Thread: Garage furnace

Ryan Stouffer Guest

Default Garage furnace

Close up pictures

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Rob Omstead Guest

Default Re: Garage furnace

looks like the poss. of improper exhausting. Based on the staining on the fan duct, I would say that the exhaust temp. is dropping to condensation point before exiting the pipe. How long is the exhaust pipe? B- vent or C-vent?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Omstead View Post
    looks like the poss. of improper exhausting. Based on the staining on the fan duct, I would say that the exhaust temp. is dropping to condensation point before exiting the pipe. How long is the exhaust pipe? B- vent or C-vent?
    I think he has two threads going on the same subject. The other thread shows PVC exhaust.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Ryan Stouffer Guest

John ,you are correct. I just put those two up for someone else to look at. But my main question is are furnaces allowed to be exposed in garages like this?

But my main question is are furnaces allowed to be exposed in garages like this?
    As long as any source of ignition is elevated, duct material is rigid, there are no air leaks, there is protection from vehicles, etc---- yes.