Charles H Guest

Default Doing inspections for the Fed Govt

Anyone have any information on what the fed govt pays for inspections for housing etc? Im in Texas so everything is under Southwest alliance. Anyone have any experience in this?

Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Doing inspections for the Fed Govt

Quote Originally Posted by Charles H View Post
    Anyone have any information on what the fed govt pays for inspections for housing etc? Im in Texas so everything is under Southwest alliance. Anyone have any experience in this?

Thanks in advance.
    I don't. But Southwest called me to do work for them....until they found out that I didn't have $1 MILLION in E&O coverage. I told them good luck, but I wasn't going to purchase that much insurance unless they could guarantee me a compensatory amount of work. I also told them that the Texas law says we only have to have $100,000 in E&O.

She never called back.

Bruce Thompson, Lic. #9199
    www.TylerHomeInspector.com
    Home Inspections in the Tyler and East Texas area

Default Re: Doing inspections for the Fed Govt

Southwest Alliance of Asset Managers has the contract for the HUD Property Preservation work. HUD sets guidelines on the maximum amount chargeable for their PP services. You can find a fee list for any state at REO Preservation & Protection Cost Schedules - HUD.

The pay is not going to be very good unless they can provide you many inspections for one day, close to the same area. Since you're in Houston take a look at the Inspection fee for Texas. The max fee they have for a property inspection is $35.00. Southwest Alliance is going to sub it out to you and also make part of that fee. How much do you think they will give you?

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!
    www.psinspection.com
    Texas License# 7593