Doug Haglund Guest

Default Template for Commercial buildings

I was contacted by Realtor to do a inspection on a commercial building, need help on a template I could use for this, I do have software for single family but not for commercial building. If anybody has a template I could download & use would great.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Template for Commercial buildings

I've done lots of multi-family and small commerical buildings and have always just modified my residential form or just started from scratch. I think you'll have a hard time finding a template (or at least one that fits your needs) since commercial buildings are all so unique.

In the end people really just want a list of problems so as long as you're satisfying any SOP requirements (if any even apply) you can pretty much do anything that conveys the information adequately.

Doug Haglund Guest

Thanks Matt, that's what I'll do, maybe just use Words, or any other program I can insert some pictures, any suggestions on that or any other program that I could insert pictures?

Download/buy a copy of ASTM 2018 as a reference guide for these reports. As Matt said, it's pretty much the same set-up. On a commercial inspection, consider asking your client what their goals are with the property, beyond just purchase I'm assuming. Knowing that, often helps tailor the report a bit to the client's needs, which of course makes them happy.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"