Steven Stafford Guest

Default Can I get a little help with my I N profile?

I finally got the system to accept my avatar but it won't take my web address. I even went back and added all the ht's and ww's. What am I doing wrong? Oh yeah, what's the difference between and avatar and a profile picture?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Can I get a little help with my I N profile?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Stafford View Post
    I finally got the system to accept my avatar but it won't take my web address. I even went back and added all the ht's and ww's. What am I doing wrong? Oh yeah, what's the difference between and avatar and a profile picture?
    Go to User CP and to your profile. You can put your web address in your signature so it shows up every time you post. be sure to use the fill address with h t t p.. etc...

Also you can go to Edit Profile and it in where it ask for your website address.

Hope I was clear and this helps

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Steven Stafford Guest

Thanks Scott, as usual your advice is clear and helpful. I have been viewing your posts for a while now.
    I entered my web address in the box on my CP page, (with the ww's and such) but when I post it does not show up. I added it to my signature as you suggested. I though maybe there was a minimum number of posts you had to make in order to be eligible.
    Either way it is no big loss, my site is just a starter page for now. I am going through the process of getting my licence for NJ HI now.
    Thanks again.

It works for me.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

A.D. Miller Guest

SS: All appears to be well with your post. The difference between an avatar and a profile picture is that the avatar can be any graphic designed to conceal the fact that you have lost too much hair, too many teeth, etc., while the profile picture, if used as an avatar, will have the effect of warding off all but the halest of suitors.

Steven Stafford Guest

Thank you Mr. Miller, I always get a kick out of your posts and now I have one of yours to call my own. Of course now I have to go look up what halest means...
    BTW you are right on about the photo. it took me a while to come up with one that was even... dare I say this good?
    It was taken 12/31/07 at about 11:30pm at the Tropicana in Atlantic City outside of Cuba Libre or Fire Water or one of those clubs that I am too old, too heavy or just not hip enough to be in anymore.
    Thanks for the reply.

I am going through the process of getting my licence for NJ HI now.
    Steve,

I hope you haven't been reading those ads that say a HI can make $100,000 part time!!!

Anyway, my advise to you is to be true to your clients and never, ever, bow down to pressure or let anyone talk you into changing your report to make the sale go thru.

Good Luck

Darren www.aboutthehouseinspections.com
    'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)

Steven Stafford Guest

Thanks for the advice and encouragement Darren, rest assured that I have no false expectations. I am one who believes that you get out of life what you put into it, and I am in this for the long haul.
    Finding seasoned inspectors to mentor me for licensing is proving to be a difficult task recently, but I know it's just you guy's testing me to see if I am serious about this. Well I am so knock it off and let me tag along already.
    Fortunately I have been able to get some mold inspections lately as well as a little remediation work to keep from going stir crazy.
    Thanks again.

Finding seasoned inspectors to mentor me for licensing is proving to be a difficult task recently, but I know it's just you guy's testing me to see if I am serious about this. Well I am so knock it off and let me tag along already.
    It may also be that seasoned inspectors feel the market is already full and they do not feel a strong need to train their competition in a down market.

In my market place, there were 1000 house sales last month. There are roughly 300 licensed inspectors in that same market. Some basic math will show you that nobody is making a living and adding more inspectors to the mix is not going to help. You may be the most deserving, hardworking, knowledgeable canidate to come along, but right now I am more concerned about feeding my family. The new guys will just have to wait until the market can sustain the seasoned inspectors before they give away business.

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."