Default Oil fill clearance requirements

Does anyone know if there are clearance requirements for oil fill connections from electrical equipment?

(The whistler vent is on the side in the shaded area.)

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Oil fill clearance requirements

I'm not sure about the fill pipe in the picture. What about the vent pipe? I cannot see exactly where it is. It should not be closer than 24 inches to other openings.

Also, it's not the best setup to have that much separation between the fill and vent pipes. It makes it more difficulty for the oil delivery person to hear the whistle.

M2203.5 Vent termination.
    Vent piping shall terminate outside of buildings at a point not less than 2 feet (610 mm), measured vertically or horizontally, from any building opening. Outer ends of vent piping shall terminate in a weather-proof cap or fitting having an unobstructed area at least equal to the cross-sectional area of the vent pipe, and shall be located sufficiently above the ground to avoid being obstructed by snow and ice.

Thanks John.

The vent pipe is hard to see, but it is in the shaded area at rear of house. It is only 5 feet from the corner of the house (about same length as the 275 gal tank) and is correctly positioned and capped.

When I saw the fill so close to the electrical meter, I questioned the clearance, hence, my purpose for the post.

Richard Pultar Guest

none.