Michael Kulikowski Guest

Default Home Inspection Warranty

How many of you provide some kind of warranty ( 3rd party ..or whatever) with your home inspection. I just lost a job because the potential client says this other guy was going to warranty the home for 6 months. I suggested that he read the fine print as most warranties in my experience are NG.
    Your thoughts

NY, Rochester home inspection services

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: Home Inspection Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kulikowski View Post
    How many of you provide some kind of warranty ( 3rd party ..or whatever) with your home inspection. I just lost a job because the potential client says this other guy was going to warranty the home for 6 months. I suggested that he read the fine print as most warranties in my experience are NG.
    Your thoughts

NY, Rochester home inspection services

Yes, I have lost a couple jobs over the years because of it. Maybe more. The proof is in the pudding as they say. If anything is mentioned in the inspection report and the client does not follow it up then the warranty is void. Secondly most home buyers around here get a warranty thrown in from the seller or incorporated into the selling price so they do not need a warranty. Besides have you ever heard the horror stories from thousands about their warranty would not work because of 125,000 reasons. Such as "You did not polish your stove. That is why it stopped working

On a serious note I have thought of it on several occasions only to combat the "I give away everything for free" inspectors.

Lately as I sit here drumming up newer and more inventive ways to grab my tiny share in the inspection market around here I read so much from so many fliers and websites and hear so much from buyers about the give away everything boys it makes me sick.

Back to the warranty. Who do you think they are going to call first about a warranty issue and who do you think they are going to blame if the warranty company does not pay out. One referring party may get you a few inspections. One disgruntled client will lose you ten fold. Even if it is not your fault. Sounds more like you are attached in not just a good way for a long time. When a potential client hits me with "So and so is offering warranties" I hit them with "Well, isn't your Realtor already handling the warranty on the home for you" The answer is almost or should I say 99.9 to 1, yes.

Last edited by Ted Menelly; 01-18-2010 at 04:04 PM.