Thread: Horizontal Drip

A.D. Miller Guest

Default Horizontal Drip

No, I don't mean a Republican in the supine position, but is this horizontal sediment trap OK?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Horizontal Drip

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    No, I don't mean a Republican in the supine position, but is this horizontal sediment trap OK?
    AD,

It would be if it was vertical and attached to the appliance. The short answer is no.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    AD,

It would be if it was vertical and attached to the appliance. The short answer is no.
    GA: Thanks. That's what I thought.

imported_John Smith Guest

Why worry about it. None of us will have to work when BO is finished with the redistribution of wealth comrade.

We can just stay home and the government will send us checks. Oh wait, they are already doing that.

Are you sure you were vertical when you took that shot?

It is scary to see that there are gas installers out there who don't really know what they are installing.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kogel View Post
    It is scary to see that there are gas installers out there who don't really know what they are installing.
    Just last week I talked to an "electrician" (installer) who had no idea how a GFCI actually worked. I said something about it turning off if a groud fault occurs and he looked at me like I was speaking Chinese. He said something about just knowing where he's supposed to put them and doesn't think about it other than that.

These days there are two distinct groups of tradesmen - Installers and Servicemen. The installers just know where to put it and 'generally' how to put it in. Servicemen or true tradesmen actually understand how it works. Unfortunately, true tradesmen are too expensive and nobody's willing to pay them what they're worth.

is this horizontal sediment trap OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    The short answer is no.
    The long answer is also ... "No." ... unless you wanted an explanation of "No.".

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    The long answer is also ... "No." ... unless you wanted an explanation of "No.".
    JP: No, I think I know what you mean by no. Thanks.

A.D. Miller Guest

[quote=John Kogel;107896]Are you sure you were vertical when you took that shot?

JK: I was either vertical or the gallon of lacquer thinner depicted was high and oblique.

MaMa Mount Guest

I'm not a rocket scientist but I have never seen anything drip horizontally.

The soon to be wedded,
    MaMa Mount