Patrick Campbell Guest

Default New to the board perhaps a new HI

Hi, my name is Patrick Campbell and I'm considering becoming a HI.
    I'm just now starting to conduct some research and found this board it has already been very informative, thanks to all who share their knowledge here. I confess the main reason I joined was to ask questions to help me make an educated decision as to whether or not a HI career was for me. I really think I would enjoy it and I love hard work and a challenge. So hello to all I'm off to do some reading and am sure to ask some dumb questions and hopefully some not so dumb questions.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: New to the board perhaps a new HI

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Campbell View Post
    Hi, my name is Patrick Campbell and I'm considering becoming a HI.
    I'm just now starting to conduct some research and found this board it has already been very informative, thanks to all who share their knowledge here. I confess the main reason I joined was to ask questions to help me make an educated decision as to whether or not a HI career was for me. I really think I would enjoy it and I love hard work and a challenge. So hello to all I'm off to do some reading and am sure to ask some dumb questions and hopefully some not so dumb questions.
    Patrick welcome. Question: What are you doing now in the way of a job?

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Welcome neighbor
    Where in Georgia are you?

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Welcome and good luck... The best thing you can have while starting in this profession is a wife with a solid income and a good health plan

It can be rough at first, particularly in this market, but there is always room in the industry for good people. You're off to a good start hanging around here. There's lots of knowledge to be had....

Patrick Campbell Guest

Thanks for the welcome. I live in Rossville, almost in Chattanooga TN. My wife has a good job with good health care we could make it on her income alone although it would be tough. As for what I do now I have a custom cabinet shop, but with new housing down the way it is I'm really not doing anything just an occasional set for friends and family. The good news is all my shop equipment is paid for and I don't owe any creditors, so I thought this may be a good time for me to look into HI.

Thanks for the welcome. I live in Rossville, almost in Chattanooga TN. My wife has a good job with good health care we could make it on her income alone although it would be tough. As for what I do now I have a custom cabinet shop, but with new housing down the way it is I'm really not doing anything just an occasional set for friends and family. The good news is all my shop equipment is paid for and I don't owe any creditors, so I thought this may be a good time for me to look into HI.
    Hi Patrick, if you are that close to Chattanooga you might consider getting a license for Tennessee. This way you could work in TN, this would give you a larger potential client base. Right now you do not need a license to work in GA.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Patrick Campbell Guest

Scott, yes if I do decide to go into HI I definitely will be licensed in TN. There is a school in Chattanooga, American Academy Of Home Inspection, do you know of them? And would you recommend them? They also have schools in Knoxville, Nashville, and Murfreesboro. I tried to do a search on them here but couldn't find anything.

Scott Murdock Guest

Scott, yes if I do decide to go into HI I definitely will be licensed in TN. There is a school in Chattanooga, American Academy Of Home Inspection, do you know of them? And would you recommend them? They also have schools in Knoxville, Nashville, and Murfreesboro. I tried to do a search on them here but couldn't find anything.

I would recommend Casey O'Malley Associates for Home Inspection class. They have a great 10 day class. Call them and see if they plan anything for your area. These guys run a great HI class and are there after the class is long done to answer questions. They use to have I.T.A and sold years ago to Kaplan. Now back in the game again after the non-compete is over.
    Home Commercial Inspection Education Training Schools Classes Licensing Consultants