Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    Ken, if you feel that pointing out that ASHI has zero entrance requirements is "degrading" to ASHI, perhaps ASHI should adopt some. Feel free to use ours Become a certified inspector! Join InterNACHI today. - InterNACHI

Your advertizing to the wrong people.
    On 2nd thought, maybe your are advertizing to the right people. Where else can inspectors, realtors, home buyers, and professional HI venders go, and see in your own words what non and ex members have been saying, is true about nachi.
    Then they can make an informed decision if they want to be assoiciated with, refer, or use the service's offered by the members of your Home Inspection Org.

ASHI membership degrading? The way it's looks the only people that thinks it degrading is the competion that's getting creamed by professionals acting like professionals.
    With all this board offers it's members for FREE, I sure don't see any reason why members of this board would want to join, or have anything to do with your org. Unless they want to pay $289. to be a part of the childish BS, lawsuits, and name calling that only nachi/nick offers to do for it's members.

LOL .... Use your certificiation process

Before you brag about and tell every one else about your certificiation process, maybe nick should go to nocco, and find out how his org and his CMI board can also be certified by an independent 3rd party.
    I'm sure nachi members would also like to have access to the millions of other professionals that are certified by the same association.

I hope nick pays you overtime for marketing your org , at 11PM, for free on this site.

An ex nacho member that's proud to be a non-member that nick and his members believe/ support should die and go to hell,
    called a scumbag, dumb and stupid by nick, comments also supported , and promoted to the public, by his members, on his open to the public site

Last edited by Dan Harris; 11-24-2009 at 12:12 PM.
    OREP Insurance
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    Marc M.
    Out of all these replies, did anybody answer your question?
    Yeah, kinda. Just taking it all in...

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Toelle View Post
    I know it sounds cool to post your location as "Left Coast" but your city or county would be better for some of us to get to know you, and for thread discussion purposes. In this case you could be directed to the local CREIA or ASHI chapter and location of meetings. Hope you find something. BTW, as has already been said, CREIA and ASHI are your best source here in Calif. and you will be sure to find many members willing to help you out.
    Dont be such a baby. Ya know, up until now I have never had an issue with anyone on this site. So far you're the only one to complain about my city's description, so dont look at it if it bothers you.

Ken, if you feel that pointing out that ASHI has zero entrance requirements is "degrading" to ASHI, perhaps ASHI should adopt some. Feel free to use ours Become a certified inspector! Join InterNACHI today. - InterNACHI

Wow, you just don't get it. Sure ASHI does not have entry requirements, just like most associations. I'm a member of a local Realtor Association, but I'm not a Realtor. However, ASHI does have stringent requirements for one to become a Certified Inspector, with true third party certification verification unlike InterNachi. With InterNachi I sign up online, send in a check and take a couple online tests and become a Certified Inspector within an hour. That can't happen with ASHI. ASHI may not regulate their candidate members, but they do regulate their certified inspectors. They don't just hand out certifications like InterNachi.

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Is Lisa slicko's sister? I think it's great that she continues to post on this forum and make a fool of herself and the lack of entry requirements into nachi. I mean, are you really proud that an ONLINE exam is the certification of choice for nachi? An ONLINE exam that anyone can take for anyone. So easy to do a search and see how unprofessional that supposed org is. The owner is a snake that has a knack of being able to sell snake oil to the new and unknowing. Then try and spin everything when confronted. I wonder if the the owner of nachi still has that unpaid fine in Pennsylvania?

Rob

Rob Jones
    Washington State Licensed Home Inspector #256
    www.washingtonhomeinspector.biz

Nachi just published a link because there are now "supposedly" 500 members of Nachi in Ontario. The only problem is when you follow the link you have to be a member to see the list! You can't find a full membership list for Ontario, because there aren't 500 members!

http://www.nachi.org/nachi-stats.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Jones View Post
    I wonder if the the owner of nachi still has that unpaid fine in Pennsylvania?

Rob
    The last I heard nicho stated that it was someone else, and it didn't have anything to do with him.
    He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time .

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Nachi just published a link because there are now "supposedly" 500 members of Nachi in Ontario. The only problem is when you follow the link you have to be a member to see the list! You can't find a full membership list for Ontario, because there aren't 500 members!

http://www.nachi.org/nachi-stats.htm
    Ahh Ray, you know better than that.
    They, like the other unnamed tens of thousands in 30 countries are just invisible.

Last edited by Dan Harris; 11-25-2009 at 05:47 PM.
    www.inspectaz.com

Happy Thanksgiving.

Now for a little humor for the day.

NHIE Deterence From Licensing - InterNACHI Message Board
    Looks like life is tough for some of ole nicks certified on this day that everyone should be thankful for what they have.

Nickos " certified elete " cannot pass the NHIE it after taking it 6 times.
    I don't believe ASHI will change their " Degrading " certificiation requirements and start adopting nicks online exam and requirements for instant on-line certificiation, anytime soon.

Last edited by Dan Harris; 11-26-2009 at 01:03 PM.
    www.inspectaz.com

How ironic is that? That silly little online exam that "certifies" their members is a joke. 6 times on the NHIE? And one guy claiming it's ASHI and the government's fault! What a joke.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Rob Jones

Actually he stated he's failed in 6 times.
    I especially like the post,
    "This is how government (ASHI) wants control, and they are getting it in states that require the NHIE. It is a virus that is getting out of hand. If you are not "their" member, they can say and test whatever they want. I hear most questions do not have anyting to do with an inspection at all, and are over and above SOP's. You know the drill. "
    I didn't realize that ASHI was a government agency...lol. Some of these guys don't seem too bright.

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Let's See at a $195.00 a Throw X 6 ( it was all a Conspiracy against Me ) is a chunk of change.
    Martha I'm a gonna Pass This Time.
    * no need to Study this Stuff I All Ready Know It All they just keep switching them questions around and won't tell which ones they Claim I Missed.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

This morning, during a conversation, Nick asked me personally if we couly possibly consider allowing ********** back into NACHI.

I opposed it for past acts which will not be repeated here. Nick assured me that ****** will help to keep ****** in good standing. Roy has been allowed back, conditionally, providing that past acts remain past acts.

This is something that Nick has lobbied long and hard for. If one thing has been learned here is that ESOP's rules and enforcement remain absolute. No one in this organization, and I mean NO ONE (including Nick) was able to bring ****** back. The decision rested solely with me, who will undoubtedly face some dissapointed committee members. ESOP unjustly put up with its share of nonsense and personal attacks.

So why did I have a change of heart? For three reasons: 1) once we told ***** to get out and stay off this board, he did. 2) the most viscious of the attacks levied against committee members were levied by another ex-member who will continue to be personna-non-grata, and 3) engagement and anti-NACHI attacks by this same individual continue to his detrement on another message board, though Mr. Cooke has refrained from commenting.

Only time will tell whether ****** has had a change of heart. But, be certain that individuals involved in the fray, and who have a vested interested in ******* successful or unsuccessful to return to the fold, will certainly be watching with a careful eye.

While hope springs eternal that the past is TRULY the past, make no mistake that should anyone fall off the "wagon", for any reason... enforcement will be re-established aqnd the honeymoon will be over in a flash.

The conditions are on *******, not ESOP or its members. I wish him success. Being that the Christmas and Chanukah seasons are upon us, I felt that this was a good opportunity to show that ESOP and its members are willing to cut folks some slack, and turn the other cheek... providing they dont get smacked in the process.
    Hey Joe, how come you don't remove yourself you have fallen off your wagon several times.

Attacks against Nachi to my deteriment? Thats bull Joe considering your involvement in a fraudulent designation and coming up here to Canada where you purposely and knowingly taught falsities about well inspections.

Yup Joe the only detriment to anyone is having you as a friend and a fraud artist you hot head. Who cares what your dictates are you've always been full of yourself.

Control freak!

Since my posts are always moderated at iachi, I will post my opinion here. Mike O'Handley posted a well written thought concerning the NHIE on that joke of a message board and here is how the head snake oil salesman spun it;

"Mike O'Handley hammers ASHI:
    Quote:
    "The NHIE is a test of the most elementary knowledge one should have in order to be able to do this job with borderline competency. It's not meant to be the benchmark of a superlative inspector, a really good inspector or even a good inspector; it's meant as a gage of basic competency. Think of it as a starting point from which you can build on., kind of the way the GED is a gage of basic high school equivalency."

For those of you unfamiliar with ASHI, ASHI is a diploma mill that uses the NHIE beginners exam as a basis to award their highest "certified" membership designation."

Is he really that stupid? Did I really need to even ask that question? I am shocked that the majority of that membership hasn't left his ridiculous organization yet. How embarrasing to be associated with an idiot like that. Last I checked, the iachi "test" is an online exam that anyone could take and pass for anyone.

Rob Jones

Consider him another bag-o-wind.

Ray, thanks for questioning the number of members we have in Ontario when you write
    InterNACHI just published a link because there are now "supposedly" 500 members of InterNACHI in Ontario. The only problem is when you follow the link you have to be a member to see the list! You can't find a full membership list for Ontario, because there aren't 500 members!
    Here is the full list of visible Ontario members: Ontario Certified Inspectors (home, radon, WDO, etc inspectors) - Find an Inspector - InterNACHI Please feel free to count them for yourself. I believe there are 502 InterNACHI members in Ontario.

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

Darren asks
    Hey Lisa,

You still haven't answered my question from 8/12:

"Lisa, as director of communications for NACHI, what is your response to this quote from Mr. Nick?

"I and InterNACHI are in complete agreement that non-members should die and go to hell."

Inquiring minds want to know....."
    Nick shouldn't have said that.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Thanks,

There are many listed at the link with websites that do not work, and there is no way to verify any of the names listed. Therefore the accuracy is not substantiated.

In Ontario the Corporations Act states that any member of the public can go to the head office of the corporation and see the membership list. Where is the head office in Ontario for InterNachi as I would like to come look at the complete membership list as per the Corporations Act.

Thank you.

Lisa

Nick was misquoted, he actually said.

"I and InterNACHI are in complete agreement that non-member "scum-bags" should die and go to hell."

Ray incorrectly notes
    There are many listed at the link with websites that do not work
    I disagree. There are not many who have listed a non-working website. Nevertheless, InterNACHI does not have any control over the accuracy of member's listed contact information. Only members can update their contact information on our 4,500 sites from InterNACHI's member-controlled profile editor. - InterNACHI .

As for our up-to-date membership list, InterNACHI does not use obscure search functions that only permit undefined geographic region searches to hide our actual numbers. We allow everyone to search and count our entire membership list alphabetically Featured Inspectors - Int'l Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) , by city or postal code North American Directory of Inspectors - InterNACHI and by state/province by scrolling down to the bottom of our homepage International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI)

Feel free to view and count them from Canada or any other place on earth.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Ray incorrectly notes I disagree. There are not many who have listed a non-working website. Nevertheless, InterNACHI does not have any control over the accuracy of member's listed contact information. Only members can update their contact information on our 4,500 sites from InterNACHI's member-controlled profile editor. - InterNACHI .

As for our up-to-date membership list, InterNACHI does not use obscure search functions that only permit undefined geographic region searches to hide our actual numbers. We allow everyone to search and count our entire membership list alphabetically Featured Inspectors - Int'l Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) , by city or postal code North American Directory of Inspectors - InterNACHI and by state/province by scrolling down to the bottom of our homepage International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI)
    Lisa
    Do the other Orgs: such as NAHI and ASHI also have a public roll call ?
    It seems like everything they do is hidden or secret while NACHI is so open to all.

I would not want to belong to any association that is afraid to even let others see their dead Forums,

Many do not have websites.

Canadian Provinces (North American Directory) when checked comes up with this:
    New Brunswick Certified Home Inspectors

We're in the process of improving our list of home inspectors in New Brunswick. In the meantime, please visit the InterNACHI New Brunswick Home Inspectors directory.
    Why would non member edit their profile given they are no longer members. Nick has a history of not removing expired memberships.

Where is head office in Ontario for InterNachi as required under the Corporations Act. I would like to see the membership list for Ontario.

Thanks.

Ray, I don't deny Nick said it or something like it. He should not have been so forthright about his feelings. I guess that is why InterNACHI has a full-time Communications Director.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Well thanks Lisa, now we are getting somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Jones View Post

Is he really that stupid? Did I really need to even ask that question? I am shocked that the majority of that membership hasn't left his ridiculous organization yet. How embarrasing to be associated with an idiot like that. Last I checked, the iachi "test" is an online exam that anyone could take and pass for anyone.
    Yep. For $289 he will do anything, including market an inspector that failed the NHIE 6 times, [the same exam that he claims is a beginners exam] to the public as a Certified Home Inspector.
    For an additional couple hundered bucks, he will market that same inspector to the public as a "Certified Master Inspector" with out requiring him passing any exam.

Who said licensing doesn't solve anything

Last edited by Dan Harris; 11-30-2009 at 10:53 PM.
    www.inspectaz.com

Nick has a history of not removing expired memberships.
    About 4 years ago InterNACHI implemented a computer system whereby every member who fails to timely renew begins to have their membership benefits automatically taken away. This deterioration in benefits begins to occur on the due date of their renewal and continues until they are completely deleted as a member upon their 60th day in arrears.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Why would anyone pay $289 only to be subjected to rants of a scum bag like Joe who has shown that the ESOP has no ethical guidelines but based on decisions that are made on the fly dependent of course whether Joe's liquor bottle is half empty or half full?

Although I am InterNACHI's Communication Director, my job description explicitly prohibits me from speaking on behalf of our Ethics and Standards Committee or local chapters. They release their own statements.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Although I am InterNACHI's Communication Director, my job description explicitly prohibits me from speaking on behalf of our Ethics and Standards Committee or local chapters. They release their own statements.
    If your the Internachi communiciation director maybe you can answer these questions.
    Why don't we see any posts asking what should one study to pass the nachi on-line quiz?
    Why does the nachi on-line quiz for nachi certificiation have radon questions, when radon is not part of the SOPs?

Why are nachi certified inspectors opposed to proving that they are not criminals, provide proof they have basic HI training and report writing knoweldge, and taking a closed book exam that is required for state licensing?

www.inspectaz.com

If your the Internachi communiciation director maybe you can answer these questions.
    Why don't we see any posts asking what should one study to pass the nachi on-line quiz?
    Why does the nachi on-line quiz for nachi certificiation have radon questions, when radon is not part of the SOPs?

Why are nachi certified inspectors opposed to proving that they are not criminals, provide proof they have basic HI training and report writing knoweldge, and taking a closed book exam that is required for state licensing?
    In Illinois as in more and more States ,those requirements are fulfilled in obtaining a Home Inspection license.

So that is all empty rhetoric.

At least NACHI requires some kind of test rather than just a check or money order.

Why a non member would be obsessed with how another association runs it's business is beyond me and makes me wonder if boredom from lack of work has set in.

The only reason I can think of is that one either is trying to help improve things before joining which makes no sense as you you join us first or you are afraid all the NACHI members are taking your business away.

SOLUTION
    Just pay up and become one of us. (Too easy)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Elliott View Post

Why a non member would be obsessed with how another association runs it's business is beyond me and makes me wonder if boredom from lack of work has set it.
    Excellant Point
    Why an owner of one HI association bashes another HI association , and why members of that org support, and promote his public bashing of other inspectors, and HI associations is beyond me.

www.inspectaz.com

Excellant Point
    Why an owner of one HI association bashes another HI association , and why members of that org support, and promote his public bashing of other inspectors, and HI associations is beyond me.
    Personally I think he just goes over the top to incite you guys.

I don't see the ASHI executives running around calling the competition SCUMBAGS!

I don't see the ASHI executives running around calling the competition SCUMBAGS!
    I do hear of ASHI pushing things like branding that brainwash RE Agents into thinking one inspector is better than another because of what address they send their dues to.

Perhaps that does more damage to a mans lively hood than Nicks comments that may have the opposite effect.

Did Nicks comments cause members of other associations to lose business?

Personally I think he just goes over the top to incite you guys.

There are some that choose to support, defend, and promote his childish grade school playground BS.
    And then there are some that have grown up and believe this is a profession, and our exposure to the public should be professional.

www.inspectaz.com

Its called ethics Bob, but maybe you are conveniently overlooking that fact?

Dan Harris asks
    Which of these quizzes are you referring to? Can you guess what inspection trade association requires all this? - InterNACHI

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Requires? Those quizzes are optional I believe and I also believe members are not audited to ensure compliance?

However.... I did like this requirement.

CMI
    *Requirements for the Certified Master Inspector ® could not be depicted due to its experience requirements.

Nor could the requirements be depicted due to the fact that no one in Canada holding a CMI has had a police background check, nor audited for number of inspections. And at least two CMI holders possibly more where given theirs without any questions. But with Joe Farsetta on the job (he is on the CMI board) preaching how ethics are to be administered should that come as a surprise?

Dan Harris asks

Which of these quizzes are you referring to? Can you guess what inspection trade association requires all this? - InterNACHI
    If the new inspectors had any smarts, and wanted to be reprensented to the public as professional, they would save their $s and get all the information for free from experienced inspectors @ Home Inspection and Home Inspector Information For Property Inspectors

The Message Board alone contains over 10,050 registered members who have contributed over 192,465 posts of information. InspectionNews is the largest independent inspection resource of it's kind.

www.inspectaz.com

There are some that choose to support, defend, and promote his childish grade school playground BS.
    And then there are some that have grown up and believe this is a profession, and our exposure to the public should be professional.
    We have guys in the MO area that hate ASHI and want no part of it ,yet are forced to join or get no referrals from Agents due to the fact that ASHI spends all of it's members dues in convincing Agents that Inspectors should be vested by their association.

Why else would they only want to use ASHI Inspectors?
    Do you think Agents would really care? or that they do some kind of big statistical research on their own?

No they were brainwashed.

What is the difference in ASHI and NACHI/
    Is it the SOP?

I doubt it ,as they are close enough.

The association that tried to partner with you guys let their inspectors do repairs on defects they found in the homes they inspected and now your chummy.

Cutting through the fog here I can tell you that if you put two guys (one from each) side by side with lets say 500 inspections not counting ride alongs carrying some guys jock strap to meet the 250 goal at ASHI but real inspections...who is the better?

NACHI spends their money on education while ASHI spends it on marketing.

Perceived value to Agents is ASHI
    Real value to clients is NACHI because during those 500 inspections the NACHI guy has access to the best education between the two.

Ok Nick ruffles some feathers and all focus is on him rather than what a great ORG NACHI really is.

If I was a new guy all over again i would be stupid not to Join NACHI and get real education and help.

Over the local chapter we actually give free ridealongs to those that request it and do not fear the competition, because we are smart enough to realize that the real competiton is getting buyers to know they need a professionally trained Inspection.

I have nothing against ASHI but do take hostile threads like this into account when barking back ,and perhaps that what Nick is doing.

Cutting through the fog here I can tell you that if you put two guys (one from each) side by side with lets say 500 inspections not counting ride alongs carrying some guys jock strap to meet the 250 goal at ASHI but real inspections...who is the better?

.[/B]
    Bob you make it too easy.
    All one has to do is look at questions asked from nicki " Certified Inspectors" on your BB, then look at questions asked, and information provided by ASHI members on this site.

Last edited by Dan Harris; 12-01-2009 at 04:31 PM.
    www.inspectaz.com

Dan all they need to do is look at the dysfunctional ESOP, no credible home inspection association would conduct its affairs openly and disgracefully as it does under the auspices of its chair who is obviously in several conflicts of interest and uses brawn instead of brains to carry out the ESOP mandate.

Bob you make it too easy.
    All one has to do is look at questions asked from nicki " Certified Inspectors" on your BB, then look at questions asked, and information provided by ASHI members on this site.
    From what i hear the ASHI forum is closed because of all the idiot questions from guys who have no clue.
    This place seems to have several guys that answer most of the questions just like over there.

More newbies are bound to be on the NACHI board as new Inspectors gravitate there.
    That does not mean that there are fewer knowledgeable guys, but that the forum has a better mix of both.

Be honest as to what happens when new guys ask a question on the closed board.
    Too many have told me that the place is like a ghost town , so fess up as to the honest truth on that.

I do hear that the old timers just humiliate any one with a question thus making education difficult.

I was the guy in the class that would argue with the teacher just to get the straight dope on subjects.
    Some teachers hated me for that while the classmates were grateful as they wanted the same answers but were afraid to speak up.

NACHI board is a place where we help our brothers and have lots of fights, but it is still family.
    Our political threads are vicious as we go to system and component threads pretending nothing happened.

Sure their are a few moron,s but every family has them.

Be honest as to what happens when new guys ask a question on the closed board.
    Too many have told me that the place is like a ghost town , so fess up as to the honest truth on that.
    The new guy gets an answer on the ASHI site, same as here.

Ghost town.
    If you look at who claims that, the first question I think of is, what post's did you make, to make it any better.
    The ASHI site has almost the same information. When you take out the BS, bashing and lies about non members, politics, mulitable posts of the same topic, multible posts of advertizing to scam $s from the members, members bragging how great they are, and how they scammed home owners of out $ 10,000 swards, that you find on your site.

The best site out there is this one.
    Heck Duffy's site has more and useful info than the nachi site.

www.inspectaz.com

Dan I couldn't agree more. And I have never seen a senior member belittle a newbie on ASHI. I also don't see members threatening each other as I have seen on Nachi.

Nor do I see executives of ASHI referring to Nachi as SCUMBAGS!

ASHI does not have moderators who like Nachi moderators have no idea what their function is and apply double standards.

Dan I couldn't agree more. And I have never seen a senior member belittle a newbie on ASHI. I also don't see members threatening each other as I have seen on Nachi.

Nor do I see executives of ASHI referring to Nachi as SCUMBAGS!

ASHI does not have moderators who like Nachi moderators have no idea what their function is and apply double standards.
    Members are not Moderated .

Ashi members always start these anti nachi threads.

I got kicked out of TIJ years ago for the simple act of objecting to O'Handjobs constant bashing.

Here I see the same pattern ,so I avoid it most of the time.
    Just look at the title of this thread for crying out loud.

Who is doing the bashing ? and why?

Mr Wand you use alias's all over the internet just to start trouble for NACHI do you not?

Anyone can do a search and see the facts as history is in that little search box as to who said what.

Go ahead anyone and see which org spends more time starting these unneeded threads.

The new guy gets an answer on the ASHI site, same as here.

Ghost town.
    If you look at who claims that, the first question I think of is, what post's did you make, to make it any better.
    The ASHI site has almost the same information. When you take out the BS, bashing and lies about non members, politics, mulitable posts of the same topic, multible posts of advertizing to scam $s from the members, members bragging how great they are, and how they scammed home owners of out $ 10,000 swards, that you find on your site.

The best site out there is this one.
    Heck Duffy's site has more and useful info than the nachi site.
    Nothing to hide?
    Make it public as I have no reason to take the word of a known NACHI basher.

How many posts have you had on our forum over the years.
    Gimme a break.

Same guys over a long period of time doing the same old ranting.

Invitation to anyone to search Google for the guys doing the most crying about how bad NACHI is.
    Go ahead and type in one of these names and NACHI as a key word.

Becomes like a broken record......yawn.

Ashi members always start these anti nachi threads.

A non member started this one..
    ASHI members just disclose the facts and truth

www.inspectaz.com

A non member started this one..
    ASHI members just disclose the facts and truth
    .....and which Sharks smelled blood.

Seems to me that a NACHI member should have answered the poor guys question.

My goodness you guys would scare anyone lacking ba-ls of steel from even considering the profession.

I cant quite get a handle on their organization, are they a 501 NP, a good source of info, or an HI mall? I hear a few different stories, what say you?

The man asked a ligit question. We just gave him an honest answer with out trying to selling him anything, by using this board for free advertizing.

After seeing all of the nacho replies I assume you, and Lisa answered his question " is nachi a HI mall?" .

www.inspectaz.com

Mr Wand you use alias's all over the internet just to start trouble for NACHI do you not?
    You made an allegation, so you should be able to prove it. Can you? I see lots of aliases on Nachi so really what is your point?

Now again I would like to call your attention to the matter with CMI and the manner in which it was fraudulently marketed.

Now I see Nick is pushing another designation to dupe the naive.

InterNACHI awarded "Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)" Federal Certification Mark.

And by the way just because the Feds have registered the title it is not an endorsment as Nick likes to portray.

Maybe you should buy one, but if I were you I'd make certain all the hype is truthful and the requirement diligently carried out.

If you back go thru the posts it looks like you will find the " Nachi Director of Communications" smelled blood

www.inspectaz.com

Hi Bob.

Speaking of ethics I guess you wrote the book. Promoting falsities on Active Rain is real nice. Kinda in keeping with the lack of ethics Nachi is known for!

Condo Bob 's Blog

Like the fact you tried to tell Mario Kyriacou to keep from embarrassing himself and Joe Farsetta and the rest of the ESOP committee. The question remains why an ESOP member would be allowed to repeatedly break the rules he is tasked with upholding and why Joe Farsetta Chair of the NACHI ESOP condones these outbursts from one of his committee members on a public site?

Thanks Bob.

Dear Dan and Ray, thank you both for asking out our non-profit status, the size of our new message board and what the CPI registration is about. I'll answer them one at a time.

I cant quite get a handle on their organization, are they a 501 NP, a good source of info, or an HI mall? I hear a few different stories, what say you?
    Yes, yes, and yes, Dan. InterNACHI is not only a non-profit corporation that never issued stock (un-owned), but it is also federally tax-exempt. Read IRS grants InterNACHI tax exempt status. - InterNACHI It is a "good source of info. And it is a great "HI mall" INSPECTORMALL.COM

The Message Board alone contains over 10,050 registered members who have contributed over 192,465 posts of information. InspectionNews is the largest independent inspection resource of it's kind.
    I disagree. InterNACHI's new message board, launched in 2007, already has 21,912 registered users and 570,024 posts.

And by the way just because the Feds have registered the title...
    Ray, it took over four years to acquire the mark so it is a bit more than simply having "registered the title" like you would register a corporate name on LegalZoom. "Certified Professional Inspector (CMI), it is not just a trademark. It is a U.S. Federal Certification Mark on the Principal Register. InterNACHI awarded "Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)" Federal Certification Mark. - InterNACHI

Do you have any other questions I may help answer?

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    I'm looking for an Org to join, and I just wasnt sure. I hear a lot of negitives with that Org. and want to make a wise choice. They do however, have some pretty cool information over there. I also like ASHI.
    Marc,

My local CREIA chapter is great. Take a look at the local chapters of any organization that you are considering before you join. That is where you will get the most information and help. If there is no local chapter or if the chapter meetings are bad, then the organization will be of no real benefit.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Lisa

You must be in a difficult position trying to promote Nachi as an ethical association and all, but there seems to be a problem with the ESOP and actions of a few rogue ESOP members who do as they please and their actions are never condoned by Joe Farsetta.

Its very troubling for me as it must be for the public to see one member continually and knowingly flaunt the rules he is tasked to uphold. The language and the tone do not paint the ESOP as a functional and professional body.

What is even more surprising are so called members endorsing the behaviour which tells me they have very little understanding of how a professional Standards of Practice Committee should operate and carry out its mandate. Simply put professional bodies do not operate in the manner demonstrated but given that the ESOP is made up of members who have never belonged to a professional acting body to know the difference I guess this is par for the course.

Dear Dan and Ray, thank you both for asking out our non-profit status, the size of our new message board and what the CPI registration is about. I'll answer them one at a time.

Yes, yes, and yes, Dan. InterNACHI is not only a non-profit corporation that never issued stock (un-owned), but it is also federally tax-exempt. Read IRS grants InterNACHI tax exempt status. - InterNACHI It is a "good source of info. And it is a great "HI mall" INSPECTORMALL.COM

I disagree. InterNACHI's new message board, launched in 2007, already has 21,912 registered users and 570,024 posts.

Ray, it took over four years to acquire the mark so it is a bit more than simply having "registered the title" like you would register a corporate name on LegalZoom. "Certified Professional Inspector (CMI), it is not just a trademark. It is a U.S. Federal Certification Mark on the Principal Register. InterNACHI awarded "Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)" Federal Certification Mark. - InterNACHI

Do you have any other questions I may help answer?
    I didn't ask any of those questions.

As far as the size of your org. why don't you read what is claimed, opposed to bragging and spouting useless crap to get more free advertizing.

Sorry I hate to burst your ego, as far as your useless titles, and the size of your BB with multible posts of the same crap to get more numbers than some one else, quite honestly I don't believe anybody out side of your org is impressed.

www.inspectaz.com

Ray, I am forbidden in writing from commenting on ESOP publicly. The prohibition is in my new 5 year contract that I happily signed last week. As InterNACHI's Director of Communications through at least 2014, my job is to answer almost any other question you can ask.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Lisa

Regardless what you are prohibited from doing the fact remains that your job is not being assisted by the likes of the ESOP with Joe at the helm and other members who seem to have a very limited vocabulary in their ability to show their lack of education. When I read the posts from these cretins the image that comes to mind is that of a repair man bending over with the crack of his ass showing. Decorum was never part of the dress code of civility at Nachi. But then again I suppose its part of the image that Nachi cultivates with your assistance as CD.

Raymond,

A good start to Some of Your questions that Lisa disclaims would be to Examine this Org. 990 or 990 EZ Form that mut be Made Public for 3 years.

If the ESOP is of a Standard Employee Stock Ownership Variety The US Department of Labor has Regulatory Authority and Enforcement Employee Benefits Security Administration Main Page backed by The US Department of Justice.

These Two Departments have a Very Impressive Record of Recovering Billions of Dollars of Miss used Funds with Some of the Defendants Receiving Substantial Federal Prison Terms.

Check the right side of the link News Releases.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Ray, you must be referring to our message board and I agree with you. We do our best though. Pornographic pictures are deleted by our IT department when they are alerted to them. Cuss words are deleted by the message board system automatically before they are posted. All other InterNACHI member posts are unmoderated and it is a big tent. There is a Not For Everyone forum that is open only to members and hidden from public view, but I won't visit it. It is not a place for a respectable lady.

Are there any other questions I may help with?

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Don't worry Lisa

I am ensuring that all the dirty laundry soiled by the ESOP and its Chair Joe Farsetta are exposed on Bob Elliots Active Rain Blog for the public to see.

Its unfortunate that many members have not been assisting you in promoting a professional image of NACHI. But don't you worry about a thing I will help protect you from the scoundrels!

If the ESOP is of a Standard Employee Stock Ownership Variety The US Department of Labor has Regulatory Authority and Enforcement Employee Benefits Security Administration Main Page backed by The US Department of Justice.
    Billy, ESOP does not stand for Employee Stock Ownership Purchase, it stands for Ethics and Standards Of Practice committee. InterNACHI has never issued stock. It is not owned. It is a non-profit, federally tax-exempt corporation. IRS grants InterNACHI tax exempt status. - InterNACHI

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast