Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default No Poinsettia For You

I was driving by a fellow HIs house is my area after picking up a bunch of cheap poinsettias from a local produce store and he was outside so I stopped and we chatted. I was telling him about how cheap these plants were and that I had gotten 20 of them yesterday and just picked up 15 more today. He said "Oh, for real estate agents?". Uuuuuhhh........nope, just for us at our house.

The thought of presents for the few agents who refer me never even shows up as a tiny blip on my radar screen.

Last edited by Nick Ostrowski; 12-18-2009 at 07:44 AM.
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: No Poinsettia For You

Nick, you may want to re-think your policy. I mean, they ARE poisonous, right?

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Ted Menelly Guest

You folks are hilarious. I for one do not have the greatest luck with Realtors. I just talked to one today after booking an inspection. I asked her if there were any particular home inspectors she refers or just a list or none. She proceeded to tell me about this inspector and that inspector and the Inspector should not have said this and written that and this one is to over board and scares the clients and this one talks top the clients too much etc etc. That wrapped up a half dozen inspectors.

Do you think it may be her with the problem and not the inspectors.

Another one I inadvertently sent an email to called me and started chatting away not realizing that the last three inspections she had the client reschedule because they were not good for her scheduling. Hm, not good for her. I did not hear anything in there about the client or me or the termite folks that were already scheduled. She actually forgot that I told her in a nice but direct way not to refer me again.

Her reply. Oh, that was nothing personal.....just business.

In spite of it all (I know this was all in another thread) I still market Realtors. I lose them faster than I get them sometimes. I always seem to get the ones that want to be my boss and employer. Go figure. Gotta keep those holes filled (no pun intended) between past clients and INTERNET in these slow times.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    Nick, you may want to re-think your policy. I mean, they ARE poisonous, right?
    THAT is funny!

Nick,

This story of marketing to Realtors reminds me of the other day when I was driving down LBJ highway here in Dallas.

Out in the middle of the road, there must have been about 200-300 doughnuts scattered all over the road.

First thought I had was some home inspector must be out marketing to Realtors. LOL

You should hear doughnuts when you hit them at 60mph. Makes an interesting popping noise.

I thought the first couple police cars that come through there and they'll have a traffic pile up.

rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    200-300 doughnuts scattered all over the road.

First thought I had was some home inspector must be out marketing to Realtors.
    Actually, he was hoping to make you late for your inspection.

Next time I'll have my fishing dip net in the front seat.