Edgar Abrego Guest

Default HELP House built in 1954, 3 panels???

OK I am still a rookie, and this is the oldest house I have inspected so far. Need help w/ the electrical portion. It has 3 panels. 2 subs and a main of course. Would appreciate it, if any body could take a look at the pictures and let me know what they think.

A.) First 4 pics are of the sub in the garage, I have never heard of this brand; "Arrow Hart-MUrray"

B.) Bulldog also 4 pics. Is the panel in the hallway which actually used to be the main, but they have added on all around the panel. It is a Bulldog

C.) Is GE I have 4 pics for this as well.

I have noticed the obvious loose, wires, rust stains, missing srews and no clamps hold ing wires together. But would really appreciate any words of wisdom you may be willing to part with.

I will add 4 pics at a time since that is what is allowed.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Edgar Abrego Guest

Default Re: HELP House built in 1954, 3 panels???

Bulldog pics.

Edgar Abrego Guest

OK this is not working, let me try again.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Edgar Abrego Guest

5 more

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Edgar Abrego Guest

Last 2 sorry, but I got it figured out now as far as uploading photos goes.

Anything specific you have a question about?

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Joe Nernberg Guest

Talking Re: HELP House built in 1954, 3 panels???

Edgar,

Take these photos to a nearby CREIA meeting:

Inland Empire Chapter (IE) Meeting

Monday, July 9, 2007 7:00 PM
    Dinner meetings are 2nd Monday of the month, 7:00 PM. Pre-meeting Education Roundtable starts at 6:00 PM. COCO'S Restaurant, 4360 Mills Circle Road, West side of Ontario Mills Mall, Ontario, CA 91764. $30 Members, $35 Non-Members, $40 at door.

inspectitneil@msn.com
    (909) 944-2773

Your peers/fellow inspectors can use the photos for a roundtable meeting. Get involved with CREIA, ASHI or...?

Richard Rushing Guest

Suggestions for documenting an inspection by photos;
    • Take a photo of the gounding rod (usually just below the service meter on the exterior)
    • Take a photo of the service panel -- full view
    • Take a photo of the main disconnect
    • Take a photo of the service lugs (see if you can capture the noted size on the insulation)
    • Take a photo of the right leg with breakers
    • Take a photo of the right leg with wire connections-- you want to see the copper vs aluminum or 'other'
    • Take a photo of the left leg with breakers
    • Take a photo of the left leg with wire connections-- you want to see the copper vs aluminum or 'other'
    • Take a photo of the neutral bar
    • Take a photo of the ground bar
    • Take a photo of the bonding bar/ screw
    • Take a photo of the (inside) top of the panel
    • Take a photo of the (inside) bottom of the panel
    • Take a photo of the equipment ground
    • Now take photos of all issues that you see present-- i.e; double lugged, under sized conductors, overheating issues, etc...
    Documenting these things (everytime) will help assist anyone's quesitons that someone may have after you post a question. As they are, it's hard to tell because the photos are both dark and not very close.

When dealing with panel photos, usually one has to switch your camera to a 'macro' mode to get a close up shot that is clear and concise.

Richard

Edgar Abrego Guest

Thanks for the reply guy.

Scott- I am just not familiar with the Murray or Bulldog panels, and was wonderring if their were any issues with these similar to those of the FPE panels.

Joe-Thanks for the info, I work a swing shift so cannt attend these meetings is their an alternative way to join CREIA?

Richard- Thanks for the list that will help tremendously. My photos are much better than what was uploaded but I had to reduce quality. I am going to repost a couple and see if this works.

Thanks guys and I these photos will work better.

Richard Rushing Guest

Edgar... more questions back to you.

(see attachment of your photo)

Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar Abrego View Post
    Thanks for the reply guy.

Scott- I am just not familiar with the Murray or Bulldog panels, and was wonderring if their were any issues with these similar to those of the FPE panels.

Joe-Thanks for the info, I work a swing shift so cannt attend these meetings is their an alternative way to join CREIA?

Richard- Thanks for the list that will help tremendously. My photos are much better than what was uploaded but I had to reduce quality. I am going to repost a couple and see if this works.

Thanks guys and I these photos will work better.
    Murry is OK. The Bulldog Pushmatic is OK, it is just old and breakers are expensive to replace. No, they do not have the same problems as the FPE, or Zinsco/Sylvania panels.

In that first picture the top breaker looks like it has corroded or has become real hot. The insulation looks like it is discolored as well.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Edgar Abrego Guest

Thanks again Scott.

Richard I will try to answer your questions.

1. Is this a jumper? - No it appears to go behind the panel (YES BEHIND) and up into the right corner.
    2. Is this Aluminum? - No, it is copper.
    3. These supposed to be connected? I don't know?? That is my best answer.
    4. Was this double pole breaker, double lugged? I believe it was.

Well thanks for all your help guys. I will let you know how well buyer receives my report.

edgar