Cynthia Najera Guest

Default California Exterior Water Heater Code

Is a drain pan required for new constructed condominium when the water heater is located outside in a self-contained closet, on a base, on patio of a second story unit? (The upstair patios have floor drains installed)

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: California Exterior Water Heater Code

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Najera View Post
    Is a drain pan required for new constructed condominium when the water heater is located outside in a self-contained closet, on a base, on patio of a second story unit? (The upstair patios have floor drains installed)
    Seems to me that if hot water can get to the interior floor, damage a ceiling below or can scald someone, it should be controlled. If the floor is waterproofed and has a drain, then I would think it would be OK. However, a drain pan might still be required, even if redundant. Otherwise, I do not have a specific code reference for you. Is the floor at the interior of the closet waterproofed?

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Mitchell Toelle Guest

Default Re: California Exterior Water Heater Code

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Najera View Post
    Good question Gunnar. Cynthia??? This is something I would like to know for the future. Anyone??? Any pictures Cynthia?