Default copper loop, what is this?

Does anyone know the reason for this? maybe a home made watter hammer? this is the water main and it loops up prior to entering the house.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: copper loop, what is this?

My guess is for water treatment installation.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by cory wright View Post
    Does anyone know the reason for this? maybe a home made watter hammer? this is the water main and it loops up prior to entering the house.
    Holes in the wall suggest there may have been some type of fountain or other water decoration in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    My guess is for water treatment installation.
    Yep, prepped for the installation of water treatment equipment, then the water treatment equipment was never installed.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

"appears to be a sunroom or something"

I'll go with "or something" if that includes outside.
    See the tree on the left, and what looks like the back patio.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

the backflow feeds the sprinkler system, the high copper loop isn't protected by the backflow system. the main comes up directly below the hose bib then T's out to feed the backflow/sprinkler system.
    this is on the side of the house (outside) next to the back patio. the holes in the wall look like there used to be a support bracket securing the copper pipe to the wall.

thanks for the help guys. i think previous water system or preperation for a future water system is most likely, just wondering if you guys might have a better guess/answer.
    Jerry, do you ever leave your computer? you always answer so quickly... which is appreciated, by the way.

thnaks again fellas

This may have been a feed for a swamp cooler, that was not installed in favor of AC.

Charles Guinn Guest

Looks like a water softener loop, but I don't understand its location. Can somebody tell me how to start a new thread on this board. Maybe I just can't see the right button to push!?? Thanks

chris mcintyre Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Guinn View Post
    Looks like a water softener loop, but I don't understand its location. Can somebody tell me how to start a new thread on this board. Maybe I just can't see the right button to push!?? Thanks
    Click on the category in which you want to start the thread, there you will see at the top of the page a button switching between "post" & "new thread" click on it, and away you go .