Ted Menelly Guest

Default Here Kitty Kitty

Creatures found under homes can be a health threat. These things are an instant turn off for the clients and many do not get over their initial reaction. I have handled this in different ways over time with none of them having a non lasting affect. Most are disgusted even after explaining to them that it is an easy clean up from a pest control company.

Also... not that I care ... but it also has that immediate affect (not a good one) on the agents.

I was just curious how other folks handle this disclosure of creatures in the crawl or past fires that were never disclosed.

Yes, that is a flue pipe from the furnace in the crawl.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Chuck Lambert Guest

Default Re: Here Kitty Kitty

I did an inspection about 4 years ago and found a dead dog, skeleton, in the crawl space. There was a collar with tags on it. I crawled over to it gently removed the collar and put it in my back pocket. Upon exiting the crawl space I cleaned myself off, closed up the crawl as it was and went to find the owner, who was present during the inspection. I took him aside and asked him if he had a dog, he looked at me cross-eyed and said yeah but about six years ago the damn thing ran away. I then asked him if the dog's name was 'Max', the name on the collar, now he really looked perplexed. I then pulled the collar out of my pocket handed it to him and told him his dog's remainswere under his house. The guy about fell apart right there!! He and his wife both called me later to thank me for my discretion and for letting them know about it.

I put in the report that there was remains of an animal in the crawl and was told by owner that they would be properly removed before the close of escrow. All where happy.

On attic fires, I simply ask straight out "When was the fire?"

Chuck

Chuck Lambert Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post

Yes, that is a flue pipe from the furnace in the crawl.
    Why is the damaged wood not painted??? Repaired with no permits, ehhh??

Chuck

Ted,

Maybe The Fire claimed that Poor DOG.
    * unless the thread title was alluring to Cat Food.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

I am a cretin. I just put "Animal carcass found under the ***. Should be removed." No sympathy.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Ted,

Maybe The Fire claimed that Poor DOG.
    * unless the thread title was alluring to Cat Food.

Never looked at the pic close up. There is a cat (dead) crouched next to your poor puppy. I guess I was a bit to zoomed when I clicked the pic. It appears that the senile old woman that owns the home kept the animals in the crawl and forgot about them.

Pretty sad actually.

As far as the fire wood on the roof framing being painted was the least of my concerns. You could stick your finger in many pieces. It was also hacked by the present home owners past husband. Past as in gone from this world. I was a little surprised he was not in the crawl as well.

Unfortunately I still get a crawl every 50 inspections or so. The crawl days are almost gone for me nowadays. I could actually use many crawls right now if it meant staying busier.

Hey, isn't that the sniffer dog that was over at Jerry's place a couple of weeks ago? Yeah and is that a bullet hole I see below the ribs there?

I just report that I found some dead critters in the crawlspace. If they are still bloated or on the moist side, I will not finish the crawl.

As for old fire damage I always note it, even if it has been repaired, painted or whatever. If I can tell that their was a fire it is noted.

I don't sugar coat things, I was hired to report what I find.

Now as for dogs, this one was from an inspection this morning. I could smell him as soon as it came near me. The owner called him Stank.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

. There is a cat .

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)

Unfortunately I still get a crawl every 50 inspections or so.
    I get a house without a crawl one in every 50 inspections or so

Must be nice to live is 'Slab-land'

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Billy I was going to post something and then I saw your Attached Images

And everything went blank..... L.O.L. Thanks man.

Best

Ron

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    Billy I was going to post something and then I saw your Attached Images

And everything went blank..... L.O.L. Thanks man.

Best

Ron
    Be nice gents. Just snapped a quick pic for my files. I really was not thinking of you folks when I took it or I would have hired a professional photographer. I will remember for Bills sake * Make sure the zoom is proper for the dead animals *

It look like the cat crouched facing the dog took one last breath, gave up and died in that position with its feet tucked under it. Pretty creepy. Not somethiong I enjoy running into.

Be nice gents.
    Just Trying to Protect You From Yourself.
    * women & children are on their own.