Luis Sanabria Guest

Default Soliciting for your Business

I just started my Termite Inspection company here in New York, and I was wondering what do I do to start soliciting my company to nearby local agencies such as Real Estates?

I have everything done. I am a licensed Technician in 7c and I have all the forms and my NPMA-33 form and everything. I still don't know what do put down for business license number, since my business is going to be one the does ONLY Termite Inspections and no application of any chemicals.

I was just wondering how would I go about this? Is it frownable to walk into a real estate office and hand them your business card? My mother and stepfather use to have a company a couple of years back, but not no more. I have alot of customer files(abbout 500). Can I call them back and solicit?

IF anyone can help me out with these topics, please let me know! I just started out on my own as a Technician and I really want to start making some "decent" money for a chance. Also, is charging $75.00 plus tax for a termite inspection good?My mother's company charged 125, but I just want to start charging low to get some customers and stuff. That fee is for a real estate inspection. Please let me know!-

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Ron Bibler Guest

Default Re: Soliciting for your Business

Congrats Luis on your new start up... This can be the best time in your life or You can call me I can help with a few things...

Go to my web-sites you will find my contact info.

Best

Ron
    Santa Rosa Pest Control - Inspection and Pest Control in Sonoma County
    Santa Rosa California Home Inspection - Exterminating & Thermal Imaging

Luis

charge low to begin. real estate agents will remember the price. you worked hard for your certification. charge what your mom does. or research other inspectors in your area and be competitive, not a low baller.

good luck in the business

charlie

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Sanabria View Post
    I just started my Termite Inspection company here in New York, and I was wondering what do I do to start soliciting my company to nearby local agencies such as Real Estates?

I have everything done. I am a licensed Technician in 7c and I have all the forms and my NPMA-33 form and everything. I still don't know what do put down for business license number, since my business is going to be one the does ONLY Termite Inspections and no application of any chemicals.

I was just wondering how would I go about this? Is it frownable to walk into a real estate office and hand them your business card? My mother and stepfather use to have a company a couple of years back, but not no more. I have alot of customer files(abbout 500). Can I call them back and solicit?

IF anyone can help me out with these topics, please let me know! I just started out on my own as a Technician and I really want to start making some "decent" money for a chance. Also, is charging $75.00 plus tax for a termite inspection good?My mother's company charged 125, but I just want to start charging low to get some customers and stuff. That fee is for a real estate inspection. Please let me know!-

500 names mom and dad use to do for customers. Solicit away. That is the best possible leed you have for new work. The world is your marketplace solicit away.

Around here they chrage anywhere from 50 to 125 for termite inspections. It all depends what the market will bare. Shoot Around here guys throw in a free termite inspection if they have both licenses to get the home inspection. That in itself makes me sick. Licensed, insured, experienced in a seperate trade and they throw all that away and give it away for free.

Kinda like all the guys that wanted to open up a new line of work and went and bought IR cameras. Now that they spent the many thousands on the camera and training they are giving it away by adding it to the home inspection. That is the only way they can justify that it is ok. They call it getting all the new technology because it is the thing to do and the way of things down the road. That is just a cover for. "I spent betweeen 7,000 and 15,000 for my new line of work and now cannot sell a straight thermal imaging job for the life of me." Now they say that all home inspectors should have an IR cmaera and give it away because they blew it and spent all their money so why shouldn't everyone else.

[QUOTE=Luis Sanabria;118460]I just started my Termite Inspection company here in New York, and I was wondering what do I do to start soliciting my company to nearby local agencies such as Real Estates?

QUOTE]

Sure. They won't know about your service if you don't let them know, and ask for their business.

Before asking for or marketing my service to the public.
    Instead of telling the consumer how great I am , at first contact, I always think about the other persons, [ the consumers position,] and what would I want from someone selling me their service. Then let them know how my service can help them. .
    Then I tell them how great I am, and why they should only hire me.

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

chris mcintyre Guest

Ted,
    You crack me up, every time I read one of your post I catch myself reading it in a Yosemite Sam voice and tone.

Luis,
    Like Ted said "solicit away", and the way I would do that is to create a letter and mail it to all of the addresses on your mom's list letting them know that it is now your business and to give you a call if they need your services. The letter should be detailed and well written, so take your time with it, let them know all that you offer and remind them of the importance of an annual inspection.

Good luck!

The best bang for the buck advertising these days is a good website.

A decent looking site is not the only important thing. Having it optimized to your locality in the search engines needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Sanabria View Post

Luis.. Have you contacted Home Inspectors in your area, to see if they will refer your service ?

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

JORY LANNES Guest

Hi luis
    Congrats on your new business.

Your are not soliciting your company you are marketing. Contact Home inspectors in your area. Contact Ashi Nahi and internachi chapters and offer to put on an education presentation for one of their meetings.

i have found "Door Knob" hangers to also be a good way to get your name out. A web site is a must. Consider buying Google clicks or pay for clicks.

Good luck