Thread: Hello from Pa

Shannon Kratzer Guest

Default Hello from Pa

Just wanted to properly introduce myself. I am currently a student in Home Inspector at Penn Foster Scranton,Pa. I will be finishing up school in January and am very excited and nervous at the same time. Right now i am having problems with getting inspectors to do ride alongs to get some field experience or even answer there phones or return messages. I will use this site as a learning tool and and appreciate you having me. I will gratefully take suggestions from you all Thanks again

Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Hello from Pa

Hi Shannon and welcome to IN.

It is the Holiday Season and for the most everyone is slow at this time of the year. Personally I have taken a week off from doing just about anything, except last night I did book a job for next week! Many inspectors pretty much shutdown over the holidays and in to January.

You might want to go out 100 miles or so from your location to find an inspector who is willing to let you ride a long with them. Folks don't like to train their local compatition. Personally, I have pretty much stopped allowing folks to ride-a-long with me unless they already have their HI license. By them having their license I can use them for free labor and toting the ladder!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Kratzer View Post
    Just wanted to properly introduce myself. I am currently a student in Home Inspector at Penn Foster Scranton,Pa. I will be finishing up school in January and am very excited and nervous at the same time. Right now i am having problems with getting inspectors to do ride alongs to get some field experience or even answer there phones or return messages. I will use this site as a learning tool and and appreciate you having me. I will gratefully take suggestions from you all Thanks again
    Hey Shannon Welcome... You have found a good home on this board. Don't be shy...

So how far are you from Dunder Mifflin Great Company...L.O.L.

There is one tool that most new inspectors for get about and then the day comes they need to put all of there first inspection information down in a report. Get to known your report program like the back of your hand. all the ins and outs...

This part is just as important as doing a good inspection. If you can not find a ride-a-long the start with Mock up inspection... and do a complete report.
    on every home around you... You could be helping you friend next door with some information on his home...

Best

Ron

Welcome Shannon. Don't be discouraged, as Scott said this time of year is very slow. Plan on making your vacation plans in Dec. and Jan. from now on.

By them having their license I can use them for free labor and toting the ladder!

Scott, I want the hot blond in the infomercial that carries the 26' Little Giant onto the elevator like it weighs less than a shoulder purse .

Shannon Kratzer Guest

[quote=Ron Bibler;114653]Hey Shannon Welcome... You have found a good home on this board. Don't be shy...

Actually Ron I'm in the southeast central if that makes sense part of the state,near Lake Raystown. I appreciate the welcome and I'm sure I will learn alot from all of you

Ron Bibler Guest

[QUOTE=Shannon Kratzer;114705]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    Hey Shannon Welcome... You have found a good home on this board. Don't be shy...

Actually Ron I'm in the southeast central if that makes sense part of the state,near Lake Raystown. I appreciate the welcome and I'm sure I will learn alot from all of you
    And we look forward from your input.

Best

Ron