Default Anyone know the age and Ton for A/C unit

Does anyone know the Ton and age of this unit by these #s Model#RH10B60A Serial #8400E22441 brand is American Aire Concorde. I think its 1984 3.5 Ton. What do you think. Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Anyone know the age and Ton for A/C unit

Quote Originally Posted by fritzkelly View Post
    I would guess 5 ton and either 1984 or 2000. Where did you get 3.5 ton?
    Lookig at the 44.. like the 5 ton better

My best guesses:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Morris View Post
    Model#RH10B60A
    5 ton

Serial #8400E22441
    5/2000 unless it looks 25 years old, then 1/1984

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

I don't have to guess.

That's a five-ton (60,000 btu = 12,000 btu/ton but - we always round down not up) 10 SEER R-22 single-stage Split Heat Pump, Manufactured in May 2000. Those units were sold with a five year limited warranty.

I believe you're incomplete on the model number, and you'd need to add a 1 (one) at the end for SN 8400E22441 making that model number RH10B60A-1 (was revision A1). That unit was distributed via CC Dickson in Johnson City (Tel: 423-928-0021), you'd have to check with CC Dickson to see which HVAC company they sold it to, and follow the trail as to the date of installation.

The brand name is Concord (not Concorde) Air (not Aire), Division of Allied Air Enterprises, Inc. (owned by Lennox since about 1989 IIRC). There should be an Indoor Air Handler (with indoor coil, blower, etc.) you should get the info on it as well, as if it was a matched Concord unit it should have its own Model & Serial Numbers (but could be another brand, etc.) - You'd also have to check to see if there are heat strips, as they are installed in the field.

Your client can request the manuals to receive via email by filling out the contact form at Concord Air Products

Hope that helps you in a timely-enough manner for your needs.

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 09-16-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    My best guesses:

5 ton

5/2000 unless it looks 25 years old, then 1/1984
    Quote Originally Posted by H.G. Watson, Sr. View Post
    I don't have to guess.

That's a five-ton (60,000 btu = 12,000 btu/ton but - we always round down not up) 10 SEER R-22 single-stage Split Heat Pump, Manufactured in May 2000. Those units were sold with a five year limited warranty.

I believe you're incomplete on the model number, and you'd need to add a 1 (one) at the end for SN 8400E22441 making that model number RH10B60A-1 (was revision A1). That unit was distributed via CC Dickson in Johnson City (Tel: 423-928-0021), you'd have to check with CC Dickson to see which HVAC company they sold it to, and follow the trail as to the date of installation.

The brand name is Concord (not Concorde) Air (not Aire), Division of Allied Air Enterprises, Inc. (owned by Lennox since about 1989 IIRC). There should be an Indoor Air Handler (with indoor coil, blower, etc.) you should get the info on it as well, as if it was a matched Concord unit it should have its own Model & Serial Numbers (but could be another brand, etc.) - You'd also have to check to see if there are heat strips, as they are installed in the field.

Your client can request the manuals to receive via email by filling out the contact form at Concord Air Products

Update: Soon after having been caught with his pants down JP starts up with the attacks on other post strings. Typical and Sad.

Sam Morris: I sure hope you picked up on the difference between a Split Heat Pump and an "A/C Unit".

I don't have to guess.

Hi HG,

I'm curious as to how you came up with the information as to who was the distributor of the equipment.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

imported_John Smith Guest

I too agree its a 5 ton. I also think it was made on the 2nd shift, on a Tuesday, under a quarter moon. The paint on the cabinet was manufactured by Glidden at a plant in Kokomo Indiana. The color is 3525, light gray. The aluminum for the coil was mined from King of Prussia Pennsylvania using a Cat D5 bulldozer which was manufactured on November 4th, 1974.

Seriously, Im impressed with how much people on this list know.

As far as guessing tonage on AC systems. I dont get too hung up on it. Not part of my states SOPs.

Update: Soon after having been caught with his pants down JP starts up with the attacks on other post strings. Typical and Sad.
    Not caught with any pants down, and even when you spend SO MUCH OF YOUR EFFORT TRYING TO PULL my pants down, you fail.

And when you fail YOU SIMPLY GO BACK TO YOUR USUAL WAYS and try to first derate someone else in your effort to raise your own image.

And when you get called on the same way you called on someone else, YOU CRY WOLF AND GET ALL TEARY EYED OF 'why did he do that to little old me' ... GROW UP man.

Get off your high horse and start participating like a man, not like some spoiled child who is used to getting is way, then come here and does not get it way, then spends 95% PLUS of their effort and posts on trying to berate others, providing little useful information to the board as a whole.

Watson, here is a tissue, now go back to your mommy and cry on her shoulder, she will tell you what a big boy you are and that someday you will grow up and become a somebody ... until you do grow-up, you are still just that crying, spoiled little child ... and acting precisely as one would expect a spoiled little child to act.

GET GRIP. GROW UP. ACT LIKE A MAN.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com