Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mitchell Toelle Guest

Default Re: Inspection vehicle signage

Regarding post #38...Tim S., alott of testosterone floating around here. I guess with only an InterNa designation you need some more hormones to bolster yourself. Let me be civil and invite you to the CREIA Antelope Valley chapter meetings. They meet on the 3rd Wed. of each month at Greenhouse Cafe in Lancaster. You are very welcome to attend your first meeting free of charge, which includes a free meal. Join a reputable Association, and Inspectors who are truely dedicated to continueing education. I will admit that InterNa has some good info. on their site but their reputation preceeds them. We would love to have you as a member of a Calif. only Association.

Crawl Space Creeper

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Toelle View Post
    Regarding post #38...Tim S., alott of testosterone floating around here. I guess with only an InterNa designation you need some more hormones to bolster yourself. Let me be civil and invite you to the CREIA Antelope Valley chapter meetings. They meet on the 3rd Wed. of each month at Greenhouse Cafe in Lancaster. You are very welcome to attend your first meeting free of charge, which includes a free meal. Join a reputable Association, and Inspectors who are truely dedicated to continueing education. I will admit that InterNa has some good info. on their site but their reputation preceeds them. We would love to have you as a member of a Calif. only Association.
    How does signage relate to minor associations in this thread.?
    You feeling insecure in your manhood. ?

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Elliott View Post
    May depend on your locale.
    In Chicago I have never once seen a "Plumber truck" and thought I should write down the number in traffic
    In Chicago most do not even use a Inspector.
    Many use Agent or friend referral and the rest have good internet access.
    They normally get 5 days to have an inspection done so what are the odds someone just signed a purchase agreement as your vehicle rolls by.

My thinking is this type branding works best in small town america.
    Still if you get a good deal and use more than a cheap magnetic sign screaming P/T "what the heck" give it a shot.

Uhm

DFW..................................... I don't think small town America fits here.

That being said. I never really got calls to speak of. I had signage on my vehicles off and on over the years and I had received several calls *over the years* Yeah, not to many.

Does it pay. Sure it pays off. I just felt it was a place that marketing money never paid off enough to drive around with signage 24/7

I have seen Jim vehicle. It is quite a billboard. I would venture to say that that type of signage must pay off.

Dan Kuznitsky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Uhm

DFW..................................... I don't think small town America fits here.

That being said. I never really got calls to speak of. I had signage on my vehicles off and on over the years and I had received several calls *over the years* Yeah, not to many.

Does it pay. Sure it pays off. I just felt it was a place that marketing money never paid off enough to drive around with signage 24/7

I have seen Jim vehicle. It is quite a billboard. I would venture to say that that type of signage must pay off.
    I'm also taking into consideration neighbors that might show up wondering who the guy is poking around the house next door.... signage=less "wtf are you doing here?" when I park and start an inspection, and ANY calls stemming from the signage that end up leading to appointments make it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kuznitsky View Post
    I'm also taking into consideration neighbors that might show up wondering who the guy is poking around the house next door.... signage=less "wtf are you doing here?" when I park and start an inspection, and ANY calls stemming from the signage that end up leading to appointments make it worth it.
    Just ask them for their name and address as you give them an ominous look.

Uhm

My thinking is that in a smaller area the potential clients are more likely to see you around and the signage will make more of a difference.

Dan Kuznitsky Guest

Just ask them for their name and address as you give them an ominous look.
    Hehe. According to people that know me, it's the only look I've got anyway.

Dan Kuznitsky Guest

My thinking is that in a smaller area the potential clients are more likely to see you around and the signage will make more of a difference.
    Mine is, whether it's a big OR small town vehicle signage coupled with other methods help to get your name Remembered.... If a potential client see's you in your vehicle, then see's your name among a few other names, yours is the one most familiar and most likely to get a call. Even if they decide to go with another inspector, you still have potential to get that inquiry.

Agree with ya Dan.

We may not call the # at the time we see it.. but when we need a service that's unfamiliar to us, we may think "I'll go with XXXX I've *heard of them before*"

I think they call it........ Branding?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Toelle View Post
    Wow!

What a crappy thing to say! I was just there a couple weeks ago and several of the meetings before that.

Never seen ya! Maybe I'll catch ya next time.

*IF* you were being civil... you certainly wouldn't have been insulting in your statements. By the way.. it's *a lot* and *Internachi*.

Most people I meet (including CREIA members) find me knowledgeable and friendly.

Also, over the years, one thing I've found to be true is this...

No matter the inspector's association or designation... when/if I go behind an inspector (I'm a building contractor too) with a punchlist from their report... they all miss things. A ten year XXX guy or another. No one's perfect.

Instead of slinging mud, we, as inspector's should better ourselves, thereby improving OUR reputation as a whole.

The thing that is BAD for our industry is a BAD inspector... they come in all shapes and sizes AND association.

BTW..

Last edited by Tim Spargo; 09-23-2010 at 02:45 PM.

Tony Escamilla Guest

You can NEVER have your name in too many places. I've gotten plenty or work from vehichle signs when I was using them. I got one a year later after I met a lady at a supermarket because she saw my signs.

Which reminds me, it's time to order a new pair since the last ones got beaten up and I removed them. If you're going to use them, be sure they are legible from a distance and CLEAN!

Tony Escamilla
    Villa Home Inspections

I have read alot (excuse me...I mean a lot) of posts here, some good, some bad, some vicious, some down right scary...but I agree with Tony, you can never have too much exposure if you are trying to capture as many leads as you can. Get your name out there any way you can, then back your name up with integrity and professionalism. That will be your ultimate stamp on your work...and repeat business.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
    Jubilee Home Inspections

I must say that over the years I haven't had many calls off the truck signage (that I know of anyway) however, it HAS kept me from being viewed as "suspicious" is some neighborhoods or at some vacant houses by neighbors or the cops. They may watch me a bit but are satisfied when I break out the tool belt. Also, many times neighbors come over to see about the house being sold and who the new neighbors will be and so on. That offers the opportunity to quiz them about the house and the neighborhood and the area for possible problems like drainage and so forth or previous owners problems with the house.

Beacon Inspection Services
    Proudly Serving the Greater Henderson and Las Vegas Valley Area in Southern Nevada!
    Like Beacon On Facebook

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Knauff View Post
    I must say that over the years I haven't had many calls off the truck signage (that I know of anyway) however, it HAS kept me from being viewed as "suspicious" is some neighborhoods or at some vacant houses by neighbors or the cops. They may watch me a bit but are satisfied when I break out the tool belt. Also, many times neighbors come over to see about the house being sold and who the new neighbors will be and so on. That offers the opportunity to quiz them about the house and the neighborhood and the area for possible problems like drainage and so forth or previous owners problems with the house.
    I was curious about the identification thing when you come to a home to inspect it. I am not talking of the owner of the home but neighbors. It has been mentioned here several times and on other threads.

Once in the thousands of inspections has anyone every specifically come over where I was inspecting to inquire who I may be as in a suspicious nature. Maybe it was in a suspicious nature but never felt like it.

After I had been there a while some neighbor might call out and say hello and ask if the home finally sold but that is about it. I have even gotten a few inspections from neighbors or friends of neighbors but only that one time was there ever a "and who are you" thing.

All this talk of signage and I think I may be getting some lettering or at the least three nice magnetic signs, one for the tail gate and one for each door. I keep seeing some very nice wraps but they are pretty serious on the cost side. Besides I like the idea of removing any lettering when I feel like it.

I was curious about the identification thing when you come to a home to inspect it. I am not talking of the owner of the home but neighbors. It has been mentioned here several times and on other threads.

Once in the thousands of inspections has anyone every specifically come over where I was inspecting to inquire who I may be as in a suspicious nature. Maybe it was in a suspicious nature but never felt like it.

After I had been there a while some neighbor might call out and say hello and ask if the home finally sold but that is about it. I have even gotten a few inspections from neighbors or friends of neighbors but only that one time was there ever a "and who are you" thing.

All this talk of signage and I think I may be getting some lettering or at the least three nice magnetic signs, one for the tail gate and one for each door. I keep seeing some very nice wraps but they are pretty serious on the cost side. Besides I like the idea of removing any lettering when I feel like it.
    Ted, try pricing vinyl lettering. It is permanent enough but peels right off, not nearly as expensive as a wrap.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Ted, try pricing vinyl lettering. It is permanent enough but peels right off, not nearly as expensive as a wrap.
    I have done the vinyl lettering on all my other vehicles. Once on there for a while it is hair drier time and a lot of patience. Unless you mean vinyl lettering in a sheet form like a clear plastic that all pulls off at once and can be reused.

Don't have any lettering or wrap on the vehicle. Had some magnets for a while but stopped.

Now I have a sign I post in the yard during the inspection. Serves the same purpose as alerting the neighborhood that I am not just a suspicious person but also a home inspector

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    "The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

I put the wrap just on my windows in 07 they are now starting to peel at the edges. They said it will last 3-5 so keep that in mind when doing it.

Down side is I get road rage and can't flip azz #oles off.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12