Default Unidentified pipe

I was inspecting a 1926 home yesterday and found in the garage a galvanized 1 1/4" pipe coming through the foundation wall. The other end was obstructed by the return plenum and I was unable to find the pipe through any of the grates for the return. The home is on oil, but the (inuse) tank was located at the opposite side of the home (buried in the back yard). Any ideas on what this is? I'm concerned it could be another tank? Is that possible? (I know it's not the water supply... already located that). Any help is appreciated....

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Unidentified pipe

It COULD be a filler pipe coming down from the foundation wall and going out to a buried tank. Even if that seems unlikely, I would report the possibility of a second tank, too risky to ignore.

Or possibly an old drywell used for kitchen and laundry as was typical for that age. Was it near the kitchen?

Quote Originally Posted by wayne soper View Post
    Or possibly an old drywell used for kitchen and laundry as was typical for that age. Was it near the kitchen?
    Nope... opposite side... thought of that possibility too.