wes owens Guest

Default dishwasher drain

Inspected a 9 year old house today that had a 1/2 inch CPVC drain line from the dishwasher to the sink.

It was a new double drawer dishwasher.

Are there any dishwashers that allow this, or should they all be 3/4 inch drains?

Thanks,

Wes

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: dishwasher drain

Quote Originally Posted by wes owens View Post
    Inspected a 9 year old house today that had a 1/2 inch CPVC drain line from the dishwasher to the sink.

It was a new double drawer dishwasher.

Are there any dishwashers that allow this, or should they all be 3/4 inch drains?

Thanks,

Wes
    I don't think I have seen a solid pipe (PVC or CPVC) drain line from the DW to the sink. Do you have pic's?

wes owens Guest

No.

I just noted it and recommended replacing with 3/4 inch.

The only thing that makes me wonder is that it's a double drawer unit. Maybe they discharge separately and smaller amounts? Best thing would be to check the manual or run the model number and get to it online. That's where the best info will come from.

I don't know about a 1/2" drain line, but the DW nipple on the sink tail peice is not 3/4", it's 5/8" OD.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Jerrod Christian Guest

most double drawer dw have a drain from both drawers that tie into a rubber wye fitting that is connected with spring clamps with a 3/4" female side to tie onto a disposal or dw tailpiece