A.D. Miller Guest

chris mcintyre Guest

Default Re: Another Bit of Good News

I hope they are right. In this area new home inventory is shrinking. I am bidding on a couple of custom homes, also some larger remodeling project, but no signed contracts (yet).

A.D. Miller Guest

Ted Menelly Guest

I don't know about any report anywhere about new home starts or a jump in new building. There is not a construction site anywhere that I have been that is even doing a fraction of new starts that used to be a year ago. Most are either stopped or just have a few new home going up.

I would sure like to sound more positive on that but I cover the entire DFW area (when working ) and see nothing in the new home market compared to even a slow year ago never mind anywhere near what these sights looked like a couple years ago.

The Pres made a comment earlier about if the banks or lenders want a fight that they should remember that they started it. This day was the worse day in a long time when the bell rang on wall street. Many base it on the Pres comments and policies. It is because of his comments and policies. All this foolishness needs to stop and enact policies that will save money, put folks back to work and not continue to ram new policies and programs down our throats that do absolutely nothing but get us deeper in debt and cost us more money and have a continued loss of jobs.

In the real world the true unemployment can even be considered up wards of 20% when all factors are brought in to play.

A.D. Miller Guest

TM: Thanks for the wet blanket, Cowtown.

Ted Menelly Guest

No wet blanket

Just indisputable facts that I am working on over coming. It is a slow process but I am sure we as a whole will fix this mess and come out on top once again.

Wet blanket...No.

Sorry folks. This is a fact based board and the facts must be presented as they are. Not addressing them as they are is denying the fact that we have a lot of work ahead of us and like i said I am certain we will all come out on top once again.

I don't always like the facts either but ignoring them does not make them go away. Thery must be dealt with in a realistic manner whole heartedly.

Now. If anyone has some good suggestions to overcome the slow period this country is in and especially about the home inspection industry as a whole, I am all ears. I welcome good thoughts and constructive critisism.

Glorified glossed over truths and talking about something that is not there does us no good.

Someone, one at a time, throw some wonderful words of wisdom as to what they are doing to overcome. I am sure we will all appreciate it and thank you kindly and hopefuly return some good advise in the future.

Look for cement prices to go up, but maybe we will breath easier.

Environmental group hails clean air settlements

DALLAS (AP) -- A group of environmental activists is hailing settlements reached by a container glass-maker and a cement manufacturer with the federal government.
    The Justice Department says Saint-Gobain Containers Inc. of Muncie, Ind., and Lavarge North America Inc. of Herndon, Va., could end up paying $282 million to cut emissions at 28 plants around the country under the Clean Air Act settlements.
    Downwinders at Risk is a Texas environmental group that's often critical of the nation's largest concentration of cement kilns, just south of Dallas. Group director Jim Schermbeck says the deals will have sweeping effects on the industry.
    For years, Schermbeck's group has been promoting the selective catalytic reduction system for the 10 kilns in the town of Midlothian. He says they would go a long way in cleaning up the notoriously polluted air in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    No wet blanket

Just indisputable facts that I am working on over coming. It is a slow process but I am sure we as a whole will fix this mess and come out on top once again.

Wet blanket...No.

Sorry folks. This is a fact based board and the facts must be presented as they are. Not addressing them as they are is denying the fact that we have a lot of work ahead of us and like i said I am certain we will all come out on top once again.

I don't always like the facts either but ignoring them does not make them go away. Thery must be dealt with in a realistic manner whole heartedly.

Now. If anyone has some good suggestions to overcome the slow period this country is in and especially about the home inspection industry as a whole, I am all ears. I welcome good thoughts and constructive critisism.

Glorified glossed over truths and talking about something that is not there does us no good.

Someone, one at a time, throw some wonderful words of wisdom as to what they are doing to overcome. I am sure we will all appreciate it and thank you kindly and hopefuly return some good advise in the future.
    TM: But, you never take advice. I have, on more thatn one occasion, directed you to:

ieSpell - Download

It is a FREE spell checker, that you are sorely in need of. That is, of course, unless you prefer to appear to be an ignorant Cow Town hick.

Ted Menelly Guest

All I have to say is what you said

"TM: But, you never take advice. I have, on more thatn one occasion, directed you to:"

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    All I have to say is what you said

"TM: But, you never take advice. I have, on more thatn one occasion, directed you to:"
    TM: Thatn was for your benefit.

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

chris mcintyre Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Thomas View Post
    My area (the Charlotte nc area) is 6% under valued, so I will take that as "another bit of good news".