Thread: Angry Agent

Default Angry Agent

I did good today. Saved a young couple from a 19 year old money-pit that would have cost them a bundle in short time. They backed out of the short sale that they had been trying to get through for 7 months. I hadn't even created the report yet and had a voice mail from the listing agent DEMANDING a copy of the report and exactly what was wrong with the roof, heat pumps, and plumbing. I didn't bother returning her call much less give her information. I did notify my clients and their agent. The caller certainly sounded ready to boil me in oil. I can't blame her too much, she has been stuck with the listing for a year.

I didn't nit-pick and report cosmetic-type issues. This house just never had any maintenance or care. Polybutylene and Big Blue, non-functioning original heat pump, old roof with curling shingles and leaks. IF they had decided to play Craps with the PB, they still would have needed to come up with another $15-20K to make the place livable.

The good thing is I got a note from them saying they were looking again and would call me when they found something.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper
    The above statements are expressed solely as my opinion and in all probability will conflict with someone else's.
    Stu, Fredericksburg VA

A.D. Miller Guest

Default Re: Angry Agent

SB: Not to be an apoligist, but it has to be tough on agents in this market to have a light shined on the foibles of some of the dogs they have listed. But then, any agent who takes on short sales, disclosures and the like has to know that there is no responsible party (adult) to appeal to on the owner's side.

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: Angry Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Brooks View Post
    I did good today. Saved a young couple from a 19 year old money-pit that would have cost them a bundle in short time. They backed out of the short sale that they had been trying to get through for 7 months. I hadn't even created the report yet and had a voice mail from the listing agent DEMANDING a copy of the report and exactly what was wrong with the roof, heat pumps, and plumbing. I didn't bother returning her call much less give her information. I did notify my clients and their agent. The caller certainly sounded ready to boil me in oil. I can't blame her too much, she has been stuck with the listing for a year.

I didn't nit-pick and report cosmetic-type issues. This house just never had any maintenance or care. Polybutylene and Big Blue, non-functioning original heat pump, old roof with curling shingles and leaks. IF they had decided to play Craps with the PB, they still would have needed to come up with another $15-20K to make the place livable.

The good thing is I got a note from them saying they were looking again and would call me when they found something.

The only two inspections I did this week were for sellers. They both had their homes on the market with folks coming in and walking out with no real interest and they wanted to know what was wrong with their homes to be prepared for the next batch of buyers.

One was a pretty bad settling issue with the foundation and I called a foundation company in with me. Five years old and the builders warranty company should be handling that (maybe) so I don't see a huge issue.

The second home .......................... I really don't think that they were expecting the report I gave them. Older home, addition, no maintenance, need I say more. It was a very lengthly report with a serious amount of dollars signs in their future just to make it even acceptable to look at, never mind buy.

And what are the rules in Irving Texas for a concrete 30 foot wide and 12 foot deep drainage ditch running next to the property as far as barriers (fence etc)

And then there is the Bridge over the River Kwai

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images