Default F H A Certification

Can anyone tell me where to go to get fha certification.Thank you, Andy

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: F H A Certification

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Christel View Post
    What is it that you want?

Do you want to be listed on the HUD/FHA Roster as a fee paid inspector? This allows you to inspect new construction so that the builder can sell his homes under an FHA program and a few other things. It does not allow you to inspect and approve manufactured homes for an FHA loan.

Do you want to be a 203K inspector?

FHA does not certify anyone! If you meet their qualifications, you become an approved inspector for them.

This is the HUD site that pretty much has everything that you will need. At the bottom under "Forms" you will see the application that you need to complete. HUD FHA Inspectors & 203(k) Consultants

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Andrew Christel Guest

Thank you Scott. I was informed by some real estate agents that i need. F H A, inspection certifications. I have not heard of such certification.I will research the information that you sent.Again thank you .ANDY

Thank you Scott. I was informed by some real estate agents that i need. F H A, inspection certifications. I have not heard of such certification.I will research the information that you sent.Again thank you .ANDY
    That explains it! The agents do not have a clue!

If it was me, I would be looking at the license requirements that you will need to meet next year for a home inspector license in FL. I think that law goes into effect in July 2010.

Get your education and pass the NHIE and you will be ahead of the pack.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Andrew Christel Guest

I just recently heard of that license requirement for Florida i will definetly take advantage that now thanks.

Darrel Hood Guest

I also am confused about FHA "certification". I am being told by lenders and RE agents that many buyers are now using FHA lending for purchases because of lower down payments and lower credit score requirements. Do I need any kind of certification other than my state license to perform these inspections? Do I need to use specific forms for reporting in addition to the state mandated (TREC) report? If I need a certification, how do I proceed to get it? There are several online schools advertising FHA/HUD certification training, but without knowing the terminology, there is a risk of buying a useless course.

Thanks for any help,

Darrel Hood
    DILIGENT PROPERTY SERVICES

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel Hood View Post
    I also am confused about FHA "certification". I am being told by lenders and RE agents that many buyers are now using FHA lending for purchases because of lower down payments and lower credit score requirements. Do I need any kind of certification other than my state license to perform these inspections? Do I need to use specific forms for reporting in addition to the state mandated (TREC) report? If I need a certification, how do I proceed to get it? There are several online schools advertising FHA/HUD certification training, but without knowing the terminology, there is a risk of buying a useless course.

Thanks for any help,

Darrel Hood
    DILIGENT PROPERTY SERVICES
    These inspections are performed by the FHA Appraiser during the appraisal of the home. They are not done by the general home inspector unless the home inspector is also a licensed appraiser.

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Andrew Christel Guest

Darrel.
    I requested information from HUD in Washington 3 weeks ago and I have not recieved any responce as of this time.As soon as I do I will review and pass it along.

Nolan Kienitz Guest

DH -

I've attached the FHA/HUD application for an FHA Fee Inspector or a HUD 203-K Consultant.

You need to spend time at the FHA/HUD site and review all their information. I can assure you it is not a friendly site to try and find what you are looking for.

As for FHA Inspections ... I do them quite often (I'm an FHA Fee Inspector as well as a 203-K Consultant). The FHA "final inspections" involve the CIR (Compliance In$pection Report). FHA typically require this document for any number of options anywhere from new home construction to renovations, etc., etc..

You do have to be an FHA Fee Inspector to sign the form ... or as noted an FHA Appraiser. Usually the CIR is put in the realm of the FHA Fee Inspector.

What is required for the CIR has absolutely no bearing on the traditional inspection that we provide as a TREC licensed inspector.

As for the schools spinning their classes I would be cautious. I simply did my research and filled out the forms as required and filed all the documents requested and was put on both the roster list and consultants list.

I'm aware of other HIs who have done similar this past year.

A lot of schools are pushing the HI training business big time now as the 'future career' for many folks who are out of work or about to be out of work. As you are likely aware the HI biz is tough to get started in and even more so in the currently economic times. Watching the HI schools suggest making tons of $$ and so on and so on are so frustrating.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Nolan Kienitz; 01-18-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    What is it that you want?

Do you want to be listed on the HUD/FHA Roster as a fee paid inspector? This allows you to inspect new construction so that the builder can sell his homes under an FHA program and a few other things. It does not allow you to inspect and approve manufactured homes for an FHA loan.

Do you want to be a 203K inspector?

FHA does not certify anyone! If you meet their qualifications, you become an approved inspector for them.

This is the HUD site that pretty much has everything that you will need. At the bottom under "Forms" you will see the application that you need to complete. HUD FHA Inspectors & 203(k) Consultants
    Scott has the FHA/HUD link to go to in his post. It is just that easy. I got on the list recently and have been contacted twice so far this month to do these inspections. Very simple form. Banks/mortgage companies go to the list to find you. Many more of these inspections are going to be needed as people buy foreclosures and get FHA/HUD renovation loans. Easy money.

www.dapkusinspections.com
    www.chicagoinfraredthermalimaging.com
    Infraspection Institute Certified Level III Thermographer # 8510

Scott provided the link for you. It's a pretty simple process.
    Mainly, you will need to provide a form 92051 and two pix of the property in question. I've done hundreds of these for various lenders.
    Short inspection, about 15-20 minutes plus the time to fill out the form, attach two pix and the invoice. I have the forms for my regular clients pre-filled in with their info, my signature and Inspector number on an active PDF that I can fill in the details on as needed. I've done as many as 6-7 in one day all at the same building. (Condos)
    Good "fill-in" money when it's slow.
    Dana

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Mitchell Toelle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Bostick View Post
    Scott provided the link for you. It's a pretty simple process.
    Mainly, you will need to provide a form 92051 and two pix of the property in question. I've done hundreds of these for various lenders.
    Short inspection, about 15-20 minutes plus the time to fill out the form, attach two pix and the invoice. I have the forms for my regular clients pre-filled in with their info, my signature and Inspector number on an active PDF that I can fill in the details on as needed. I've done as many as 6-7 in one day all at the same building. (Condos)
    Good "fill-in" money when it's slow.
    Dana
    Dana,

What would a typical fee for these inspections be...short or long.

Hi Mitch,
    It depends on the distance, if it is a "one-shot" deal and if it is new construction. For my regular customers like KB Homes, Surety Financial and Wells Fargo, it's $150 a pop. For a single, new construction I charge $225. If it is being lived in already, I may, and have charged more due to access issues.

The only downside is you end up with receivables. They usually want to pay out of escrow. I usually have to beat on KB now and then to get them to cough it up. LOL I threatened to cut them off and magically, a check appears! I actually made an agent come to the property with a check one time. They weren't happy but they didn't stall me anymore for a long time.
    Dana

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504