Default Re: Wood moves - let it move

Joe L is a good speaker. He knows a LOT about energy efficient building methods and materials. I heard him speak at the EEBA conference last fall in Denver and I heard him speak just week before last at the International Builders Show in Las Vegas.

The article (at your link) is a very good explanation of truss uplift. I sent it to a friend in Georgia who has truss uplift in her house. I tried explaining it to her but it only brought on glazed over eyes. I hope the article and accompanying sketches and photos will explain it better than I did.

"Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

chris mcintyre Guest

Thanks Jim, great article and a great site. I saved the article in the PDF, and bookmarked the site. Often when you explain to people what you have heard or seen, you get the "yea right" look, it is nice to have it in writing for back up.

Judging from the pictures used for illustration, I think it is safe to say this is not new science.

By the way, you can sign up for their periodic newsletters.
    That is why I posted the link to this particular article, I was cleaning up old "save for later" file and came across it.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas