JD Johnson Guest

Default Re: Inspectvue 5 is out.

Is there any upgrades for the PDA version? Is that dead?

I keep buying Dell Axim 3Xs off eBay, b/c I love using a PDA, but those Dells are nearing extinction (yes, I know they made a couple of versions after the 3, but the 3 series is a solid workhorse).

I wasn't able to open 5, so I need to get the activation key from them.

I quit using the Pocket PC's a while back. I have 3 Dell X51's that are going on E-bay (1 as I write this).

Jeff Knight Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JD Johnson View Post
    Is there any upgrades for the PDA version? Is that dead?

I keep buying Dell Axim 3Xs off eBay, b/c I love using a PDA, but those Dells are nearing extinction (yes, I know they made a couple of versions after the 3, but the 3 series is a solid workhorse).
    JD,
    I would recommend using the HP iPaq 210s. The price is usually < $400 and they are absolutely the best PDA yet. 640x480 resolution screen.

Gerald Wilcox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    Still appears to be mostly the same.
    The same as what? 2.5 million lines of code, completely new data base, unlimited pictures, XP, Vista, Windows 7 compatible. Change Sections, Components, Narratives to report on the fly within one window. Service by qualified programmers that have fixed run time errors and other bugs that plagued the system. I have found that Brian and Steve are good guys working hard to change the opinion that InspectVue has recevied because of poor performance these last three years. Check them out! The demo is available now.
    Sincerely,
    Gerald Wilcox
    House Check Home Inspections

Gerald,
    How about paying for a year of NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT OF ANY KIND?

I have to say that I am very unhappy with Inspectvue. No answers to technical support calls. I did get a call from Angie (?) once that sounded very promising, but then, nothing forever, and now she is gone as well.

It will be interesting to see how the call goes when I try to get my unlock code for 5.
    I'm not holding my breath.

I may just stick with 4.

JD Johnson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Knight View Post
    JD,
    I would recommend using the HP iPaq 210s. The price is usually < $400 and they are absolutely the best PDA yet. 640x480 resolution screen.
    Thanks for the heads up on this PDA...I thought all the manufacturers had abandoned the PDA market. I tried Compaq / HP years ago, but to be honest, I could never figure out their product nomenclature and never seemed to get the pda with the features I wanted. Dell made it much simpler.

If InspectVue isn't going to improve the Mobile portion of thier software, I may stick with the old Dells, but the next time one goes out...I may try the iPaq 210,. ALTHOUGH, at $25 a pop for an old Dell off eBay, it is hard to justify $300 for an HP (especially when I don't use it for anything more than data entry onto an SD card).

Regarding InspectVue, the last version has been adequate for my needs (or at least I have learned to make due with it), but it will take a pretty big incentive to get me to upgrade to v5, especially since there were no updates during my last year (or more) of my support subscription.

Thanks for all the info, be safe out there and best wishes to all for a prosperous New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Wilcox View Post
    The same as what? 2.5 million lines of code, completely new data base, unlimited pictures, XP, Vista, Windows 7 compatible. Change Sections, Components, Narratives to report on the fly within one window. Service by qualified programmers that have fixed run time errors and other bugs that plagued the system. I have found that Brian and Steve are good guys working hard to change the opinion that InspectVue has recevied because of poor performance these last three years. Check them out! The demo is available now.
    Sincerely,
    Gerald Wilcox
    Oh yea you're right...they did merge two programs into one, my bad. At the rate they move, you'll be demo-ing for many, many months to come.

Sincerely,
    Gerald Wilcox
    Whomever told you that they have 2.5 million lines of code was VERY off. Either the code is horribly written (which I seriously doubt) or it's much smaller. Home Inspector Pro is 80,000 lines of code and an accumulation of over 6 years of work.

Home Inspector Pro - Home Inspection Software & Home Inspection Website Hosting
    Runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad. Import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives!

I have found that Brian and Steve are good guys working hard to change the opinion that InspectVue has recevied because of poor performance these last three years. Check them out! The demo is available now.
    Sincerely,
    Gerald Wilcox
    Same turd different owner.

I did get my unlock code by e-mail.
    My version of 4.xxxx has been great for me. I'm not sure 5 is going to offer anything big enough for me to change. I will take a look at it though.
    It looks like it is only the room by room version, and I don't use that version to do my inspections anyway, so I may stay with what I have.

Really classy calling it a turd by the way.

I suppose you're right. The company which is the report, shouldnt be degrogated in such a crude manner. How's feces? I have a few more that will better describe the software and support, or lack thereof, but they're not much better than turd.

I guess it takes one to know one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    I guess it takes one to know one.
    So wait, I bag on a program that totally screws everyone who currently uses it, and you resort to personal attacks? Wow.
    So I suppose if I called you a "Jack-ass", I would be coming down to you're level. Hmmm, no I will refrain.

NO, I was just making a comment on your comments on calling the program/people turds, thats all.

While support has been terrible, I really have little or no complaints about the program itself, and the lack of support and updates has not really impacted me at all.

If you typically name call, then I guess that's your style. My response to your post was not meant as a personal attack, I was just giving back what you were dishing out.

Oh, I see. You're correct, however support is more than terrible. I was calling the program a pile. The "old" people were way helpful. Currently, you cant get a single individual to even email you back. I disagree with the program as it is currently. Too many runtime errors, the fact that you cant duplicate exact comments within a sub-section, the list goes on. There is far too much advancement in the reporting world to accept the old 4 version. They asked my opinion months ago. I suggested at the very least a search option for those of us with thousands of narritive comments. Is it in the new version? Heck no. Thats because they dont inspect. They dont do 2-3 inspections a day then sit in front of a computer sifting thru narritives forever. BTW, it does not matter how you categorize the comments, it still takes forever. Their job is to "limit" our time infront of a computer, not lengthen it.
    Besides, what about all the people who got duped when they bought when it sold? Where are their upgrades they were promised? I referred three of my students to them and they are all, each of them pissed because they cannot get help with the program.
    I obviously misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were calling me a piece of crap. My apologies.

Last edited by Marc M; 12-30-2009 at 11:35 AM.