Darrell Udelhoven Guest

Default NO concerted effort to push Energy Conservation in America

There is NO concerted effort to push Energy Conservation in America.

There are virtually no mass media programs, fed & local governments are not actively working to get home heatload calcs done; weatherization, etc.

They are not making rental of test instruments & how to use them available locally.

University extensions & their public radio & TV stations are doing no programming that would spark an energy conservation revolution.

The public digital TV CHs are running useless reruns that are a waste of time!

The home inspection would quadruple if things got moving; let's move it!

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: NO concerted effort to push Energy Conservation in America

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Udelhoven View Post
    There is NO concerted effort to push Energy Conservation in America.

There are virtually no mass media programs, fed & local governments are not actively working to get home heatload calcs done; weatherization, etc.

They are not making rental of test instruments & how to use them available locally.

University extensions & their public radio & TV stations are doing no programming that would spark an energy conservation revolution.

The public digital TV CHs are running useless reruns that are a waste of time!

The home inspection would quadruple if things got moving; let's move it!
    Uhh, home inspectors typically do not do heatload calculations or the like.

FYI, we went through similar energy conservation hype back in the late 80's to about the mid 90's. Folks just do not want to pay out the money needed to upgrade their homes when it comes down to it. It is all about the bottom line.

When I did energy audits from 1994 to 1997 I bet that less than 10% of the folks ever did anyting once they had their audits done. In those 3 years I conducted right at 250 full blow audits, and those were real audits with blower doors and duct blasters.

I for one will never return to this type of work, the pay does not equal the time, energy and expense you have in this type of work. Home inspections are ten times more profitable,. IMHO.

Don't even get me started on public radio and TV.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Darrell Udelhoven Guest

Default Re: NO concerted effort to push Home Energy Conservation in America

I agree, that it didn't work that well back then.

However, this is a crucial time when every entity in America ought to go all out, - along with very low interest loans that should be made available toward improved weatherization & air infiltration reductions, etc.

I, & most of us, should do things to reduce the winter fuel oil & NG usage, but until the government & other entities, including audits take place we won't act.

A lot of Home Energy Conservation could & should be taught in our school's applied math, science & physics courses. The students could come home & do the energy audits as part of their applied course of study.

We aren't doing a fraction of what could be done.

Nothing will work without a renewed positive attitude...