Thread: Funny outlet

Default Funny outlet

This came up recently but I can't find the thread. Inspection today had this outlet in bathroom, it was the only one like it in house. 1927 house with knob and tube. What is it?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral
    Tom Rees / A Closer Look Home Inspection / Salt Lake City, Utah
    http://acloserlookslc.com/

Default Re: Funny outlet

I think there were some radios from that era that needed those flat prong outlets. Why the bathroom? In those days, a tube radio tipped into the tub was easier than pushing her/him out the window.

Here we go AGAIN John. At one time they made both in-line and parallel blade plugs (cord caps). You could buy either kind and both kinds came on a lot of things. Naturally, while both kinds of plug existed it was much easier to have a receptacle that fit both kinds. The time frame for these things is mainly 30s.

John, you offered the radio thing in the last thread and I 'splained what the receptacle was for. Why are you stuck on the radio thing? They are (were) both general use plugs and receptacles and could be found on almost anything.

Thanks Bill. I got it now.

Andrew Christel Guest

Upgrades are in order.