Default client access to reports online?

Anyone know of a free, or relatively cheap site on the web where I can upload reports and make them available to clients with password security?

I've been emailing the reports, but would like to have web access as a back-up.

Apparently I can't do this on my website without enabling online ordering, which I don't want to do.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Default Re: client access to reports online?

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    Anyone know of a free, or relatively cheap site on the web where I can upload reports and make them available to clients with password security?

I've been emailing the reports, but would like to have web access as a back-up.

Apparently I can't do this on my website without enabling online ordering, which I don't want to do.
    I upload them to my own website. I have a page and the report is listed by the street address and my client is given a password to open the PDF file. They click on the address and then enter their password to open the file. It is just like creating a new web page.

I only do this on very large report or if my client has trouble with email access.

3D started to offer an upload service to their users this past year and Home Gauge has an online service as well.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Cary Seidner Guest

I email PDF reports to my clients. On the rare ocassion when there is an issue with emailing the report, I'll upload the report to my website on a "blind" page and send the link to my client. After I have confirmed they downloaded it I will remove the report from my website.

It's a bit of a pain in the butt, but since it is my back-up delivery method and I've only had to do it a few times, it seems to work well enough for me.

We put our commercial client's reports on box.net.

Ron Bibler Guest

I had my WEB GUY Set up a program on my web site so my clients can access ther reports any time. as long as they don' forget there pass word.

Its ver nice. But the cost was around $ 700.

L.O.L.

Best

Ron

I upload reports to my web site and my client has a password to get to their report.

Another way is to simply upload the report to your web site and copy the address location and send that to your client - no password needed. Anyone they send the URL to can get the report.

An example would be xyz-inspections . com/inspection reports/billy_bob_report.pdf

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

For my own use and ability to forward or read while in the field I copy every report to a Gmail account. It doesn't help clients but with a laptop and an air card their report is never more than a couple minutes away.

On side note it absolutely amazes me how many people (mostly agents) lose their emails. I've never lost one in my life. I/we get at least a call a week from someone we just did a inspection for who has just "lost" it. How does this even happen?

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fellman View Post
    For my own use and ability to forward or read while in the field I copy every report to a Gmail account. It doesn't help clients but with a laptop and an air card their report is never more than a couple minutes away.

On side note it absolutely amazes me how many people (mostly agents) lose their emails. I've never lost one in my life. I/we get at least a call a week from someone we just did a inspection for who has just "lost" it. How does this even happen?

It has to be the Oregon Climate. I think that in years and years of emailed reports I could probably count the amount of calls I got on one hand of people (a year later) that lost their or deleted their emailed report. Everyone is a PDF already and they save it to their documents.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    It has to be the Oregon Climate. I think that in years and years of emailed reports I could probably count the amount of calls I got on one hand of people (a year later) that lost their or deleted their emailed report. Everyone is a PDF already and they save it to their documents.
    Hmmmm, let's see - Oregon = lax marijuana laws = lost reports. Texas = strict marijuana laws = no lost reports.

Coincidence? I think not

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fellman View Post
    Hmmmm, let's see - Oregon = lax marijuana laws = lost reports. Texas = strict marijuana laws = no lost reports.

Coincidence? I think not

The gov is seriously pondering legalizing the mighty weed. Just imagine how many times we can get paid twice for an inspection if that happens

Hey dude. You didn't give me the check yet. Oh, sorry dude, let me write that up......you want a hit ??????

Thanks for all the replies. I have finally figured out how to upload reports to my website.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com