Thread: sheathing niked

Rob Omstead Guest

Default sheathing niked

The 8awg connected to the range 40a cb is cut on the sheathing does this wire need to be replaced or can it be repaired?

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: sheathing niked

Do you have a picture to show us what you are asking so we can determine the appropriate answer for you?

Jeff Moore AZ Cert#49250
    Level II Thermographer
    http:www.quantumhomeinspections.com

"niked" had me confused there for a sec. I believe the cable or conductor insulation has been nicked. A photo would be helpful.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Rob Omstead Guest

I do but don't know how to re size the photo to make it smaller.
    The wire is in the panel and the sheathing has a cut in it. I guess my question is how do I re size my photo?
    Thanks

The wire is in the panel and the sheathing has a cut in it. I guess my question is how do I re size my photo?
    If you're talking about NM-B/ Romex, electrical tape can be used for a repair to the sheathing.

There are free picture re- sizing tools available on- line-- just download one to your computer. Google "photo re- sizing tools".

Rob Omstead Guest

Thanks a lot for both and yes the sheathing iis cut exposing the wire and either electrical tape or heat shrink is acceptable from what the electrician told me.

Thanks again for your help.

Rob, I had the same problems resizing photos when I first started, you just have to dive into it. The easiest way, if you only want to resize one or two photos at a time, is to use the software that you upload your pictures from your camera to your computer. In "Kodak Easy Share" you just click "Save As" and that gives you the option to resize. Play with it and you will get it. I use a program like "Infranview" (free download) to batch resize. Good Luck!!

Tom Rees / A Closer Look Home Inspection / Salt Lake City, Utah
    http://acloserlookslc.com/

A.D. Miller Guest

An easier way to resize photos for use on the forum is to download and install for free: Screen Print & Capture 32 - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Once installed, set it to prompt user for capture area and save to your desktop as a jpg file. Then open the picture, select it and save it to your desktop. It will be properly sized at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Omstead View Post
    I do but don't know how to re size the photo to make it smaller.
    Thanks
    Download the FREE IRfanview application. It will really allow you to do almost anything to your digital pix. There is also XNView which is also free. I use both.
    XN view has a setting called "Normalize" which I often use to fix exposure issues for inspection pix I've taken.
    Have Fun!

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

FOR XP: Microsoft Power Toys Image Resizing

FOR VISTA: Fast Stone PHoto Resizer

Both allow batch opeartion, i.e. you can do a whole bunch at once real quick.

and they're FREE!

640 x 480 is a good size for internet use.

-

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

Rob Omstead Guest

Thanks a lot for all your help issue resolved on both wire and resizing the photos.
    Thanks again