Post 4-year-old Orange County girl drowns in backyard pool - InjuryBoard.com

InspectionNews has found this information related to pools and spas that might be of interest to you.

4-year-old Orange County girl drowns in backyard pool
    InjuryBoard.com, FL - Jun 23, 2007
    In this case, it seems as if adults were watching the children in the pool, but the pool was just too crowded and no one was in charge of pool safety. ...

More...

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Default Re: 4-year-old Orange County girl drowns in backyard pool - InjuryBoard.com

After reading about the Villa Park drowning I am considering actually hiring a life guard for pool parties rather than counting on parents
    Maybe next thing should be to hire a life guard for each child! Wait a minute, maybe a parent could do it.

Judging from this incident, obviously not!

Eric Van De Ven Magnum Inspections Inc. (772) 214-9929
    www.magnuminspections.com
    I still get paid to be suspicious when I got nothing to be suspicious about!

Default Re: 4-year-old Orange County girl drowns in backyard pool - InjuryBoard.com

Someone posted earlier that they had 15 minute "eyes on" shifts at the pool. I think that is one of the better ideas for pool safety. Break it down into smaller units, and don't allow it to be combined with the other social activities. Almost 40 years ago my parents had someone almost drown in their pool. It can happen pretty quickly. Fortunately, no one was injured and it was discovered in time, but obviously that doesn't happen every time.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA