mitch buchanan Guest

Default Anyone worked for Foundation Certifications?

Has anyone dealt with a company called Foundation Certification.com? It's an engineering company looking to sub-out manufactured home foundation inspections - an engineer checks your pics, etc. (by the way, in KY, our State license training requires numerous continuing ed hours on manufactured home foundations). Their fee structure is $100-175 per job, plus mileage sometimes, take a few pictures of the foundation, etc. I've worked a few companies like this in the distant past and quit dealing with them due to slow pay, too little $ for the "need-it-done-yesterday" work, but ..... I'm thinking if they have a good track record of paying in a timely manner and send me some fill-in work, why not give it a shot? Thanks for any info. - and Happy New year!

Mitch Buchanan HI 2009
    Capital City Home Inspection

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Anyone worked for Foundation Certifications?

What you doing up so late, Mitch. Hmmm, wait a minute. I'm up too!

Foundation Certification.com is just Harrison Engineering, Klamath Falls, Or, giving it another try.

Here's a link from the past:

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...ering-llc.html

You're a smart guy. Read the contract VERY closely for this type of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by mitch buchanan View Post
    I've worked a few companies like this in the distant past and quit dealing with them due to slow pay, too little $ for the "need-it-done-yesterday" work,
    There's still a lot of that out there. DDN (Digital Draw Network) supposedly one of the bigger ones, just went bust owing a whole lot of inspectors a whole lot of money.

-

-

Last edited by Erby Crofutt; 12-29-2009 at 10:43 PM.
    Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

mitch buchanan Guest

Erby,
    Thanks for the reply - I'm up late cause my daughter is having a sleep-over (it's going to be a late night!). I did find that this company is Harrison Engineering and saw the post about the other company going under. I'm always real leery of these types of guys from past experience. Just wondering if anyone out there has recent experience with this company - any takers?

Mitch

I do inspections for Foundation Certifications currently.

mitch buchanan Guest

Marc,

Do you get paid in a timely manner? Do they give you a fair amount of work? Thanks for your input!
    Mitch

They are a great outfit. I have to check with my girl who does the books to see their payment patterns, but I have'nt been alerted to any unpayed inspections as of yet. Some work comes from them and other work you prospect on your own. That work; you get more money for, I think 40% or so. Give'em a shot.