Thread: www.closing.com

Default www.closing.com

Has anyone heard of this outfit?

I got called yesterday and got a "free listing" - Of course they want $100 for a premium listing which allows me to change a lot of info and put my logo on my page.

I looked it up and several other inspectors in my area have given the $100. I'm just curious if any of you have gone for it and if you've got anything in return.

I was mainly impressed just because the guy on the phone didn't sound like he was in a chicken processing plant in India. The background was quiet and he spoke like a real person..... not somebody just trying to scam me.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: www.closing.com

Matt,

I had never heard of them until I saw them on the list of exhibitors at the upcoming InspectionWorld next week in Las Vegas. I plan to drop by their booth and check them out. I'll let you know what I find out.

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

A.D. Miller Guest

MF: I would have given you an exclusive listing on my site for a mere $50.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Matt, before giving them any money for a listing, ask them how they plan on getting their website in front of consumers. I did some general Google searches using your state (ie - oregon home inspections, oregon home inspection, oregon home inspectors, oregon home inspector). Unless they have another URL that will direct consumers to their website that is different than closing.com, their site doesn't even appear in the top 50 sites on Google. They aren't even in the pay-per-click listings.

Personally, I'd need to see their site appearing on the 1st or 2nd page of Google through use of the most common keyword search phrases before I'd consider giving them money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    Matt, before giving them any money for a listing, ask them how they plan on getting their website in front of consumers. I did some general Google searches using your state (ie - oregon home inspections, oregon home inspection, oregon home inspectors, oregon home inspector). Unless they have another URL that will direct consumers to their website that is different than closing.com, their site doesn't even appear in the top 50 sites on Google. They aren't even in the pay-per-click listings.

Personally, I'd need to see their site appearing on the 1st or 2nd page of Google through use of the most common keyword search phrases before I'd consider giving them money.

Agree 100%

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

Ted Menelly Guest

I have countless sites that I have a listing on and everyone of them offer premium listing for xxx. I have done thousands of searches in about every term you can think of and almost none of these sites come on the first page.

The only thing a premium listing does is give you a higher position on their site and gain a better reciprocal link.

Who knows. Maybe they have something else going on.

My response? "Click"

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Ted Menelly Guest

You will see why you may not want to list with them.

Premium listings abound.

I searched in my area (funny, I am not on there) and then copied this link it brought me to. I searched for an inspector for a 20 year old home, 1800 sf, on slab, 3 bed 2 bath.

Go up to 4000 square feet and they start at 250.00. Don't be fooled by some with slightly higher prices. They are either giving away termite inspections or charging half or less of th normal going rate on termite inspections. Then there are some that are giving away much much more such as Thermal imaging etc.

Closing.com - Save on : Home Inspectors Rates | Real Estate Closing Costs

Last edited by Ted Menelly; 01-13-2010 at 04:40 PM.