Default Any Texas inspectors know what TREC says about non-insulated interior attic doors ?

Member Benefits1

A.D. Miller Guest

Default Re: Any Texas inspectors know what TREC says about non-insulated interior attic doors

Quote Originally Posted by Gene South View Post
    Any Texas inspectors know what TREC says about non-insulated interior attic doors ? Just a quick question. I can look it up myself but little brain tired right now, so thought I would ask.

Thanks

Gene
    GS: The geniuses at the TREC, though able to demand that HIs be code savvy regarding other issues, seem to have overlooked quite a few - this being one of them. However, it can be inferred at 535.228(g)(2)(D).

Default Re: Any Texas inspectors know what TREC says about non-insulated interior attic doors

A.D. Thanks. So you are saying per the specificed code you listed, that the interior attic doors should be insulated, however the TREC SOP does not mention this area ?

Thanks

Gene

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gene South View Post
    A.D. Thanks. So you are saying per the specificed code you listed, that the interior attic doors should be insulated, however the TREC SOP does not mention this area ?

Thanks

Gene
    GS: The IECC requires that the interior hatches and ladders be insulated and gasketed. The TREC does not mention these specifically, but may intend them in the regulation I cited.

Who knows what the hell they intend? Note that Cahill has submitted no less than 13 requests for interpretation to them. They have yet to answer one.

A.D. Thanks,

Gene