Peter J. Rose, CET, FPT Guest

Default An old guy, but new member

Hello all fellow members:

I am an "old guy" from Ontario, Canada. I am a graduate of the Insurers Advisory Organization (IAO) School of Loss Control Technology and a Fire Protection Technologist and have been in the business since 1993. Although I have done Home Inspections, my main work is doing loss control surveys/inspections for the insurance industry in both Canada and the U.S.

I have read some posts about income. Low income can be so true. I generally charge $30.00 per hour for travel time plus 45 cents per kilometer (72 cents per mile) and $75.00 per hour for inspection/report writing time. Frequently, I have a schedule of rates or a flat rate agreement for regular clients, so that the money averages out in the long run for those regular clients. These are negotiated rates. Member, Scott Patterson knows where it is at - listen to him. I was making $15.00 per hour back in 1993 working for the IAO!

Please feel free to contact me for anything - like advice from a guy who will work till he drops.

Cheers!

Pete

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: An old guy, but new member

Sorry, I meant to add my email address: losscontrol@bell.net and my website address: Fire Protection Survey Services Loss Control .

Must have had an old timers moment there, eh? I'll be 65 on Friday the 22nd. Hint, hint!!!

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. Rose, CET, FPT View Post
    Sorry, I meant to add my email address: losscontrol@bell.net and my website address: Fire Protection Survey Services Loss Control .

Must have had an old timers moment there, eh? I'll be 65 on Friday the 22nd. Hint, hint!!!

Pete
    Pete - Welcome!
    Remember - 65 is the new 45!

And if you believe that ...

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Thanks for the welcome John. And you know, I don't feel 65 because I stay active doing inspections, etc.

I think the younger folks need to realize that an MBA with no experience is worth less than experience with no MBA. Why else would all those companies who got rid of us older folks start phoning to ask us questions that only those with experience know the answers.

Later.

Pete

Great! Another old fart on the board.

Welcome Peter Rose.

rick

Hey Rick,

Old farts can be good. You'll be one, one day, and it ain't so bad!

Wait and see.

Pete

Ron Bibler Guest

Last edited by Ron Bibler; 01-25-2010 at 08:09 AM.