Thread: OMG

Default OMG

EC Jerry.. G is for goodness

Talk about ethics.
    Quote/ confession [ below] from a home inspector on another board.
    I guess all those hundreds of non -verified quizzes he's required to take does not include one on ethics.
    This comes from a certified, and certified master inspector that claims to be religious, provides ride alongs, HI cont ed, to new inspectors, and claims he's been sued almost every year he's been in business.

[ QUOTE} Once, while crawling an attic, I found an 1862 Civil War Cavalry Sword. I left it there, and asked the buyer if I could do a Pre-closing walk throgh. Then, during the walk through I "found" the sword and asked if I could buy it (after the closing). He gave it to me.

Vintage sword (I collect swords), and assessed at $10,570.

Last edited by Dan Harris; 09-23-2009 at 10:43 PM.
    OREP Insurance
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Default Re: OMG

Dan

I saw that and could not believe it! And to boot former member of the year award. I wonder if he told the person who gave him the sword what it was valued at.

Again I would repeat that CMI is a fraud, at least up here in Canada where it was sold under false pretense. And two well known inspectors were given their CMI as a courtesy, no cost to them and no verification of anything. Even the others who bought theirs were sold with no police background checks completed ditto affidavits. One look at the make up of the CMI executive should be a dead give away as to the legitimacy of the designation.

Obviously there are many inspectors who are gullible and desperate for any type of designation to ply on the unsuspecting public.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Dan

I saw that and could not believe it! And to boot former member of the year award. I wonder if he told the person who gave him the sword what it was valued at.

Again I would repeat that CMI is a fraud, at least up here in Canada where it was sold under false pretense. And two well known inspectors were given their CMI as a courtesy, no cost to them and no verification of anything. Even the others who bought theirs were sold with no police background checks completed ditto affidavits. One look at the make up of the CMI executive should be a dead give away as to the legitimacy of the designation.

Obviously there are many inspectors who are gullible and desperate for any type of designation to ply on the unsuspecting public.
    I don't have a clue how someone could do this, live with themselves after doing it, not be worried about getting caught, then brag about doing it about on an open to the public site.
    This clowns motto is " Learn, Educate, Serve and have fun doing it! "

I'm not one to turn some one in to our state Lic. department. If I ever heard of that happening here, this type of criminal action would be an exception.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

That's why he has a PHD, Pile it Higher and Deeper! Guess he takes after his roll model Nacho Nick!

Wow!

I not only know this inspector well, but I've refered him business from two of my wife's subordinates at her workplace because I did not want to create even the impression of a conflict of interest or of her having pressured her subordinates to use me for their inspections (she would never do so).

Now THIS...

Geezz...

Last edited by Michael Thomas; 09-24-2009 at 12:53 PM.
    Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

[QUOTE=Guess he takes after his roll model Nacho Nick! [/QUOTE]

I understand there is an ex nacho/ az inspector that offered to, and bought that "junk car" in the back yard from the seller for $1000.00.
    Then he turned around and sold it for $8000.
    The sellers son is now suing the HI because, per the son the car was worth $10,000 plus.

Dang it all, where was I when nicko offered his members 101 other ways to make money in this profession if you can not do it honestly?

www.inspectaz.com

Pitiful, considering anyone filing a complaint with Nachi would be peeing into the wind given the well documented manner in which the ESOP is run and managed.

Even more pitiful is the fact that none of the Nachi members question anything. Recently Nacho Dip Nick posted that a Canadian Certified Engineering Technologist Association has accepted and endorsed Nacho educational courses. Well I know someone that checked that statement out and it turns out to be false, that association didn't know anything about it and hasn't officially evaluated, accepted or endorsed these courses outside an individual’s particular file!

These Nacho guys take stuff hook line and sinker and if Nacho Dip Nick says it, its gotta be true. NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    EC Jerry.. G is for goodness
    Dan,

Sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out how, or in what way, I relate to that post?

Because he supposedly professes to be a good christian?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Dan,

Sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out how, or in what way, I relate to that post?

Because he supposedly professes to be a good christian?
    It was a joke, I was just clarifing I wasn't using the word g-d.

Supposedly profoesses to be a good christian does validate your position on the other topic.

www.inspectaz.com

Disgraceful, the guy should be ashamed of himself but of course it sounds like he is quite proud of his find and doesn't see the problem. He must have got caught up in the moment from watching too many episodes of antiques roadshow.
    On rare occasions I've told clients if you buy the place and the seller leaves it, I'd be interested if you want to sell X. "Oh no, you can just have it, we don't want it, blah, blah. A couple of times I had to explain to clients that item X is not a piece of junk and probably worth some money so they should actually think about it.
    Having a zero tolerance position makes it real easy, you just don't do scummy things like that.
    If the guy is able to rationalize his ethics in that situation and jeopardize his rep, then you have to wonder about what else he will rationalize for profit.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Restoration Guest

Nice collection that you made of the sword.The experiences when one goes through inspecting a home can be exciting and even funny.