daniel nantell Guest

Default Re: Cap and Trade bill;

Quote Originally Posted by daniel nantell View Post
    What will the Cap and Trade bill do If passed to the Home Inspection business and Home Sales, any comments.
    The Cap and Trade bill is intended to cap (or set a limit) to the total carbon produced in the U.S. Big carbon producers (energy companies) would be given limits for their carbon production. They would be able to trade (or sell) their unused carbon allotment to other companies.

I don't really see this affecting the HI industry.

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Cap and Trade is just a tax program operating under the guise of limiting carbon dioxide production. Don't exhale! (think about it)

Of course it will affect the real estate industry just like everything else in our lives. If it uses carbon based energy then there will be a tax on it.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Ron Bibler Guest

If you think its not going to cost you think some more... We are all in for a ride its just that the train has not got into the station yet... It is one of the most amazing things to see so many smart HI not even look at this bill. Its going to cost big companies a lot of money. thats trucking to factory's to grocery, clothing, home building products and the list is never ending. you will pay big time. They say $ 3,900 per home i think its going to be more

All because the World is on fire you known... B.S. The sky is falling

Best

Ron

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Ron Bibler; 11-22-2009 at 09:14 AM.

Darrel Hood Guest

How it will impact HI:

Cost side - gas, vehicle, computer, camera, ladder, paper, everything else more expensive.

Revenue side - Sales reduced.

Additional taxes are just the thing to help the struggling economy.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Ted Menelly Guest

Carbon smarbon.

Back to the carbon Tax. Yes it is nothing but a tax on everything you can possibly mention or think about. Yes it will have an affect on the home inspection industry and every industry.

Ron Bibler Guest

Now lets add health care cost to the mix... OUCH

Stupid Fargen Iceholes....

Yup thats what we need to be thinking about at this time...

Best

Ron

Amazing that again the money makers have figured out how to make money off nothing. A new commodity to be traded. Masters of the universe and 10 million dollar bonus are back................

If a man empties his purse into his head no one can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Vernon View Post
    Amazing that again the money makers have figured out how to make money off nothing. A new commodity to be traded. Masters of the universe and 10 million dollar bonus are back................
    Bad News for The Small Businessman & Medium Sized Companies.

Large International Companies will Squeeze them out of Business as they Buy up the Available Carbon Credits to reduce competition
    * no Federal Carbon Credits = You Can't be in Business.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Bad News for The Small Businessman & Medium Sized Companies.

Large International Companies will Squeeze them out of Business as they Buy up the Available Carbon Credits to reduce competition
    * no Federal Carbon Credits = You Can't be in Business.
    Thanks Bill

Just what I needed. Someone more direct and blunt about the screwing of American small business

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Carbon smarbon.

Back to the carbon Tax. Yes it is nothing but a tax on everything you can possibly mention or think about. Yes it will have an affect on the home inspection industry and every industry.
    I can see it now. The realtors will be turning us in if it takes more than 30 seconds to disclose the defects.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

I can't believe how many citizens are totally clueless to what their government is doing. The lying politicians depend on this ignorance of the citizens.

Lately, it seems like the hidden agenda is all about social engineering. I think it's bad for America and therefore bad for the entire world. It's scary and dangerous.

Why should anyone work hard anymore? Lets just all relax and stick out our hands. Meanwhile, the tyrants of the world are strengthening and gaining ground.

chris mcintyre Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Dirks Jr View Post
    I can't believe how many citizens are totally clueless to what their government is doing. The lying politicians depend on this ignorance of the citizens.

Lately, it seems like the hidden agenda is all about social engineering. I think it's bad for America and therefore bad for the entire world. It's scary and dangerous.

Why should anyone work hard anymore? Lets just all relax and stick out our hands. Meanwhile, the tyrants of the world are strengthening and gaining ground.
    This is very true, and that is the scary part!

Hi, I'm new here but thought I would chime in. If this bill passes it will require all home's that go on the market to have an energy audit completed and may require upgrades as well.

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Russell View Post
    Hi, I'm new here but thought I would chime in. If this bill passes it will require all home's that go on the market to have an energy audit completed and may require upgrades as well.
    And that will be a death nail in home sales. To require an old home be up graded when the sellers has no money for this stuff

Best

Ron

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    And that will be a death nail in home sales. To require an old home be up graded when the sellers has no money for this stuff

Best

Ron
    They are already doing it in the more soutnern parts of Texas.

They do not require (yet) the upgrades to be made but does require the home seller to pay for it and disclose it.

So, I guess that on a scale of 1 to 10 your home gets about a 3, figuritively speaking, gives the possible buyer that one more negative to the home he wishes to buy and goes elsewhere. Also the buyer is still getting his home inspection (I have to think when this finally sinks in that home inspection will not be asked for as much).

Also have you noticed the marketers for the class for energy auditing has gone crazy lately trying to suck in a grand or mor and try to sell equipment for energy audits.

We do pretty dam close to an energy audit with out actually putting the numbers in the mix and doing a blower door test.

I know all the guys that took the class will baulk at this but here goes. I think and energy audit is a load of crap. As I say we test the HVAC, water heater, ducts to a certain point, ventilation, insulation, caulking and weather stripping of openings etc etc etc etc. To have a seller pay for an audit and then not do anything about it is useless. To have an audit then make them pay for upgrades is criminal. To put an extra burden on a home sale is absolutely ridiculous at this time.

Home sales still going south in many areas. double digit unemployment and thats only what they can verify thru employers and unemployment bureaus. Homes sales went up last month when everyone thought the credits were going away. Went back down for a couple weeks and are picking up agtain slightly cause the credit is back on.

You folks that do energy audits please spare the banter. I seriously have heard it all before and I still think it is a rip off to the consumer when selling a home.

chris mcintyre Guest

I think and energy audit is a load of crap.
    I disagree when you are talking about new construction. I was skeptical at first, but following energy star guidelines can make a big difference in energy consumption (which can save a lot of money) and air quality.

I still think it is a rip off to the consumer when selling a home.
    I do agree with you here, especially with older homes, where the obvious like adding insulation, weatherstripping doors and windows, etc... can make a huge difference in energy savings.

I guess the bigger point is that it should be up to the individual to decide how far they want to go, and what they can afford in upgrades, not a mandate by the government.

Ted Menelly Guest

And I do all the same things and more to a newer home. I find poorly distributed insulated, improperly cocked windows, weather striping on exterior door where you can see light thru in several area duct connections, no caps on clean outs on evaporator condensation drain lines, or no clean out at all or trap on the secondary drain line 14 seer units drawing to much juice at start up, unsealed and uninsulated pull down stairs etc etc etc etc in a large majority of homes that have had the energy star stamp of approval. Builders are pissed at me telling me I don't know what I am talking about only to get pissed at the energy star inspector when they realize their energy star folks blew it.

Sorry. Energy star stamp on most of the foreheads doing them is a waste of the clients money because, yes, the builder does not do anything for nothing, he puts it into the cost of the home. An inspector will tell the builder everything he truly needs to know about his home being built properly, Energy star is just another way for controlling something that gets controlled anyway by a good home inspector coming behind the trades to check things out.

They need an inspection to building standards. Which means to energy standards of what is needed to be at least to a minimum energy standard.

1200.00 or more for a school to stamp your forehead ...... Highway robbery.

500 min to the builder that he passes on to the client.

I had my first builder refuse to fix several very obvious items in need of repair having to do with energy. The client walked. The builder did not fix it because his man was energy star stamped and approved blah blah blah. Missing caulking everywhere, to obvious tares in duct. 3 blow in your face duct connections at a couple plenum's, insulation etc etc etc

Anyway I am sure there are good energy star inspectors out there but they are about as good as some inspectors. Most inspectors will miss something, somewhere, sometime, so don't energy stars inspectors and they are really looking at no more of consequence than a good home inspector that knows what and how to inspect a home.

Again, I am done. This is seriously the wrong time in life to hinder anything to do with homes sales. Way to much going on out there for all these programs and expenditures and compliance and health care and cap and trade and energy audits and and

Hi Ted, one point your missing is when an energy audit is done you can record quantitative numbers in regard to air leakage, this combined with thermal imaging will show all the area's of the home that should be included in the work scope.
    Not only am I a home inspector, but I am also a contractor, have been for 25 years. My company is a certified state of NH weatherization contractor. When I receive a purchase order for weatherization the first thing we do is set up the blower door to get the cfm@50, we then complete the work scope as outlined by the state auditor and re-test. I also use thermal imaging in conjunction with the blower door for enhanced air sealing. We always see our CFM #s drop and know for a fact that the work scope has been completed correctly. These are for older home's and not new construction.

This is how New Hampshire's state weatherization program works and this work is funded by federal stimulus money. I think the new emerging field of performance contracting is the way to go. Here in NH we have no contractor licensing, we do for HI, which is a whole other topic. I set my company apart from the rest because I an show my clients quantitative numbers on the work we do, before and after and document these finding in a report.

The point I'm also trying to make is most state's and the government have a system in place now and with the big push on energy conservation, combined with a liberal house and senate, it will be very easy to implement this. I don't agree that the government should mandate home improvements as this does not benefit the free market and the energy performance trade's could be taken over by the likes of Lowe's and Home depot who have the financial resources to dominate the market.

A new program that was announced recently, called cash for caulker's is being seriously looked at by the Obama administration. This program will give home owner incentive's to make energy upgrades to their home's, in turn the government hope to create 500,000 new job's, mainly in the home performance sector but will also add 2 billion for creation of quality control/ auditing job's

Do I agree with all this, absolutely not. I think that the ability for a contractor to show their client hard numbers, before and after a remodel is very good for our industry. Should the government mandate and fund it, NO!

With that said, anyone who has thought of adding auditing or thermal imaging to their HI business probably won't be sorry because more than likely it will happen. I look at it the same way the government started testing emission controls on cars, same principle to home's.

Sorry for the long winded response.

Last edited by Peter Russell; 11-26-2009 at 06:51 AM.

Here is the article I was referring to in my post. Enjoy!

Proposed HOME STAR program under consideration by the Obama Administration to offer $23 billion in incentives for home performance projects, create 500,000 jobs

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI), a nationally recognized standards development and contractor credentialing organization for residential energy efficiency retrofit work, applauds a proposed nationwide residential energy efficiency retrofit program called HOME STAR that was unveiled last week in a New York Times article and accompanying blog post by David Leonhardt.

Also dubbed 'Cash for Caulkers,' HOME STAR is designed to encourage homeowners to weatherize their homes in order to create more than 500,000 new jobs. Venture capitalist John Doerr presented the program at a meeting of President's Economic Recovery Advisory Board (PERAB) on Nov. 2, 2009. The plan is now under keen consideration by the White House, according to statements made by Rahm Emanuel, President Obama's chief of staff, to the New York Times.

"The nationwide unemployment rate is at 10 percent, but the construction industry is one of the hardest hit at 17 percent. The need to install energy efficiency improvement tactics on 5.9 million homes will bring people back to work," says David Hepinstall, BPI's Chairman of the Board. "Struggling contracting companies can transition their business model or a portion of their business completely into weatherization services, including whole-home energy audits and the development of work scopes for energy retrofit improvements, or with appropriate training and certification, begin to incorporate some weatherization improvement measures into their existing areas of expertise."

The proposed program would provide $23 billion in funding: $18 billion for homeowner incentives, $2 billion for quality assurance audits on efficiency projects and $3 billion for retailer incentives and awareness-building activities.

The HOME STAR program also represents a massive opportunity for existing home performance professionals. The increased demand for energy efficiency retrofits that HOME STAR is expected to generate across the country will help existing home performance contractors build their businesses and accelerate their return on investment from their training and certification.

"They'll be leading this initiative because they already have the skills, knowledge and experience they need to do the work and do it right," says Hepinstall.

The proposed HOME STAR program also supports the Obama Administration's environmental goals, complementing the Retrofit for Energy and Environmental Performance (REEP) program and legislation in the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009. Homes contribute 21% of America's total greenhouse gas emissions. Energy efficiency retrofits can reduce a home's energy consumption by as much as 40%, saving considerable greenhouse gas emissions. These deep energy savings will also help to protect American families from volatile energy prices and supply issues.

"BPI is very pleased with the recommendations in the HOME STAR proposal, in particular the call for formal training, professional credentials and a robust quality assurance program to protect both tax dollar and homeowner investments in the improvements," says BPI CEO Larry Zarker. "We support this initiative 100 percent and offer our assistance in helping to bring the program to fruition as quickly as possible."

For more information on the proposed HOME STAR program, visit:

New York Times - A Stimulus That Could Save Money http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/18/bu...leonhardt.html
    Economix blog - Cash for Caulkers: The Details
    ‘Cash for Caulkers’: The Details - Economix Blog - NYTimes.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Hi Ted, one point your missing is when an energy audit is done you can record quantitative numbers in regard to air leakage, this combined with thermal imaging will show all the area's of the home that should be included in the work scope.
    Not only am I a home inspector, but I am also a contractor, have been for 25 years. My company is a certified state of NH weatherization contractor. When I receive a purchase order for weatherization the first thing we do is set up the blower door to get the cfm@50, we then complete the work scope as outlined by the state auditor and re-test. I also use thermal imaging in conjunction with the blower door for enhanced air sealing. We always see our CFM #s drop and know for a fact that the work scope has been completed correctly. These are for older home's and not new construction.

This is how New Hampshire's state weatherization program works and this work is funded by federal stimulus money. I think the new emerging field of performance contracting is the way to go. Here in NH we have no contractor licensing, we do for HI, which is a whole other topic. I set my company apart from the rest because I an show my clients quantitative numbers on the work we do, before and after and document these finding in a report.

The point I'm also trying to make is most state's and the government have a system in place now and with the big push on energy conservation, combined with a liberal house and senate, it will be very easy to implement this. I don't agree that the government should mandate home improvements as this does not benefit the free market and the energy performance trade's could be taken over by the likes of Lowe's and Home depot who have the financial resources to dominate the market.

A new program that was announced recently, called cash for caulker's is being seriously looked at by the Obama administration. This program will give home owner incentive's to make energy upgrades to their home's, in turn the government hope to create 500,000 new job's, mainly in the home performance sector but will also add 3 billion for creation of quality control/ auditing job's

Do I agree with all this, absolutely not. I think that the ability for a contractor to show their client hard numbers, before and after a remodel is very good for our industry. Should the government mandate and fund it, NO!

With that said, anyone who has thought of adding auditing or thermal imaging to their HI business probably won't be sorry because more than likely it will happen. I look at it the same way the government started testing emission controls on cars, same principle to home's.

Sorry for the long winded response.

I know exactly what, and where you are coming from.

My biggest and really only complaint is what the thread is all about.

Look at the red highlights above. This is exactly what I am talking about. Where is the savings. There is none. A lot of money comes out of the pockets of everyone else to pay for a large part of this. Lets see ..... save money on energy ... get credits .. get funding.... force one part of the work force to pay the workers to perform these tests and upgrades ... where is the savings. You cannot get savings unless you are talking about taking one persons savings and putting it into another persons pocket and then in the end you pay for it anyway by all the new taxes to pay for all these programs for the rest of your life and your childrens lives and your grand kids lives.

There is no savings at all. There never will be. Someone is going to pay for it and pay for it forever. It is only a matter of how.

Please, I already said I have heard it all and I have .... one hundred fold. I like the idea of making money. I like the idea of expanding business and adding new services. Nothing wrong with any of that at all. But that is with free choice from your clients. not a mandated, shoved down their throat service that the rest of the make up of US citizens will pay for for ever.

The Carbon Tax. The health care tax. Oh yeah, lets have another tax just to pay for the billions in interest for all these programs.

We live in a Democratic society. We don't have to live in a bleeding heart liberal society the borders ever and ever closer to socialism. Many programs we have now are socialist program. Do we want a totally socialist government were eventually you have a handful of folks that are responsible for making the money and them living fat on the hog or do we want a society where everyone has the right and ability to make it or break it themselves.

Many of the top leaders in Washington are crying right now because it does not look like there is enough in the health care package to turn health care quickly into a totally government run program where everyone eventually gets their health care paid for by the well off and yes, even those that are not well off. Where if the government tells you whether or not you can afford to pay xxx out of your pocket every month whether you truly can afford it or not and if you don't you get hefty penalties and fines for not having the coverage you cannot afford.

Racing hard and fast to push forward the massive spending bills riding on the initial popularity of the President in a time of double digit unemployment along with a crashed housing market that we have not even felt yet along with failing banks, auto manufacturers, insurance companies, etc etc etc

What the hell is everyone thinking. We (yes, you and me) are looking at the bright side of "Look at what we can make now" due to these gov mandated programs with tax credits (pay less tax that should be used to pay for the failing economy) vouchers and yes gov programs to outright pay for some of the cost involved. To do what ????? put people back to work that everyone else is mandated to pay for. That is not a free market economy in the slightest and every social gov run country fails miserably after a while and then everyone does poorly.

Yes, it is called hyper inflation when all of this hits us down the road in a couple of years (if not sooner) Then you want to talk about a recession.

The biggest problem is that this and the last "recession" was never allowed to take its full course. It just put it off for some time down the road .. again. When we do really crash and there is no more money to borrow and there are no countries out there that want to bail us out and lend us more money (because we already owe TRILLIONS) *like 12 trillion*

We are all looking on the bright side that will eventually have a very, very, serious dark side down the road.

OOOOOHHHHHH. The doom and gloom guy.

My outlook is certainly no where near all that crap above. I am just way over stating my point. It is going to bite us in the ass.

Ted Menelly Guest

The post after the one I commented on with those billions and billions mentioned that will have to be paid for by everyone with interest forev er is what I am talking about.

My rosey outlook tells me that even though I have been slow lately I will pick back up again but even though I will I will be making less money TO PAY FOR ALL THIS.

Last edited by Ted Menelly; 11-27-2009 at 07:28 AM.

Ted, your comments are unfortunately true. All of this will have to be paid for somewhere down the road.
    My questions to you are 1. If this goes through or the programs like the one here in NH get expanded what will you do? In this down economy I for one need the work and think that this is a good advancement for the contracting industry. 2. What are we going to do when oil hits $200.00 per barrel. The day is coming and if we don't stop wasting energy in our homes the outcome will be worse than what you described in you reply.
    What do you think this country will be like with more than one currency, Us, Euro's and maybe Peso's.
    If we as a nation want to hold onto our sovereignty we need to do something about energy consumption. I like you do not like the idea of government intervention in our home's much less than making our children and grandchildren pay for our mistakes but I for one would rather deal with it within our own capabilities than under a different flag, say the UN?

I'm also very aware of the fact that the outcome may end up the same no matter what we do.

Ron Bibler Guest

Ted, your comments are unfortunately true. All of this will have to be paid for somewhere down the road.
    My questions to you are 1. If this goes through or the programs like the one here in NH get expanded what will you do? In this down economy I for one need the work and think that this is a good advancement for the contracting industry. 2. What are we going to do when oil hits $200.00 per barrel. The day is coming and if we don't stop wasting energy in our homes the outcome will be worse than what you described in you reply.
    What do you think this country will be like with more than one currency, Us, Euro's and maybe Peso's.
    If we as a nation want to hold onto our sovereignty we need to do something about energy consumption. I like you do not like the idea of government intervention in our home's much less than making our children and grandchildren pay for our mistakes but I for one would rather deal with it within our own capabilities than under a different flag, say the UN?

I'm also very aware of the fact that the outcome may end up the same no matter what we do.

I sleep with the heater on 85. and the windows wide open

Love fresh cold air

Best

Ron

Hi Ron, unfortunately where I live I can only sleep with the windows open for about 4 months out of the year.

Here is an example of what we face in colder climates. In the summer of 2008 I wanted to lock in on my oil for the winter, my oil company stopped their program of locking in and would only offer a pre-buy. They said that I average a little less than 1000 gallons per year and the pre-buy price would be $4.59 per gallon. To get this guaranteed price I had to pay in advance, $4599.00!!!!
    That is for one heating season!!! I told them to keep it and bought 5 cords of wood instead for a $1000.00 and supplemented with some oil.

Now granted the price did go down considerably but if it happened once it will surely happen again and one of these years it's going up and won't come down.

Richard Soundy Guest

I have been following this subject matter for well over three years now and here is my take on subject:

UK mandates Energy Audit before a RE Listing can be posted on the market (seller inspection - report belongs to the "home") and in the majority of cases a HCR (home condition report - not mandated at this point in time) is also called for at the same time. This is strictly a measurement/finding to establish what the "home" status is - not a mandate to upgrade! Before any program can be implemented one needs to know this information and there is great benefits within the RE industry in establishing this information before a home sale begins. EU is also in the process of adapting this same UK program - FYI the UK inspectors are making approximately 3 times more per inspection than the average USA inspector!

Energy star is not an energy saver (for older homes) as most older appliances are cycled back to the market thereby making energy use actually increase. The do not "crush the clunker"

Yes, the current "Energy Audit Accreditation" is a waste of time and money and in my opinion is just organizations jumping in on the "fad". It requires higher learning with set standards across all climate zones.

I have no doubt that existing homes are wasting energy and contributing to air pollution. Of course it can be improved, but it will cost - on an existing home the monies cannot be spread across the mortgage term unless it is negotiated at the time of "sale" In many cases (not all) the immediate reduced energy cost + plus a government assistant + payment for upgrade spread across 20/30 years could make it work to everyones benifit. Please note the Climate Warming Cycle will continue on as natural as the laws of motion.

Regards Richard

"Yes, the current "Energy Audit Accreditation" is a waste of time and money and in my opinion is just organizations jumping in on the "fad". It requires higher learning with set standards across all climate zones."

Hi Richard,
    Can you please elaborate on this statement. What is your experience with energy auditor training and it's practical use in the field?

Richard Soundy Guest

Peter,

~3 yrs. involvement with Sustainable Building Council with emphasis on "Daylighting" cost savings
    ~13 yrs in IR engineering/sales
    Design and construction of my own home which is a model for energy/water/sustainability in design.

As stated previously I have been following the subject of Energy related regulation globally for 3 years now. I do believe these regulations will effect my property inspection business in the future.

It was during this time I looked at getting some sort of accreditation. Sadly I found various parties offering "weak" (or perhaps the right word would be limited) education. Bare in mind, as stated in my previous thread it is only "my opinion". Energy measurement and calculations is very broad (eg - daylighting calcs and having an IR camera means very little without training etc...) - I could go through a long list of energy saving potentials in a home. Why is water not part of the savings?

BTW I am aware that LEEDS is revamping their education and proctoring - currently I am not sure what their offering is?

I hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction and would gladly spend time verbally discussing this matter.

Best of regards and happy thanks giving - Richard

Richard, happy Thanksgiving to you as well and thanks for the reply. I enjoy seeing another person perspective on this issue. I have taken the BPI Building Analyst course and have taken ITC Building Science course which I'm applying almost on a daily basis. I think that blower door testing in conjunction with thermal imaging is good for all parties involved but like I said earlier, I don't believe the government should mandate it.

Ron Bibler Guest

Its about 40. out side and I have 3 windows open with the heater on. Love fresh air... we have Just a hint of rain in the air.

Best

Ron

Last edited by Ron Bibler; 11-28-2009 at 12:01 AM.

What everyone will be singing "the Hobama national Anthem"

Trailers for sale or rent
    Rooms to let...fifty cents.
    No phone, no pool, no pets
    I ain't got no cigarettes
    Ah, but..two hours of pushin' broom
    Buys an eight by twelve four-bit room
    I'm a man of means by no means
    King of the road.

Third boxcar, midnight train
    Destination...Bangor, Maine.
    Old worn out suits and shoes,
    I don't pay no union dues,
    I smoke old stogies I have found
    Short, but not too big around
    King of the road.

I know every engineer on every train
    All of their children, and all of their names
    And every handout in every town
    And every lock that ain't locked
    When no one's around.

I sing,
    Trailers for sale or rent
    Rooms to let, fifty cents
    No phone, no pool, no pets
    I ain't got no cigarettes
    Ah, but, two hours of pushin' broom
    Buys an eight by twelve four-bit room
    King of the road.

Charles @ PreVue Property Inspections, Santa Fe, NM
    http://www.prevuepropertyinspections.com/
    "How can someone with glasses so thick be so stupid?"

James Vincent Guest

I believe it was Sheryl Crow who suggested everyone should use one little sheet of toilet paper to wipe with. Maybe we can get our current government to fund that program with a little help from the taxpayer of course, but then again with amount of BS flowing out of Washington that might be a messy program

Ron Bibler Guest

It look like all the post want this cap and tax bill field in the trash...

Best

Ron