View Poll Results: Will you be attending the Inspection Stimulus Conference?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Been looking forward to it.

2 9.52%
  • I wish I could but the timing is wrong

4 19.05%
  • I wish I could but can't afford the price

3 14.29%
  • I wish I could but can't afford the time away from the business

5 23.81%
  • No, I don't attend any educational conferences

1 4.76%
  • Conference? What conference? This is the first I've heard of it

2 9.52%
  • No, I attend other educational events.

4 19.05%

Thumbs up Will you be at the Home Inspection Stimulus Conference? Come by and see me!

Hey, I'm packing up for the Inspection Stimulus Conference and was just wondering how many of you will be there.

If you are there PLEASE come up to my booth and say "Hi" (I will probably have the Cost Of Business banner up as that is the topic I will be talking about).

The poll above is anonymous so please participate. It will be interesting to see everyones thoughts on education conferences.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1
    View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Default Re: Will you be at the Home Inspection Stimulus Conference? Come by and see me!

Bad timing for this one.... Kids, work, kids, work, honey-do list...... blah, blah, blah. I'll definitely make it to one in the near future. Keep em coming.... it would be great to meet some other members and put some faces to the names.

Default Re: Will you be at the Home Inspection Stimulus Conference? Come by and see me!

No, I'm afraid if I leave Texas they might not let me back in.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

I found it incredulous that someone marked "No, I don't attend any educational conferences".

'What, me want to learn anything new? Nope, not me.' That is what they were saying.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I found it incredulous that someone marked "No, I don't attend any educational conferences".
    Jerry,

That was me. There wasn't a choice for ''I no longer attend blah, blah, blah." Call me jaded, I have not had much luck learning anything in the so called "educational conferences" that I have addended.

'What, me want to learn anything new? Nope, not me.' That is what they were saying
    Nobody that knows me could accuse me of the above.
    I tend to learn things in different ways than most......

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Whitmore View Post
    That was me. There wasn't a choice for ''I no longer attend blah, blah, blah." Call me jaded, I have not had much luck learning anything in the so called "educational conferences" that I have addended.
    Brandon,

There was this choice: "No, I attend other educational events."

I have attended some educational conferences which were, well, lacking in the educational part, however, EVEN THEN I learned something from somebody.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Brandon,

That would have been an untrue statement if I checked the one above. It's written in present tense.

The answers we had to choose from kind remind me of the gov. tests I have taken over the years; the correct answer isn't always there.

Thinking back on it, I should have just not answered the poll question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Whitmore View Post
    That would have been an untrue statement if I checked the one above. It's written in present tense.
    I'm not so sure that is in the present tense (of course, I am not an English Major either). To me, present tense would be "I AM attending ... " as even "I WILL BE attending ... " is not present tense, but future tense, and "I HAVE attended ... " is past tense, so ...

... I am now thoroughly confused, but "I attend ... " made sense to me as I DO attend education seminars, just not that one, and just not one this weekend, and not one last weekend, and not one ... BUT ... *I* *DO* *ATTEND* them.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com