Thread: Pier Graphic

A.D. Miller Guest

Default Pier Graphic

I have spent the past hour looking for a decent graphic depicting a residential foundation drilled pier's rebar placement. Does anyone have something like this they would like to share?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Pier Graphic

Not sure if this is what your looking for but it's the best I could find.

pier.jpg

Jeff Moore AZ Cert#49250
    Level II Thermographer
    http:www.quantumhomeinspections.com

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by J Moore View Post
    Not sure if this is what your looking for but it's the best I could find.

pier.jpg
    JM: I guess I was not specific enough. That is for a foundation repair pier and what I need is for an original drilled pier. Thanks.

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ben jacks View Post
    Are you referring to "star-drill" doweling into a concrete foundation? Or is a pre-drilled pier block what is being referred to? Maybe none of the above. :] rbj
    BJ: I'll attempt to remove the argot block. When one is building a pier and beam foundation one drills holes in the ground, adds rebar, and then fills the holes with concrete. The resulting entities are called piers. I am looking for a graphic depicting the proper placement of the rebar in these drilled piers. I suppose you could also call them augered piers. The IBC does, but no one here ever says "augered".

Something like the picture below, but a line drawing showing the whole hole, if you will.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    I am looking for a graphic depicting the proper placement of the rebar in these drilled piers.

Aaron,

It would vary depending on the engineering.

The size of the vertical steel, the number of vertical steel bars, the size of the hoops, the spacing of the hoops from the bottom and the top and each other will be specified by the engineer, which all depends on what is going to be placed on those piers, which also has to do with the number of piers installed.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Aaron,

It would vary depending on the engineering.

The size of the vertical steel, the number of vertical steel bars, the size of the hoops, the spacing of the hoops from the bottom and the top and each other will be specified by the engineer, which all depends on what is going to be placed on those piers, which also has to do with the number of piers installed.
    JP: While this may be so, the minimal standards are set forth in IBC 1810, 1812, et al.