Thread: PB?

Default PB?

is this poly , i looked everywhere and didnt see a pic of this kind

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: PB?

Yep the gray stuff looks like PB. Not sure about the white stuff. I think the gray flex connectors are supposed to be less of a problem, but I see some gray stuff inside the wall cavity.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

The off-white stuff with the yellow stripe is CPVC and is no problem. The gray looks like PB but looks to be mostly outside the wall (feeding a DW?). There is just a glimpse of what may be PB running in the wall but I can't tell from the picture.

william siegel Guest

Hard to tell from the picture. Check the water heater relief line. I usually always find it there if it is in the house.

tpr was cpvc. saw mostly cpvc and then one more spot ( bathroom sink)with this same grey piping with plastic white connections .ive never seen white threaded connections on PB so im wondering if it could be pex

Quote Originally Posted by biglebowski View Post
    tpr was cpvc. saw mostly cpvc and then one more spot ( bathroom sink)with this same grey piping with plastic white connections .ive never seen white threaded connections on PB so im wondering if it could be pex
    Not PEX, at least no PEX that I have seen. I don't see any CPVC. Looks like polybutylene, but the white plastic connections are alien to me as well.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

well either way i put in my report possible PB. recommend further evaluation by licensed plumber and see PBpipe.com. they had several leaks anyway so I put the plumber on it to see if he knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    Not PEX, at least no PEX that I have seen. I don't see any CPVC. Looks like polybutylene, but the white plastic connections are alien to me as well.

The pipe with the yellow stripe is CPVC, FlowGuard Gold.

The white fittings are Watts Quick Connects.

Dom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    The pipe with the yellow stripe is CPVC, FlowGuard Gold.

The white fittings are Watts Quick Connects.

Dom.
    I agree with the piping with yellow strip is cpvc but i don't think those white fittings are quite what you have there. notice closer urs dont have those rivets or whatever you call them on the sides and the ones i found have them.

Mitchell Toelle Guest

Looks like PB inside the wall as well. You appear to be proceeding as you should but you need to stress with your clients that further review be done. Otherwise they will think it is only related to the leaks noted and not the material used. Then you will be in trouble.

Debra Monte Guest

Most gray plastic pipes will be PB, so it is safe to indicate in your report that there may be some PB supply pipes/fittings along with a little info regarding PB and a recommendation to have a qualified plumber evaluate and replace as necessary.