Thread: what the ?

Default what the ?

Bath sink drain ...

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Default Re: what the ?

Weird. Whatever it is it appears to have leaked judging by the stains.

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Without xray vision I'll hazard a guess you're looking at a bottle trap set in the floor of the vanity, a type of internal partition trap, which are not allowed by most codes (partitions can fail/erode allowing passage of gas and they don't scour, hence the handy clean out at the top for clearing snags).

Quote Originally Posted by H.G. Watson, Sr. View Post
    Without xray vision I'll hazard a guess you're looking at a bottle trap set in the floor of the vanity, a type of internal partition trap, which are not allowed by most codes (partitions can fail/erode allowing passage of gas and they don't scour, hence the handy clean out at the top for clearing snags).
    Thanks. This is below an S trap in a 1974 home, if that makes any difference. S traps are rampant in these parts, even in new construction. I imagine many inspectors don't even bother.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    Thanks. This is below an S trap in a 1974 home, if that makes any difference. S traps are rampant in these parts, even in new construction. I imagine many inspectors don't even bother.
    It's a big step up from the slop bucket under the table tho, ain't it? What yer problem?