Default alpha track detectors

For those of you who use alpha track detectors for long term testing, where do you get your supply? Also, how long of a shelf life do they have before they need to be tossed?

BTW, I was hired to do a follow up test after mitigation equipment was installed. Out of curiosity I asked what type of device the previous inspector had used and where they had placed it. It was a CRM. It was placed directly on the concrete floor right next to the open sump pit. So much for knowing what you're doing huh?

Also, the person who installed the mitigation equipment left huge gaps where the pipes penatrated the sump lid.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: alpha track detectors

Quote Originally Posted by John Dirks Jr View Post
    For those of you who use alpha track detectors for long term testing, where do you get your supply? Also, how long of a shelf life do they have before they need to be tossed?

BTW, I was hired to do a follow up test after mitigation equipment was installed. Out of curiosity I asked what type of device the previous inspector had used and where they had placed it. It was a CRM. It was placed directly on the concrete floor right next to the open sump pit. So much for knowing what you're doing huh?

Also, the person who installed the mitigation equipment left huge gaps where the pipes penatrated the sump lid.
    This is who I use for my alpha track devices Radon Gas Detector | Radon Gas Test

Cost right at $25 per device and this includes a postage paid mailer and lab fee.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com