or demonic) heads of state sacrificing more than a million Iraqi and American lives over imaginary WMDs. You flogging that one off on your kids along with Santa and the easter bunny there Ralph?

Ouch!!!

Musta hit a nerve there...

Name calling??
    Moron??
    Is that all you can sink to.?. Oh, sorry, I see that you are already there. When y'all have nothing constructive to say, you resort to profanity and name calling. So sorry that you non-believers can't carry on a civil debate. If you think I'm mistaken, just check back through the posts (including other threads) and see who resorts to attempts to debase others' faith and beliefs. It's sad.. Makes me pity y'all. Really I do. I care about people and their welfare. I don't like to see anyone suffer.

If you will stop and REALLY think about it for a second, you will realize that all, yes all, are seeking something that is greater than ones self. That is why we have so many "religions" in the world. Everyone worships something, (money, rocks, trees, sun, moon, SELF, ..you name it, someone worships it) The difference is, mine is not a religion, it's a relationship with my God. You don't believe in my God, that's your perogative. Believe as you wish, I cannot and will not try to force anything down your throat. Yes, I know there are "religious zealots" who browbeat and try to scare others into submission. (That goes for both sides of the fence.)

Again, if you will check, and really read, all previous posts that I have made on this subject, you will see that I have NEVER tried to force anyone to believe in my God. I have stated my opinions of what I believe and why I believe what I do. It is not my "job" to convert anyone. I have no power to do so. My "job" so to speak, is to deliver the message. What happens after that is up to you and the Holy Spirit.

You have every right in the world to be wrong. You say,"What if you( I ) am wrong?" (I'm not) But nothing lost.
    I say, "What if you are wrong? What then?" Eternity lost.

Think about it.

The eternal results is what counts. Where will you spend eternity? That is the question. You say there is "no eternity" nothing after this death?? We are born, live a short life, die, and thats it??? What is the meaning of life? Why are we here? To torment each other or to love and help each other?? OK. We shall see.

Yes my Friend "in the sky" is watching over me (and you).
    Yes, The Easter bunny, Santa Claus, and The Green Hornet are all real. Just ask any 2 year old kid.

You have a great life here on this little world.

The best to you and yours.

Ralph

Geeeez guys Do you think there is any hope that this topic will change, I really hope this site does not turn to all wacko stuff all the time, like the other open to the public HI site.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

[quote=Ralph Stakely;101323]Ouch!!!

Musta hit a nerve there...

Name calling??
    Moron??
    Is that all you can sink to.?. Oh, sorry, I see that you are already there. When y'all have nothing constructive to say, you resort to profanity and name calling. So sorry that you non-believers can't carry on a civil debate.

RS My comments were not aimed at you or what you believe, that's none of my business. I was referring to the actions of the "hero" depicted in your "story". By any standard an assault was committed that should result in a criminal charge. No one has the right to commit an act considered criminal by the laws of the land because they feel their system of belief condones it. Other belief systems condone genital mutilation and honour killing and I'm sure they have fine stories about that too.

Kids generally seem to manage getting past their tooth fairy years but not enough are encouraged to develop the critical thinking skills to help them see the lie in the "that's the way it is stories" until they run afoul of the law. Pointing out the absurdity of your story is at least as constructive as your telling it. I do accept that the profanity and name tossing were not warranted and in fact detracted from the argument.

This is supposed to be a technical forum so I will stop my rebuttals if you will leave your statements of faith for some other venue. It is kinda fun though after spending 3 hours this evening in a class room having building code "preached" to us.

A.D. Miller Guest

Isn't Ralph the guy you talk to when you've had one too many bottles of Boone's Farm?

Seriously Ralph boy, you are truly damaged goods, like 80% of the population here. That is why we have lost our place in the list of nations that matter. Your "God" does not seem to have been able to stop it either. Omnipotent, huh? Maybe there is some cosmic pharmacy dispensing Viagra for limp saviors. I'll ask around while you read this:

Answers to the Pop Quiz of Franklynch.org

Smile Re: There may still be hope and change in the future

Steve Z.

Good thoughtful reply.
    This IS the "non-technical" section of the forum. Says so right above this section. Seems all topics are acceptable, except for Christians or other religious opinions. Profanity, bad jokes, objectionable pictures/cartoons, political bashing, (both sides) demeaning name calling, etc. are just fine. (Just don't profess to be a Christian. As you can see by Mr. Miller's post.)

Yes, striking the professor was an act of assault. I, too, do not condone physical abuse of any sort. But, that was not the point being made. BTW, I did not write the "story." I doubt if it is even true. Just a point to indicate that God works in many ways. So be careful what you ask for.

I appreciate you "allowing" me to believe as I will. The keyword here is "will." And I respect your right to believe as you will. I have no animosity toward anyone. I just want all to be happy here for their short time on Earth and happiness and joy after leaving here.

So, as I stated before, have a good life and the best to you.

BTW. My "membership" date should read Mar 2001.. Seems Brian "re-enlisted" us when he change his format a couple years ago.

I used to be a regular poster until I was told to take my "moronic, religious nutcase, weak willed, kool-aid drinking, stupidas., damaged goods, etc, self to another forum that gives a sh.t. And you ,along with a few others, said it yourself, "This is no place for religion." WHY??

Ralph

Ralph

Don't leave, and I liked the story you posted. AD's tongue is to big for his cavern, it sometimes slips out and he trips on it. It seems he likes piss on his cornflakes much of the time, he seems to have acquired a taste for it.

"Mr." (term used loosely) Miller,

You just had to make the sarcastic remark about my name didn't you. Good way to start off a post. Yes, I saw the "big grin." Makes no difference, still an insult. But, I consider the source.

So, I'm "damaged goods?" How so? Because I don't drink the kool-aid that you do? Because I believe in a God that loves and cares for people?
    Your own statement just proves my point. You said, "along with the 80% of the population here." So I guess your 20% non-believers are right and the 80% are wrong.. Hmmm, gives me pause to stop and consider that.

You also said, if God is omnipotent He could "stop" the problems going on in this country.
    Wellll, young man, God does not force His will upon anyone. As a whole, our nation has turned away from Him.. He has not turned His back on us.
    Yes, I read the "pop-quiz" and answers. You also noted (I hope) that the "downward" spiral started in the late 50's and early 60's. Guess what, Mr. Miller, this is just about the time that God got kicked out of our schools and any public arenas. He said, "I will honor your request and step back. I will leave you to your own way. When you want me back, I'll be here awaiting your call."

Again, you are free to make all the mistakes you want. That is your right that we still have (at the present.) Hopefully, we will still be able to openly state our opinions. But, if you (and a few others) had their way, Christians would not have that right.

I've seen and heard that Christians have no tolerance for others. Next time you say that, look in the mirror. If you had tolerance, you would not demean someone just because of their beliefs.. Practice what you preach, Brother.

So, now how many names can you call me this time?? I bet I've heard them all.

Rest easy... I know I do..

RES

edited for typo.. My bad

Last edited by Ralph Stakely; 09-16-2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: typo

Hey ADM, we need something to gush about as an aside when we answer technical questions. How about membership in Dave Lettermans Hung Jury Club. You know, jury a reference to the number 12 and their members have members of a dimension that relates to that number! Hang in there bud!

A.D. Miller Guest

Mr." (term used loosely) Miller,
    RS: I can imagine that any English term would be used loosely by you.

So, I'm "damaged goods?" How so?
    RS: Because you live in a dream world which dates back a few thousand years.

Because I believe in a God that loves and cares for people?
    RS: Show me your "god".

So I guess your 20% non-believers are right and the 80% are wrong..
    RS: Suck it up and live with it.

God does not force His will upon anyone.
    RS: You obviously have not read your own "good book" if you believe that load of crap.

As a whole, our nation has turned away from Him..
    RS: If that were indeed true, we would not be having this discussion.

Hopefully, we will still be able to openly state our opinions. But, if you (and a few others) had their way, Christians would not have that right.
    RS: While it is true that you do have a right do believe in any sort of inane idea that you can dredge up from your psyche, it does not give you the right to proselytize with impunity. Your right to practice your quaint religion ends where my ears start. Keep it to yourself. I do not want to hear about it. And keep it out of the government, where it does not belong.

I've seen and heard that Christians have no tolerance for others. Next time you say that, look in the mirror. If you had tolerance, you would not demean someone just because of their beliefs.. Practice what you preach, Brother.
    RS: You attribute someone else's ideas to me. I never said that Christians were intolerant, though I certainly believe that they are indeed not just intolerant, but also bigoted, ovine, anachronistic, irrational, obtuse, sanctimonious, self-righteous, hypocritical, and disingenuous . . . shall I go on?

Oh yes, let me add to that - dangerous. Just as dangerous as the morons with bombs strapped to their asses, maybe even more so. Both are stupid people living in another century acting out their obscene fantasies at the expense of rational, thinking men.

You may have the inalienable right, but I do not feel that you deserve to breathe the same air as I do. You have not earned that right. Take responsibility for your life, quit deferring your duties to a non-existent deity and you might someday gain the respect of folks like me. Until then you are just taking up much-needed space.

Aaron
    Why would anyone (Christian,Jew, Muslim, Atheist, or other) even care if they "...might someday gain the respect of folks like me.".
    You have made 2440+ post on this forum, and of that 2440, only a handful or so were to offer help to someone. The vast majority of your post are critical of others. Not critical in a corrective manner.

You resort to insult, name calling, and slander when trying to make a point. Such as, but not limited to:
    " but also bigoted, ovine, anachronistic, irrational, obtuse, sanctimonious, self-righteous, hypocritical, and disingenuous"
    The point is, you show no respect for anyone, why should anyone show respect to you, and why would anyone even care what you think? They don't. People only care what you think, when you care what they think.

"I do not feel that you deserve to breathe the same air as I do. You have not earned that right"
    What words of wisdom you come up with.

By the way, Self-righteous, is someone that believes they are righteous by their own thoughts and actions, without need of guidance or intervention from anyone, (God, Jesus, Mohammad, Bible, Koran, etc).

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

A.D. Miller Guest

Why would anyone (Christian,Jew, Muslim, Atheist, or other) even care if they "...might someday gain the respect of folks like me.".
    RC: They would not, and that is the problem with them. They (or their deities) already have all of the answers. So then, a discourse of any import is out of the question.

You have made 2440+ post on this forum, and of that 2440, only a handful or so were to offer help to someone. The vast majority of your post are critical of others. Not critical in a corrective manner.
    RC: That's your opinion. Categorize each one in an Excel spreadsheet; send it to me; I'll make that decision.

You resort to insult, name calling, and slander when trying to make a point. Such as, but not limited to:
    " but also bigoted, ovine, anachronistic, irrational, obtuse, sanctimonious, self-righteous, hypocritical, and disingenuous"
    RC: Telling the truth is a hard job, but someone has to do it.

The point is, you show no respect for anyone, why should anyone show respect to you, and why would anyone even care what you think? They don't. People only care what you think, when you care what they think.
    RC: Obviously it peaked your interest enough to reply. And your last statement is just pure BS. There are lots of folks on this earth who have things to say that interest me, not one of which would be excited about what I have to say about it.

"I do not feel that you deserve to breathe the same air as I do. You have not earned that right"
    RC: Until now I might have thought otherwise, but that applies to you as well.

What words of wisdom you come up with.
    RC: Agreed.

By the way, Self-righteous, is someone that believes they are righteous by their own thoughts and actions, without need of guidance or intervention from anyone, (God, Jesus, Mohammad, Bible, Koran, etc)
    RC: Actually, it means narrow-mindedly moralistic, and you appear to be just that.

Thumbs down Re: There may still be hope and change in the future

Miller.

You WILL meet my God soon enough.. Be EXTREMELY careful what you wish for..

You said I should, "Read your Bible"".. I have.. evidently you haven't. Try it sometime. Perhaps you can show me where God forced Himself on anyone..

Respect is earned, not demanded.. You have a long way to go to earn anyone's respect.. When you dig yourself a hole and can't get out.. wise people stop digging.

Yep, I've heard'em all.. You'll have to do better than that to "get my goat."

It would be funny, if you weren't so pitiful.

Take care of yourself.. Because even God will reach the point of "turning you over to your reprobate mind and allow you go your evil ways."

To Rick Cantrell,
    Couldn't have said it better myself. But I guess you know you have opened yourself up to Miller's rants and rages. Good luck.

RES

Last edited by Ralph Stakely; 09-17-2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: another typo.. sorry I ain't perfect like some people I know.

A.D. Miller Guest

You WILL meet my God soon enough.. Be EXTREMELY careful what you wish for..
    RS: Don't attempt to threaten me with your backwater religious mumbo-jumbo. That is really rich.

You said I should, "Read your Bible"".. I have.. evidently you haven't. Try it sometime. Perhaps you can show me where God forced Himself on anyone..
    RS: I read your "good book" hundreds of times as a child under threat of severe beatings. I memorized much of it under the same sort of arrangement. You can tell me nothing of your "good book" that I do not already know.

Respect is earned, not demanded.. You have a long way to go to earn anyone's respect.. When you dig yourself a hole and can't get out.. wise people stop digging.
    RS: The very last thing I desire in this life is to be respected by human refuse like you. I have not dug myself into anything, but if I had, I am perfectly capable of digging my way back out. Count on it.

Take care of yourself.. Because even God will reach the point of "turning you over to your reprobate mind and allow you go your evil ways."
    RS: Your "god" exists only in your squirming little mind. If you could only see fit to keep him bottled up in there the world would be a much better place in which to live.

Quote:

RC: Until now I might have thought otherwise, but that applies to you as well.

Sorry you feel that way.

And thank you for your reply

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Thumbs down Re: There may still be hope and change in the future

Ah Hah!!!! I see.. !! You have allowed an insight into why your thinking is so warped.

The truth has been revealed.

You are rebelling against everything that you have ever been taught. Just because you "feel" that you were forced to read the Bible by your "moronic, selfrighteous" adult authority figures, you are now rebelling against all or anything that "requires" you to use rational thinking to see the real world around you. Not to even mention the spiritual side of it. You are in the worst state of denial that I have seen in my entire 66 years on this tiny innnoculous speck of dust in the entire realm of things.

You are so self engrossed that you can't see the trees for the forest. Your mind is so distorted by your perceived injustices against you, that anyone with an opinion differing from your's is "human refuse," not deserving to even breathe the same air that you breathe.

No "attempted" threats were made against you. Just the truth, which you are so pitifully trying to deny.. IF you have "really read" the Bible as you say you have, then you know better.. "The truth shall set you free.""

You should seek profession help..

May God have mercy on your soul.

BTW.. You do not have to copy and post what I have said to reply. I know what I said and you are wasting Brian's bandwidth.

Aaron
    You said "that is the problem with them. They (or their deities) already have all of the answers. So then, a discourse of any import is out of the question."

An honest response, says a lot in a few words.
    I'm unable to put into words what I would like to say, so I'll just say; there are enough lessons in that to last a month of Sundays.

Ralph and Rick,

Take your god rantings and bible thumping, etc., elsewhere.

This IS NOT a "religious forum" ... and it if were, YOU WOULD LIKELY be in the minority, just like YOU ARE IN THE REAL WORLD.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

"Take your god rantings and bible thumping, "

Jerry, seems like we had this talk before.
    And just like then, SHOW ME.

"This IS NOT a "religious forum" "

Jerry you are right, this is not a religious forum.
    All should recognize that, and not post their beliefs and/or dis-beliefs.
    This is just not the proper place for that.

A.D. Miller Guest

The truth has been revealed.
    RS: You would not know the truth if it bit you in the ass.

Miller...

DIG< DIG,, getting deeper..

Peck.
    I wondered how long it would be before you jumped in and "TRIED" to censor this "non-technical" section of the board.. It is not YOUR place to tell others what , when, when, and how they can say anything...

Don't you get it?? You donot own, run , or control this site.

I believe his name is Brian..

If he tells me to take it somewhere else, I will expect any and all posts not directly relating to technical inspection issues to receive the same treatment..

RE

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    "Take your god rantings and bible thumping, "

Jerry, seems like we had this talk before.
    And just like then, SHOW ME.
    Rick,

You are correct, I read your posts and those of Aaron and Richard S. and mixed the comments of you and Richard S. together.

That had to have been due to MY NOT READING what I was reading (which is what I frequently tell other to make sure they do, and this time it's my foot in my mouth, and even mustard does not make it taste good).

"This IS NOT a "religious forum" "

Jerry you are right, this is not a religious forum.
    All should recognize that, and not post their beliefs and/or dis-beliefs.
    This is just not the proper place for that.
    That is what I am always pointing out when someone bring up their god and how great she is.

Everyone's religious beliefs are best kept off this forum.

There are some here who try to throw in references to their beliefs whenever they get a chance, which is not what this board is for, and Ron B. is one of the people who does that.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

STAKELY.

It never ceases to amaze me that some people, like you, are so insistent on making sure that everyone else thinks like them, and when other think differently, those people get mad.

No, that sure is a real christian thing to do and a real christian way to act and respond, isn't it?

To the contrary, it exposes your lack of faith because you want all others to be like you, making you therefore acceptable to them in some way.

*I* have the same right to point out your fallacies as *YOU* have to point out what you consider to be those of Aaron, except that *YOU* think it is okay for you do to so but not okay for anyone else to do so - including *ME*.

Yet another fine example of your lack of true christian values, principles, and actions.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Thumbs up Re: There may still be hope and change in the future

Peck,
    Mad??? Me??/ Nah.. Just frustrated because you NEVER answer a simple question..

I asked you< "Who owns and controls this site??" HUH who??
    You??? Nope.. !!

I?? ME?? Wants every one to believe as I do?? Don't think I'm always the one going off on tangents, calling names and telling them how stupid they are when they disagree with you..

How can someone that so loudly shouts atheism even know what and how a Christian should or should not act??

It's ok for you to "preach" the "religion of NO religion" but not ok for someone to even mention their beliefs... What a hypocrit!!!!

Yes, I know we have had this conversation before and I see that your heart is even harder than before..

Take a deep breath, Brother, eternity is a looong time..

Sorry, ole Buddy, but it's my Christian duty to spread the good News of the Gospel and hope that your hard heart is touched. And, you are not going to stop me. Not today, not tomorrow.

May God have mercy on your soul. (yes, you do have one, no matter how much you think otherwise.)

OK> Lower yourself a few more notches,,
    Call me all the names you wish. I count it as a blessing for doing my duty.. It's up to you to decide what you want to do with it..

Brian H.
    If you do not want "Religion" discussed on "YOUR" forum, you may delete this thread. If and when I return and this thread is deleted, I will "take the hint." I will continue to express my beliefs and convictions where every I find the venue. If I am banned from the board because of my beliefs, so be it..

Ralph Stakely
    Adopted son of God Brother of Jesus Christ.
    God's will be done.

I love you Jerry Peck..

Ted Menelly Guest

WTF? Another fine example of a stunned moron imagining himself to be the righteous agent of some imaginary friend in the sky. That's how we get planes landing in tall buildings and moronic (or demonic) heads of state sacrificing more than a million Iraqi and American lives over imaginary WMDs. You flogging that one off on your kids along with Santa and the easter bunny there Ralph?

Santa????????? Easter Bunny?????? What are you trying to say???

Don't even try to tell me there is no Santa nd Easter Bunny!

That was the funny stuff.

But for the real stuff.

" heads of state sacrificing more than a million Iraqi and American lives over imaginary WMDs"

Are we actually still talking about imaginary WMDs

The Iraqu war was inevitable. If it was not Bush it would hav been Obama or the next in line.

Back to the Easter Bunny. You cannot be serious. I love Santa and the Easter Bunny.

Can you really be so serious in life to try and dismiss these guys.

Oh I get it. Your fantasies must pertain to Football players being someone or something other than an overgrown boy playing hero chasing an odd shaped ball around or someone other than Brad pit jumping his wifes bones dreaming it was you.

Fantasies?

Nothing wrong with fantasies. Some folks just have different fantasies than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Stakely View Post
    Sorry, ole Buddy, but it's my Christian duty to spread the good News of the Gospel
    It is your christian duty to RESPECT all other human beings, even those who do not dress like you, look like you, or think like you - it is not your christian duty to irritate others by trying to convince they your imaginations are real.

That is what crazy people do.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Talking Re: There may still be hope and change in the future

Jerry ole Buddy,, You don't love me anymore???

Dang, I might just cry.

Wow!! Nice retort..
    So now I'm crazy. Ok. Might be the case.

Respect??
    I respect you enough to "irritate" you till the day you die, if it will keep you from going to Hell for eternity.. So live with it.. Or stop reading what I say. Your choice..

"Me thinks you protest too much." Am i getting to you?? Getting under your skin?? Making you think?? Evidently or you wouldn't be so adamant about trying to put me down.

I still have no answer..

WHO OWNS THIS BOARD??????

Love in Christ
    Ralphie Baby ( as you have called me previously)

Are we having fun yet??

I am..

A.D. Miller Guest

Are we having fun yet??

I am..
    Simple perverted pleasures for simple perverted minds.

Michael Larson Guest

It is your christian duty to RESPECT all other human beings, even those who do not dress like you, look like you, or think like you - it is not your christian duty to irritate others by trying to convince they your imaginations are real.

That is what crazy people do.
    No disrespect intended.

1 Corinthians 1:18-21

The Wisdom of God

18For the word of the cross is (A)foolishness to (B)those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is (C)the power of God. 19For it is written,
    "(D)I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE,
    AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE."
    20(E)Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of (F)this age? Has not God (G)made foolish the wisdom of (H)the world?
    21For since in the wisdom of God (I)the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, (J)God was well-pleased through the (K)foolishness of the message preached to (L)save those who believe.

David Nice Guest

1 Corinthians 6:2
    Or (A)do you not know that (B)the saints will judge (C)the world? If the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts?

MATTHEW 7:1-5:
    "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull the mote out of thine eye; and behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Oh ye who think thee is of faith, yet cast hypocritical judgment upon others those who dare to think differently and question thy faith, thy shalt cast thy wrath down upon thyself.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Michael Larson Guest

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull the mote out of thine eye; and behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Oh ye who think thee is of faith, yet cast hypocritical judgment upon others those who dare to think differently and question thy faith, thy shalt cast thy wrath down upon thyself.
    Very good Jerry.

Now as it is with any thing else you read, do you understand the context?

Who is speaking?
    Who is being spoken to?
    What is the occasion?
    What is the meaning of the speaker?
    What is the underlying principle?
    What is the application as applied to yourself?

Michael,

I do understand it, AND IT APPLIES TO EVERYONE ... including you, Ron, Ralph, and others.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ron Bibler Guest

OK Jerry this is the fun part. That Verse gets a lot of use.

So let me pose it this way...

Who made you god to say the we can't not Judge someone or thing ? L.O.L.

Or imply of judge that my Judgment is hypocritical ?

Best

Ron

Ron,

Apparently you did not read what that says.

Try reading it again, then look in the mirror - your questions should all be answered there.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Andrew Christel Guest

Very inspirational, And how ever you pronounce Iraq! here it is just another four letter word.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast