Steven Stafford Guest

Default New guy makes the grade

Hey guys! I passed the national exam today! I am pumped! 15 more mentored inspections and get to apply for my licence.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: New guy makes the grade

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Stafford View Post
    Hey guys! I passed the national exam today! I am pumped! 15 more mentored inspections and get to apply for my licence.
    Cool

Happy for you. No matter what anyone says the NHIE can be pretty difficult sometimes. Its not like you just have to pump one topic in for study. You have to be extremely well rounded. It may not be code but most of it is based on code and the rest is good building practices. I do not think any inspector should be in the field with out background in the trades, training, schooling and such.

Even if one could make a good inspector you were smart to do the required mentored thing. To not know what an inspection really is and just go out there and start doing them is never having done an inspection or filled out an inspection report.......Crazy move on anyones behalf.

Steven Stafford Guest

Default Re: New guy makes the grade

Thanks for the kind words Ted.
    The school I attended sets you up with a list of inspectors who do the required mentoring. The problem is that there is 30 - 40 guys trying to get a slot with 10 inspectors. So Far I have only been able to get 1 inspection but I just booked another for this weekend.
    I have done inspections before but they were limited to one discipline or another at the time. The HI concept of the entire house and the interconnecting systems is definitely another level.
    I know I will have questions so be kind.
    Thanks again.