Thread: Outer Banks NC

mathew stouffer Guest

Default Outer Banks NC

What are these? I was thinking something to do with the septic system. We were in the Outer Banks. Plus I looked at previous threads regarding PEX, is the strapping requirement every 32 inches.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Outer Banks NC

Well the PEX is all wrong and my guess on those things in the yard is a hidden mother ship of the Neglian empire or a fancy septic system.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

mathew stouffer Guest

I am not familiar with that empire, did they have lots of riches Other than the giant loop and missing supports, what else do you see.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew stouffer View Post
    I am not familiar with that empire, did they have lots of riches Other than the giant loop and missing supports, what else do you see.
    The lack of supports (each manufacturer has their own requirement. Can be as little as 24" for the pipe and at every connection point at fixtures)

Pressure being placed on connections (lack of support and excess length of PEX)

Excess pipe (loop)

That is about all I see with the PEX in the picture.

As for the Neglian empire they shopped at the Milky Way Goodwill store. For some reason the Neglian supreme council spent all of their money trying to keep their old star ship factory going when newer star ship technology & designs were what the Neglians wanted!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Mitchell Toelle Guest

Are the things in the yard some kind of solar collection system? Just a thought.

Whenever I see plastic installed like that, a part of me dies a little. Plastic is so damned cheap and easily installed that it's lowered the presumed competence threshold for installers, leading to crap installations like that.

I've seen some copper installs that were a work of art to behold, the way the pipes were laid out and well fitted. My father in law, a master plumber for over 35 years now, once did a radiant floor install that caused me to do a double-take to appreciate the thought and skill that went into the layout.

The only double-takes I do with PEX installs is to say, "wtf were they thinking?"

Tom Rees / A Closer Look Home Inspection / Salt Lake City, Utah
    http://acloserlookslc.com/

Tom's got it right. Beach properties are so small they need the effluent clean enough to be reused. Many use it as reclaimed water for plants, golf courses etc. There are many types of systems out there with diffrent media besides peat. Sand, Ceramic, rubber, glass well basically anything can be used. It just a surface for microbes to work. designers of these systems try to make it easy for the O&M people by using media that last.

Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com