Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: National exam

Default Re: National exam

First, we do not certify anything. We report what we find, tell our client what will happen if it is not repaired and then give them direction as to who needs to make the repair.
    You missed the point. The point is that if you FAIL to find a major defect that exists, your client, the buyer, would have treated you no differently than if you had certified there were no major defects. Ask any inspector who has been sued. With Move In Certified, you don't work for the buyer.

Second, the inspectors liability is the same. If you screw-up for either a buyer or seller you will be held accountable. It makes no difference if it is for a seller or a buyer.
    It makes a huge difference. Again, who would you rather have as a client from a liability standpoint? A buyer moving IN to the home you inspected? Or a seller moving OUT of the home you inspected and heading to Toledo. Ask your attorney. She'll explain it better.

Third, when I have done an inspection for a buyer and the home has already had an inspection by the seller. I always find additional items that were not in the report.
    That's a bad thing? Let's make up a worst-case scenario Scott. Let's say you say you do a Move In Certified inspection for the seller and you report that the roof is new, but in fact it needs to be totally replaced. And let's say the buyer's inspector finds out that you goofed up. Congratulations! The second inspector saved you and eliminated your damages. Sure, you might be embarrassed having been "shown up" by another inspector, but the buyer suffers no damages because someone caught the defect in time. What would you rather be? Wrong and have to buy a roof for your client? Or wrong and not have to buy a roof for your client? Ask your accountant. She'll know.

Inspection Referral
    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    You missed the point. The point is that if you FAIL to find a major defect that exists, your client, the buyer, would have treated you no differently than if you had certified there were no major defects. Ask any inspector who has been sued. With Move In Certified, you don't work for the buyer.

It makes a huge difference. Again, who would you rather have as a client from a liability standpoint? A buyer moving IN to the home you inspected? Or a seller moving OUT of the home you inspected and heading to Toledo. Ask your attorney. She'll explain it better.

That's a bad thing? Let's make up a worst-case scenario Scott. Let's say you say you do a Move In Certified inspection for the seller and you report that the roof is new, but in fact it needs to be totally replaced. And let's say the buyer's inspector finds out that you goofed up. Congratulations! The second inspector saved you and eliminated your damages. Sure, you might be embarrassed having been "shown up" by another inspector, but the buyer suffers no damages because someone caught the defect in time. What would you rather be? Wrong and have to buy a roof for your client? Or wrong and not have to buy a roof for your client? Ask your accountant. She'll know.
    Lisa, again your attempt at a rebuttal is sad. As I said before, you do not have a clue about our profession and your post confirms it. You are a paid shill who can only spout verbaige that promotes your company, nothing more or less.

If you are telling your members that a "Certified Move-In" inspection has less liability than an inspection for a buyer you are doing them a disservice. Just ask any attorney outside of your organization.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

If you are telling your members that a "Certified Move-In" inspection has less liability than an inspection for a buyer you are doing them a disservice. Just ask any attorney outside of your organization.
    LOL! We had a cash contest already. Every attorney agreed with us. If you can find an attorney who thinks there is more liability associated with Move In Certified than with a traditional inspection, bring him on.

Lisa, again your attempt at a rebuttal is sad. As I said before, you do not have a clue about our profession and you post confirms it. You are a paid shill who can only spout verbaige that promotes your company, nothing more or less.
    No Scott, what is "sad" is when you can't pick on my flawless arguments in post #66, you switch and pick on me and call me names.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

LOL! We had a cash contest already. Every attorney agreed with us. If you can find an attorney who thinks there is more liability associated with Move In Certified than with a traditional inspection, bring him on.
    LOL.. You are forgetting to disclose that 98% of your certifed inspectors that certified a home will be out of business before anyone is able to locate them and file a law suit against them.
    So yes you are correct. The only poor fool that's left with any money for the lawyers to go after, is the home seller that bought into the certified crap.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

No Scott, what is "sad" is when you can't pick on my flawless arguments in post #66, you switch and pick on me and call me names.
    Lisa, as I said.... You are a paid shill for Nick and his club. Nothing more, nothing less. Your job is to promote the club at any expense or exaggeration to the facts or truths at hand.

I don't know what "cash contest" means, is or was. Would you care to post the name of the attorneys that agree with your opine?

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Yours. Ask her. Direct her to my post #66.

But I really don't care if you participate in the Move In Certified program or not. I was only explaining why it provides reduced liability in comparison to what you do now.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

but the buyer suffers no damages because someone caught the defect in time.
    Actually Lisa, you are completely wrong.
    If I hired someone to conduct a pre-listing inspection and then another inspector came along and found the roof needs to be replaced and I lost that deal; my pre-listing inspector would be sued for damages as a result of the deal falling through.

"LOL! We had a cash contest already. Every attorney agreed with us. If you can find an attorney who thinks there is more liability associated with Move In Certified than with a traditional inspection, bring him on."

I don't know or believe if anyone stated more liability but they would be liable and hopefully triple damages because of fraud.

But hey; I'm done here- clearly the kool-aid has taken it's toll.

Darren www.aboutthehouseinspections.com
    'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)

C.Johnson Guest

Lisa....In your scenario your "move in certified" can and probably would be held accountable.
    Seller Inspector states "roofing is new"...
    Buyers Inspector states "NO roofing is old and needs replaced"....
    Let's see here, (assuming that the buyer's inspector is correct) since it is required for sellers to disclose information about the home, then my thought is that it will be stated in the "move in certified" report the roof was in good condition by said "move in certified" inspection..
    That being said, when the buyer's inspector points out that the roof is defective and needs to be replaced.

What will happen? Now the buyer wants a new roof
    Who will pay for it? IMO the buyer will come back with a request for the roof to be repaired or $$$ off for such repairs.
    How will this go over with the Seller? Not good I bet
    Who will the seller go after for saying that the roof was good when in fact it is not? That's right the "move in certified" inspector...
    So, who will end up paying? my guess the original inspector Mr. "move in certified" himself for not disclosing proper information on said home...

I'm sure there are a couple lawyers out there that would agree...
    The fact is you assume liability when inspecting a home whether its for the seller or the buyer!

If I hired someone to conduct a pre-listing inspection and then another inspector came along and found the roof needs to be replaced and I lost that deal; my pre-listing inspector would be sued for damages as a result of the deal falling through.
    Wrong. In that scenario, you didn't cause the deal to fall through. They buyer didn't walk because you missed the defective roof. They buyer walked because the roof was defective.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

The fact is you assume liability when inspecting a home whether its for the seller or the buyer!
    Duh. You just assume less liability when inspecting for the seller.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

C.Johnson Guest

Duh. You just assume less liability when inspecting for the seller.

DUH! Real mature Lisa....I will resist the temptation to fall into the name calling/mud slinging that you and you organization feels so inclined to do.

Liability is EQUAL get a lawyer on here to tell me otherwise!

Good Day to you.....

Wrong. In that scenario, you didn't cause the deal to fall through. They buyer didn't walk because you missed the defective roof. They buyer walked because the roof was defective.
    Actually you did cause the deal to fall through.

I based the sales price of the house on your inspection report.
    I turned away a potential buyer who offered 7 thousand dollars less then this buyer (the 7k less buyer waived the home inspection, maybe he 'knew' the roof needed to be replaced).

My buyer walked because the roof needs to be replaced; I go back to the 7k less buyer who has closed on a different house. My home is sitting on the market for an additional 6 months; a financial loss that YOU caused because if you told me the roof needed to be replaced, I would have accepted the 7k less buyer who waived the inspection process.

Sorry, you (and your thought process) lose...

'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Johnson View Post
    DUH! Real mature Lisa....
    The kool-aid, the kool-aid; it was grape, then orange, now it a real lemon.

Relationship when working for the seller:
    Seller point of view
    Advocate, Trust, acceptance, consultant
    Seller is more likely to discuss known problems with HI.

Buyer point of view
    No direct relationship exist.
    Liability has been reduced, but has not been removed completely.

Relationship when working for the buyer:
    Buyer point of view, Advocate, Trust, acceptance, consultant
    Seller point of view, Adversary, possible contempt, uncooperative
    Seller is unlikely to discuss known problems with HI, you have to find them, ALL

Property damage Liability
    No change, you are still liable for property damage you cause.
    However when you are working for the seller, the seller perceives you as an advocate instead of an adversary, settlement for damages are likely to be easier.

E&O liability
    When working for Buyer
    To buyer, High liability
    Liability is limited only by the contract, if that.
    To seller, Very little if any liability

When working for seller
    To seller, Little to some liability.

To buyer, Little if any liability.
    Liability is greatly reduced because;
    You did not contract with buyer
    You recommended buyer to have and inspector that is working for them to inspect the house.
    Therefore, Buyers HI will be first in line, and held more liable
    If you are found liable, liability is likely to be shared with the other HI
    If buyer does not obtain their own HI, they are responsible for their decision.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Good post. Thank you Rick.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Justin Tyme Guest

Even a Google Search using the most relevant keywords 'Home Inspection Associations' shows the Nachos for what they always will be - 3rd Rate & last place.

Unfortunately, Google cannot recognize that it has mistakenly given the Nachos a page rank presence as an 'Association' when it appears to operate as a club - 'The Nickey Mouse Club'.

home inspection associations - Google Search

Last edited by Justin Tyme; 03-13-2011 at 11:14 AM. Reason: typo

'The Nickey Mouse Club'.
    Any first grader can call another association names. But sooner or later you have to start asking yourself the tough questions.

Why were InterNACHI's free, online courses awarded nearly 700 government approvals? Why does InterNACHI's website get 260 million hits a year? Why is InterNACHI so successful in so many countries around the world? Why does InterNACHI have so many members in both licensed and unlicensed states? Why is InterNACHI so popular in Canada? Why is InterNACHI able to offer so many money-making benefits for their dues? Why does InterNACHI's message board get so much activity. Why is InterNACHI's renewal rate so high? Why is InterNACHI able to provide so many inspection business success tools? Why are so many inspection industry vendors aligned with or owned by InterNACHI? Why, in the past couple years, when all other inspection associations were shrinking, did InterNACHI expand in so many areas? Why is InterNACHI so big in indoor air, commercial inspections, and infrared. Why does the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Energy work with InterNACHI? Why is InterNACHI's website so amazing? Why do so many P.E.s join InterNACHI? Why are InterNACHI's advanced inspection courses so popular? Why did InterNACHI's website grow to over 235,000 pages? What is going on here? !!!

Or you can just sit back, scratch your head, and call us names.

Last edited by Lisa Endza; 03-13-2011 at 12:00 PM.
    Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Any first grader can call another association names. .
    The truth is... There is only one leader/spokesperson of any association in the world, that stoops low enough,[ on an open to the public chat board] to call inspectors from other home inspector associations that don't buy into his lies and bashing... names.

What grade, or pre-school would that person be in ?

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Any first grader can call another association names. But sooner or later you have to start asking yourself the tough questions.

Why were InterNACHI's free, online courses awarded nearly 700 government approvals? Why does InterNACHI's website get 260 million hits a year? Why is InterNACHI so successful in so many countries around the world? Why does InterNACHI have so many members in both licensed and unlicensed states? Why is InterNACHI so popular in Canada? Why is InterNACHI able to offer so many money-making benefits for their dues? Why does InterNACHI's message board get so much activity. Why is InterNACHI's renewal rate so high? Why is InterNACHI able to provide so many inspection business success tools? Why are so many inspection industry vendors aligned with or owned by InterNACHI? Why, in the past couple years, when all other inspection associations were shrinking, did InterNACHI expand in so many areas? Why is InterNACHI so big in indoor air, commercial inspections, and infrared. Why does the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Energy work with InterNACHI? Why is InterNACHI's website so amazing? Why do so many P.E.s join InterNACHI? Why are InterNACHI's advanced inspection courses so popular? Why did InterNACHI's website grow to over 235,000 pages? What is going on here? !!!

Or you can just sit back, scratch your head, and call us names.
    Because you are a for profit corporation, not a home inspector association, no matter what you want to call it or list it as.

The profits, salary, what ever you want to call it to the higher ups/owners is staggering, no matter how they want to list it.

If non profit associations handled their business and the heads of those Associations made fortunes off of everything they did then theirs would be what you claim your company to be. It is not hard to figure out why a true non profit association like ASHI has a very large inspector list and always has. If the heads of non profits took in what the owner/s of your company did then theirs would seriously take off.

Just say there is 7,000 inspectors that pay INACHI 250.00. 7000x250=1,759,000.00 per year take. Now take all the money the owner gets from all the companies they push to all there 7,000 members etc etc etc etc. Now take the real numbers for the money coming in. I would say your companies owner makes himself a nice fat paycheck every year. Now take out what the owner pays folks for salaries and overhead. How many real employees, how much overhead, what is left over for the owner.

Your companies is nothing but a marketing corporation. Not home inspector association. I really do not want to think of what your companies owner really brings in.

Last edited by Ted Menelly; 03-13-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Justin Tyme Guest

Wait a second! Let's get this into perspective here because it sounds like the Club Owner gets to keep most of that. If we follow Brian's 'Cost of doing Business' it would look more like this:

(Everyone can keep adding to the list if they so choose)

$500,000.00 (Expense) - Spent on Attorney to drive NAHI in circles so they waste their money. (What a ROI for club members - now that's some bragging rights)

$17.50/hr + $1.00/delusional post (Expense) - Emporer's acute paranoia requires having hired help to monitor the internet and perform damage control, even on a Sunday? (some chromosome damage there for sure after that last posted list)

$57.00 for oodles of FREE messageboard giveaways to those successful club members who only take that crap to be polite. (like toy poodles that haven't gotten their biscuit for two weeks)

$52,000.00 (Expense) Webmaster salary to create 235,000 webpages, only to rank last on the totem pole when someone searches the most significant search terms in the Home Inspection industry. (even the Google spider recognizes b^!!$*!t when it looks to rank a site with relevance)

$5,000.00 (Expense) Have Staff research and plan conventions which are never executed. (well worth it to have club members feel good during the short few month's of announcements only to be let down year after year)

$250,000.00 (Expense) Useless publications which eventually need to be given away as consolation prizes by the boxload because no one wants them. (can you guess who owns the printing company that prints that crap? No bids on those jobs for sure! You think the club members got overcharged?)

I could go on but you get the picture. The Club Owner is lucky to walk away with a pittance of salary while Nanette here at least earns overtime pay with every bit if dribble on this message board.

So let me see if I have your theory right.

The brilliant theory you've come up with, which is supposed to explain why InterNACHI was awarded nearly 700 government approvals, why InterNACHI's website gets 260 million hits a year, why InterNACHI is so successful in so many countries around the world, why InterNACHI has so many members in both licensed and unlicensed states, why InterNACHI is so popular in Canada, why InterNACHI is able to offer so many money-making benefits for their dues, why InterNACHI's message board gets so much activity, why InterNACHI's renewal rate is so high, why InterNACHI is able to provide so many inspection business success tools, why so many inspection industry vendors are aligned with or owned by InterNACHI, why, in the past couple years, when all other inspection associations were shrinking, InterNACHI expanded in so many areas, why InterNACHI is so big in indoor air, commercial inspections, and infrared, why the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Energy works with InterNACHI, why InterNACHI's website is so amazing, why do so many P.E.s join InterNACHI, why InterNACHI's advanced inspection courses are so popular, and why InterNACHI's website grew to over 235,000 pages, is because InterNACHI's staffers waste money and bilk the organization of all its funds.

Hm. Interesting theory. Maybe a few holes in it? LOL!

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Randy King Guest

Lisa, we've all it heard before, your proud of your association and its so popular . I think it's time for you to tout your biased beliefs and opinons of your org. somewhere else. For the professional inspectors which actually work within this industry and have experienced the multiple facets of it, we all know what your org. and intentions are here and it's getting a little old. Go be an inspector for a few years, try some other flavors and then come back and tell us your opinions.

Justin Tyme Guest

Bruce,

Congrats on passing the NHIE.

It's a good milestone to raise your own bar of knowledge. Many of us have also taken the NAHI CRI exam, regardless of affiliation or not, to quench one's thirst for conquering a legitimate professional accolade.

Gentleman,

Cease engaging in conversation with a child that doesn't even own a business or have professional experience in the occupation of being a Home Inspector.

The repetitive dialogue is comparable to a dependent child who has no clue yet about life and helplessly succumbs to an adult to feeding it some puree'd green peas, only to regurgitate it over and over.

Ooops! Let me wipe that little bitty chin of yours. Maybe next time your Sugar Daddy will put a bib on you.

Everyone just give Bruce a pat on the back and leave quickly before the child gets some of that green stuff on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post

Gentleman,

Cease engaging in conversation with a child that doesn't even own a business or have professional experience in the occupation of being a Home Inspector.
    Not a bad suggestion.. On the lead topic she made it clear to Gary S. that she is not here to share experiences in the field.
    She's only here stalking us to sell memberships to her club.

www.inspectaz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    Not a bad suggestion.. On the lead topic she made it clear to Gary S. that she is not here to share experiences in the field.
    She's only here stalking us to sell memberships to her club.

Hold the phone !

I do not think that anything is clear.

Because this thread has turned into a pissing contest.

Clarity is a mater of perception.
    No two people see the same thing, they see versions of that thing.

Lisa--- Since you are so very engaged in this thread would you answer the question that I have been trying to get answered on the thread dealing with the EPA RRP Certification?

Lead Abatement Enforcement http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...-new-post.html
    Does InterNACHI have the certified trainers in place to provide the required hands on training as required for the completion of the InterNACHI free EPA RRP certification to members, so that the certification can be completed and registered with the EPA for that member????

Where are these certified trainers located ???
    Are there any in the Baltimore - DC area ??

Why does this seem to be a top secret, that you have to join InterNACHI to get ( you said that that information is only offered to members )??

Is there a problem with confirming the validity of InterNACHI free certification offer to members| ??

Is there a problem with demonstrating to a prospective member that the certification is not a bogus offer ??

If the certification can not be used to register with the EPA then it is not worth much, if it can be registered with the EPA then it has great value,,, which is it?

Sorry folks for throwing this into your pissing match. So many axes to grind and so little time. Not intended to distract you, but just trying to get an answer to what I thought was a simple question of confirmation of an offers validity. Getting a little frustrated in the other thread...

Justin Tyme Guest

Garry,

I warned you. Looks like she got some on ya'.

You've been Punk'd by NACHO

Lisa--- Since you are so very engaged in this thread would you answer the question that I have been trying to get answered on the thread dealing with the EPA RRP Certification?

Lead Abatement Enforcement http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...-new-post.html
    Does InterNACHI have the certified trainers in place to provide the required hands on training as required for the completion of the InterNACHI free EPA RRP certification to members, so that the certification can be completed and registered with the EPA for that member????

Where are these certified trainers located ???
    Are there any in the Baltimore - DC area ??

Why does this seem to be a top secret, that you have to join InterNACHI to get ( you said that that information is only offered to members )??

Is there a problem with confirming the validity of InterNACHI free certification offer to members| ??

Is there a problem with demonstrating to a prospective member that the certification is not a bogus offer ??

If the certification can not be used to register with the EPA then it is not worth much, if it can be registered with the EPA then it has great value,,, which is it?
    Answered in order asked.
    • Yes.
    • Yes.
    • Across the U.S.
    • Yes.
    • So that non-members like you don't call our instructors and ask them a bunch of questions like the ones you've asked here.
    • No, there is not a problem. You can see the EPA certificate here. I guess you would have to call the EPA to "confirm it's validity."
    • No, there is not a problem, but it isn't an offer, it is an InterNACHI course and an InterNACHI member benefit. None of our 700 government approvals are "bogus" but it shouldn't matter since it isn't available to you anyway.
    • Yes, it can be used.

Last edited by Lisa Endza; 03-17-2011 at 09:00 PM.
    Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Why does InterNACHI's website get 260 million hits a year? Why is InterNACHI so successful in so many countries around the world? Why does InterNACHI have so many members in both licensed and unlicensed states? Why is InterNACHI so popular in Canada? Why is InterNACHI able to offer so many money-making benefits for their dues? Why does InterNACHI's message board get so much activity. Why is InterNACHI's renewal rate so high? Why is InterNACHI able to provide so many inspection business success tools? Why are so many inspection industry vendors aligned with or owned by InterNACHI? Why, in the past couple years, when all other inspection associations were shrinking, did InterNACHI expand in so many areas? Why is InterNACHI so big in indoor air, commercial inspections, and infrared. Why does the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Energy work with InterNACHI? Why is InterNACHI's website so amazing? Why do so many P.E.s join InterNACHI? Why are InterNACHI's advanced inspection courses so popular? Why did InterNACHI's website grow to over 235,000 pages? What is going on here? !!!
    Why? Because for the low, low price of $289 and by completing an online spelling test anyone can become a Nachi Certified Home Inspector and start duping the home buyers to pay them to do something they have no business doing. Nachi promises to never audit your records and works hard to keep outsiders from investigating their business practices. So don't worry about that pesky independent third party certification. Nachi doesn't need that outside certification. You passed your spelling test and your check didn't bounce so you're Nachi Certified. And, as long as you keep paying your fees each year, you can keep duping the public. Nachi was made with the intention to make money for Nicko. As a real estate agent he saw how easy it was to pass out certifications to home inspectors so they could advertise themselves as Certified. Knowing certified has no meaning whatsoever without independent third party accreditation and knowing the general public wasn't aware of this he decided to capitalize on it and make a ton of cash. So for the inspectors looking for the easy way out, they choose the Nicky Mouse Club. For those of us who actually take pride in our profession we take the road less traveled.

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Which of the certification courses are you talking about? I've taken most of them and I don't remember any spelling questions. Most are in excess of 25,000 words with hundreds of photos and diagrams, embedded video, downloadable course material, dozens of quizzes, and long final exams.

It is my job to submit hard-copy versions to government agencies for approval. Many of them, when printed out, end up being a 6" thick stack of paper. If you piled up all the hard-copy versions, the stack would be over 4 foot tall.

For example, InterNACHI's EPA-approved lead certification course, which is the topic this thread drifted to, is very robust for an 8-hour course.

InterNACHI's online Lead Safety for Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) course includes:
    • 10 sections;
    • 312-page student manual (downloadable PDF);
    • 5 instructional videos;
    • many pictures and graphics;
    • 8 quizzes;
    • a 45-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool);
    • instant grading;
    • a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion; and
    • EPA approval, accreditations and state approvals.
    And it covers the following categories:
    • Introduction
    • Welcome
    • Course Agenda
    • Training Manual Overview
    • You Will Learn
    • Module 1
    • Why Be Concerned About Lead?
    • What is Lead-Based Paint?
    • Symptoms of Lead Poisoning
    • Tiny Amounts of Lead
    • Why are Dust and Debris a Problem?
    • A Little Dust Goes a Long Way
    • Sweetener Packet Math
    • Contractor Discusses Lead
    • Parent Discusses Child Poisoning
    • Now You Know
    • You Should Know
    • Module 2
    • Regulations
    • EPA HUD OSHA
    • The RRP Rule
    • The RRP Rule: Exclusions
    • Opt-Out Provision
    • Firm Certification
    • Firm Responsibilities
    • Individual Certification
    • Certified Renovator Responsibilities
    • Work Practice Standards
    • Enforcement
    • HUD’s Lead Safe Housing Rule
    • HUD’s Work Safe Practices
    • HUD’s Rule and Differences
    • Know the EPA and HUD Rules
    • State and Local Regulations
    • Now You Know
    • Module 3
    • Before Beginning Work
    • Educate Owners and Residents
    • How Widespread is Lead-Based Paint?
    • Determine if Lead-Based Paint is Present
    • EPA-Recognized Test Kits
    • Test Kits Video
    • Testing and Lead Safe Practices
    • Hands-On: Test Kit
    • Using Decision Logic Charts
    • Now You Know
    • Module 4
    • Contain Dust During Work
    • What is Containment?
    • Keep Dust Within the Containment
    • Limit Access and Post Signs
    • Remove or Cover Belongings
    • Cover Floors
    • Close Windows, Doors & HVAC
    • Work Area Entry Doorway
    • Overview of Interior Containment Steps
    • Exterior Containment
    • Establish Work Area
    • Close Windows and Doors
    • Extra Precautions
    • Overview of Exterior Containment Steps
    • Prepare the Work Area Video
    • Hands-On Exercises
    • Skill Set #2 through #5
    • Debrief of Hands-On Exercise
    • Now You Know
    • Module 5
    • Overview
    • During the Work
    • Traditional Renovations Create Dust
    • Prohibited Practices
    • Specialized Tools
    • Protect Yourself
    • Control the Spread of Dust
    • Cleaning During the Job
    • Exercise: PPE
    • Skill Set #6
    • Now You Know
    • Module 6
    • Cleaning Activities and Checking Your Work
    • Effective Cleanup
    • Interior Cleaning Requirements
    • Visual Inspection Procedure
    • Cleaning Verification Procedure
    • Dust Clearance Examination
    • Exterior Cleanup Requirements
    • Checking Effectiveness of Cleaning
    • Disposal
    • Disposal: Fed, State and Local
    • Exercise: Cleaning
    • Skill Set #7 through #11
    • Now You Know
    • You Should Know
    • Module 7
    • Recordkeeping
    • On-The-Job Records
    • Pre-Renovation Education Records
    • Sample Confirmation of Receipt
    • Non-Certified Worker Training
    • Test Kit Reporting
    • Post-Renovation Reporting
    • Now You Know
    • You Should Know
    • Module 8
    • Training Non-Certified Renovation Workers
    • Training Responsibility
    • Teaching Lead Safe Practices
    • The Role of the Certified
    • The Role of the Non-Certified
    • Teaching Lead Safety
    • Use the “Steps” Guide
    • Steps 1 through 7
    • Training Documentation
    • Now You Know
    • You Should Know
    • Appendices
    • Appendix #1: RRP Rule
    • Appendix #2: HUD Requirements
    • Appendix #3: Renovate Right
    • Appendix #4: Compliance Guide
    • Appendix #5: LEAD SAFE
    • Appendix #6: Exercise
    • Appendix #7: State and Local Regs
    • Appendix #8: Waste Generated
    • Appendix #9: More Information
    Now if you personally believe it should be longer, don't complain to InterNACHI, the EPA mandated the outline. The EPA is a Federal agency, so complain to the White House I guess.

I couldn't help noticing that you have an ASHI logo on your website. Do you really think that a member of ASHI, a society that still has no approved courses, should be complaining about InterNACHI and its 700 government approvals? Kind of like a Junior High cheerleader complaining about the NFL.

Last edited by Lisa Endza; 03-17-2011 at 11:08 PM.
    Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Which of the certification courses are you talking about? I've taken most of them and I don't remember any spelling questions.
    Lisa, now you done did it!

The above statement says it all.
    You have taken (and probably passed) most of the certification courses. According to NACHI, YOU are now a Certified Home Inspector. Yet, you probably have never completed a home inspection.

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE???????

Opps, open mouth, insert foot!!!!

Answered in order asked.
    • Yes.
    • Yes.
    • Across the U.S.
    • Yes.
    • So that non-members like you don't call our instructors and ask them a bunch of questions like the ones you've asked here.
    • No, there is not a problem. You can see the EPA certificate here. I guess you would have to call the EPA to "confirm it's validity."
    • No, there is not a problem, but it isn't an offer, it is an InterNACHI course and an InterNACHI member benefit. None of our 700 government approvals are "bogus" but it shouldn't matter since it isn't available to you anyway.
    • Yes, it can be used.

Back to the major question that you can not answer with any clarity.
    Ok, you say that there are certified instructors that can complete the EPA RRP on-line certification course in the Baltimore area. How far from Baltimore would someone have to go to get the hands on training that is require??

You say that you are refusing to provide evidence that these EPA RRP certified training instructors on the basis that you don't want people (InterNACHI non-members) calling them to ask questions.

Its not about asking them questions it is about just verifying that they exist and are certified to train.

Their certification can be checked on-line.

No need to call other than to see if in fact they are actually participating with InternNACHI as instructors.

To often claims are made that fall short when scrutinized closely.
    I like many no longer take any claim at face value, we want to see that it is true via verification.

Something that sounds to good to be true, usually isn't that good.

Prove me wrong. Provide some verifiable verification that there are actually InterNACHI EPA RRP certified instructors participating in the free training.

Are there any of these instructors within 30 miles of Baltimore, Maryland????????

David Nice Guest

Lightbulb Re: National exam

<snip> Kind of like a Junior High cheerleader complaining about the NFL.
    Good One. Your in rare form. There is a lot of that going around. Perhaps Inspector Outlet should sell them some pom-poms.

Which of the certification courses are you talking about?

I couldn't help noticing that you have an ASHI logo on your website. Do you really think that a member of ASHI, a society that still has no approved courses, should be complaining about InterNACHI and its 700 government approvals? Kind of like a Junior High cheerleader complaining about the NFL.
    I'm talking about the short quiz you give online in order to join and claim to be certified once the spelling quiz is passes and the fees are paid. I'm not talking about the other sham online, non proctored quizzes you have.

Yes, I have an ASHI logo on my website. It's something that I earned. I didn't just pay my dues and take a spelling test. Plus, ASHI doesn't require I use their logo, like Nicko does. I used it because I've earned it and I'm proud of it. But, I don't speak for ASHI. As far as I know no employee or owner of ASHI has ever publicly complained about any other group of inspectors. Keep in mind, ASHI is an association. It is not a business or a school. It doesn't provide the training needed to be an inspector. Nachi, on the other hand, is a business with a sole owner, a real estate agent, who deceives the public by portraying his business as an association.

It's funny how you didn't even bother to defend the allegations that I levied, but chose to answer with another free ad.

David Nice Guest

Thumbs down Re: National exam

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post

$500,000.00 (Expense) - Spent on Attorney to drive NAHI in circles so they waste their money. (What a ROI for club members - now that's some bragging rights)

You revealed how bogus your contentions are when you lead off legal matters that were brought on by NAHI to drive NACHI in circles and waste their money by bringing a frivolous suit that would have ended up wasting everyone's money.

NACHI moved quickly to end the action by settling to prevent the bleeding of members money by settling in a very generous way by changing the logo (and even the name).
    The joke is, had this actually gone to court it would have done more damage to NAHI than it would have to NACHI.

The primary issue was over the allegation that the NACHI logo was too similar to the NAHI logo. Now, if anyone actually would take time to look at the two logos side by side it would show just how ludicrous the allegation was. The legal filing actually cited the use of a house in the logo made it too much like the NAHI logo. The allegations in the filing went on with line after line of allegations that were pulled out of thin air and could and would never be found to be true.

Back to the point. Since your first example is so totally turned around, what might that say about the rest of your drivel? (Rhetorical Question).

Again, this is something I know everything about because I was there. Our in-house attorneys intentionally kept you in court for so long to keep you spending. Even the judge figured out what the Cohens were doing and got mad at us. You sued for millions, but in the end, flat broke, you settled with Nick for no money! You ended up with nothing but legal bills. All you did was spend your members' dues to make Nick do something he had already done years earlier. Look it up. Now compare your group to InterNACHI. You barely have any members left and no membership benefits. In contrast, InterNACHI grew into a global conglomerate with operations all over the world. You got played. Now you're irrelevant. Take it like a man.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Nice View Post
    You revealed how bogus your contentions are when you lead off legal matters that were brought on by NAHI to drive NACHI in circles and waste their money by bringing a frivolous suit that would have ended up wasting everyone's money.

NACHI moved quickly to end the action by settling to prevent the bleeding of members money by settling in a very generous way by changing the logo (and even the name).
    The joke is, had this actually gone to court it would have done more damage to NAHI than it would have to NACHI.

The primary issue was over the allegation that the NACHI logo was too similar to the NAHI logo. Now, if anyone actually would take time to look at the two logos side by side it would show just how ludicrous the allegation was. The legal filing actually cited the use of a house in the logo made it too much like the NAHI logo. The allegations in the filing went on with line after line of allegations that were pulled out of thin air and could and would never be found to be true.

Back to the point. Since your first example is so totally turned around, what might that say about the rest of your drivel? (Rhetorical Question).
    Apparently what Nachi actually did and what they told their members were two different things. lol

gene schafer Guest

Passing a test doesn't make a good home inspector. Book learning is a help but if you can receive practical training by different trades by them letting you follow along with them for a day it probably will enhance the book learning. Most of the trades are glad to show pointers and help with your education. Same with college your more rounded coming out but you get your real education in the field

David Nice Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rowe View Post
    Apparently what Nachi actually did and what they told their members were two different things. lol
    Having spent a lot of time in the civil court system (not as a litigant), the time they spent seemed pretty quick to me. If they ran them in circles, good for them and bad for the Plaintiff. I have friends who are NAHI members and many were ticked off about spending money on such a frivolous action.

I also have friends that quit NAHI as long as 4 years ago that are still listed as members. Of course they are happy to get the free listing, even if the NAHI President gets top listing in the search of 20 miles around his zip code.

Some people have no ethical dilemmas for one very good reason (and it ain't cause they are pure as the driven snow).

David;

Now that Lisa took all those exams, is she a 'Certified' inspector??

DAVID

NAHI----NACHI--what don't you see for the general public

take the L out of LOVER and it spells OVER

cvf

David Nice Guest

Question Re: National exam

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIE VAN FLEET View Post
    DAVID

NAHI----NACHI--what don't you see for the general public

take the L out of LOVER and it spells OVER

cvf
    Huh???

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    Prove me wrong. Provide some verifiable verification that there are actually InterNACHI EPA RRP certified instructors participating in the free training.
    I am offering free Lead-Safe Certified RRP training in Boulder, Colorado. You are welcome to come. Ben Gromicko's Chapter of the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors - Event List I am the EPA-approved instructor (EPA Principal Course Instructor). If you're not a member of IntN, you're still welcome.

Last edited by Benjamin Gromicko; 03-26-2011 at 01:01 PM.

David

let me explain--take the c out of NACHI and it is NAHI--THUS THE LAWSUIT

l out of lover spells over

ok

cvf

Well the "c" is still there. International is bigger than national and certified is better than not. They sued for money and got squat.

Hey, that rhymes!

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12