Tom Blake Guest

Default continuing education

Greetings all...new to inspection news. any info on garnering continuing education credits for NY license...am running out of time.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: continuing education

I'm not sure what your state allows but I've found some pretty quick classes online that worked for Oregon. Honestly, they were ridiculously easy and fast but did satisfy my CEUs.

If/when you have more time you might investigate the 1/2 family code certification classes if you haven't done so before. Those classes are easily the best thing I've taken to help me in this business. They basically cover how build a house with the exception of the mechanicals (plumbing, electrical, HVAC).

Of course, reading this board daily doesn't count for any CEUs but will do amazing things for your knowledge and overall understanding of inspections.

Welcome to the board....

TOM

here in colorado--denver area. we have a chapter group that meets once a month and gets 2 hours ce for each session--thats 24 a year. do you not belong to an association? and no offence but sounds like you are just trying to get credits instead OF KEEPING UP TO CHANGING technology in our forever changing business. the internet is loaded with educational subjects and you need to find time during the year to get educated--not last minute cramming. i am a nut for education and in this business that means every day--not at end of year. sorry hope i didn't offend

charlie

tom
    left out where in westchester--i'm from whiteplains ny--give us a city--village--town as it goes in westchester

charlie

NYS does not allow on line CEUs. Only classroom ed. Check this place out, I think it is near you.

Merrell Institute, Appraisal Education Network School

Michael Schirmer Guest

He's right. New York is in-class only. No online courses are proctored, however you can check with the department of state regarding your ASHI CE's.

Tom Blake Guest

thanks all, but been there and done that...NYDOS ceu courses are way outdated, some as far away as Washington State! I'm licensed in CT too so have already put in my online time and try to keep up with two states...alas no reciprocity. I'm in Ct. but work both Northern Westchester and Southern Ct, hence no town name in NY...I'll keep looking...maybe there are some Green house courses coming up, hope there's no charge 'cause I am probably paying for them already.

Evan Grugett Guest

Tom,
    In our local ASHI Chapter (NY Metro) we have inspectors like yourself who are licensed in both NY and CT. Our chapter offers ASHI & NYS CEU's at the monthly meetings and has an annual educational seminar in the fall which provides usually 18 NYS CEU's, as well as CT (and CT law credits), MA, and NJ and ASHI CEU's. It draws participants from the entire NE region A number of our members are NYS approved instructors.
    Check us out at nyashi.com.
    Evan Grugett

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Blake View Post
    thanks all, but been there and done that...NYDOS ceu courses are way outdated, some as far away as Washington State! I'm licensed in CT too so have already put in my online time and try to keep up with two states...alas no reciprocity. I'm in Ct. but work both Northern Westchester and Southern Ct, hence no town name in NY...I'll keep looking...maybe there are some Green house courses coming up, hope there's no charge 'cause I am probably paying for them already.
    I don't know when you need the CE hours but if you can wait till January you could get many at InspectionWorld Las Vegas | January 17-20, 2010

Also another option is: Home Commercial Inspection Education Training Schools Classes Licensing Consultants
    David Goldstein teaches CE and he is in your neck of the woods.. Home Inspector Education Classes

Last edited by Scott Patterson; 11-02-2009 at 08:28 AM.
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com