Terry Sandmeier Guest

Default Shower ice cycle

Good Day All,

I observed my first shower head ice cycle yesterday. When I arrived at the house for inspection the outside temperature was 9 deg. The inside temp was 23 deg. and no one turned on the heat in the house or winterized the house. OOPS!! As I was looking into the bathrooms I saw this!

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Shower ice cycle

Hmmm. I wonder why they did not either turn on the heat or winterize the house. Did you find any frozen pipes?

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

Terry Sandmeier Guest

Default Re: Shower ice cycle

Bruce,

I believe the owner was caught in one of our first really cold mornings.

They did have a space heater in the crawlspace and heat tape on the well line into the house which kept the house to 23 deg. on the first and second floors. Maybe they thought this was sufficient enough to keep from freezing? One can only speculate this.
    And yes there was frozen pipes to kitchen and the bathroom mentioned before. I think I caught it before major leaking took place. I think that it had froze the night before. I did shut off the water and turned on all of the heat and called the listing agent a.s.a.p. She was on the phone with the owner right away.